[ROM] |RAZRX v1.0| |12/14/2011|

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Question.. for some reason should I boot loop will a hard reset put me back into safestrap mod so I can get back into non safe mod

Everytime you boot you should be greeted with the option to boot into recovery (safestrap). Does that answer your question?

dalt0n1994

Reaction score
Moto cast was not included in the ROM but the Dev did include a separate flashable addon that puts motocast back on with all other blur and vz bloat.

Or if you go to page 3 of this thread, the post at the to had a link that will foretaste addon for just the motocast player without the extra bloat/ blur.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Ah ok thank you for that! I read through the whole thread but I must have missed the motocast player post. Definitely going to flash that, because I finally got rid of the VZW bloat on my phone and it's going to stay that way.

Reaction score

Ah ok thank you for that! I read through the whole thread but I must have missed the motocast player post. Definitely going to flash that, because I finally got rid of the VZW bloat on my phone and it's going to stay that way.

Yeah, I hear you there. Moto cast was a necessity for me and Th3ory hooked me up with that add on he threw together.

Much respect to him for taking the time out for one guy!

K

kbatrph

followed all steps (used to have a Bionic, so am familiar with Th3oryRoms) i'm stuck on the the red M Dual Core Technology screen.....what do i do?

my reply to myself and to others that replied to my original post....i had used Clockwork....bricked the phone, paid $99.00 for Asurion to send me a new Razr....installed Safestrap, and then re-added this rom....everything is beautiful in RazrLand....thanks Th3ory and all!!! :biggrin:

akiles

Reaction score
I know the following is not 100% related to this thread but since this rom uses safe-strap, please bear with me -Admin, I apologize if this is in the wrong place.
  • Will removing su from superuser + uninstalling razrBootstrap remove the recovery? I'm asking because I don't want to try the safeStrap app while having CWMR installed in the phone.
While in non-safe mode:
  • Any backup I make would be made using the safe-strap, right? -IN this system, correct? The same can be said for the safe system (so a backup of ROM#2 would be made using safe-strap). Am I right?
  • These backups are stored in different locations and are are visible to each other while in the safe-strap recovery. Any attempt to restore the wrong backup in the wrong system/rom will send the phone to kingdom come. Correct?
Pardon my ignorance. This new "way" is... well, new for me. If we had the moto files, I'd just "shoot and flash back" should crap happen, but since there are none yet, I'm forced to bother people with questions. Thank you in advance, fellas.
  • PS: what do I do with the update.zip? Will this conflict with safe-strap?

Reaction score
I know the following is not 100% related to this thread but since this rom uses safe-strap, please bear with me -Admin, I apologize if this is in the wrong place.
  • Will removing su from superuser + uninstalling razrBootstrap remove the recovery? I'm asking because I don't want to try the safeStrap app while having CWMR installed in the phone.
While in non-safe mode:
  • Any backup I make would be made using the safe-strap, right? -IN this system, correct? The same can be said for the safe system (so a backup of ROM#2 would be made using safe-strap). Am I right?
  • These backups are stored in different locations and are are visible to each other while in the safe-strap recovery. Any attempt to restore the wrong backup in the wrong system/rom will send the phone to kingdom come. Correct?
Pardon my ignorance. This new "way" is... well, new for me. If we had the moto files, I'd just "shoot and flash back" should crap happen, but since there are none yet, I'm forced to bother people with questions. Thank you in advance, fellas.
  • PS: what do I do with the update.zip? Will this conflict with safe-strap?

Personally I just uninstalls bootstrap and installed safestrap and it all went smoothly so I can't answer the first question about removing su.

Yes, your backups will be done in safe strap but they aren't necessarily suited in different locations. When creating the backups, you can choose internal or external memory. Personally I choose external.

And yes, they are both visible when in restore mode but they are aptly named based on the system they were backed up with. Your backups clearly state whether it is a backup of the safe ROM or the non-safe.

If you make a mistake and try to restore your non-safe backup while you are in safe mode, you will likely get a black screen and not be able to boot up. (I tried it out of curiosity and this is what happened to me.) However, a hard reset of the phone automatically pots you back in safestrap so you can simply go back and restore the correct backup.

frankyvee

Reaction score
Th3ory Aewsome work dude!!! The ROM appears to be rock solid so far... Looking forward to some future development on this ROM..

akiles

Reaction score
Personally I just uninstalls bootstrap and installed safestrap and it all went smoothly so I can't answer the first question about removing su.

Yes, your backups will be done in safe strap but they aren't necessarily suited in different locations. When creating the backups, you can choose internal or external memory. Personally I choose external.

And yes, they are both visible when in restore mode but they are aptly named based on the system they were backed up with. Your backups clearly state whether it is a backup of the safe ROM or the non-safe.

If you make a mistake and try to restore your non-safe backup while you are in safe mode, you will likely get a black screen and not be able to boot up. (I tried it out of curiosity and this is what happened to me.) However, a hard reset of the phone automatically pots you back in safestrap so you can simply go back and restore the correct backup.

Thanks for the info, JK! I appreciate it.

Sent from my A500 using DroidForums

frankyvee

Reaction score
Anyone know how I can make the mute toggle slider on the lock-screen visible?
Currently it looks completely black with a black background and so I'm unable to see the slider ?
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Love the ROM sooo far.!!!

Reaction score
Anyone know how I can make the mute toggle slider on the lock-screen visible?
Currently it looks completely black with a black background and so I'm unable to see the slider ?
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Love the ROM sooo far.!!!

As far as I know you would have to download a widget locker for that. that is the only way I know how to easily customize the lock screen

frankyvee

Reaction score
As far as I know you would have to download a widget locker for that. that is the only way I know how to easily customize the lock screen

Update: I flashed the Theme called BigDxRazrICS-DeOxed Theme with the animated battery meter. This took care of the lockscreen for me. My Rzr looks awesome now and the animation this theme installed is pretty impressive.

Here is the link for the theme : http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/to...andwich-early/

Last edited: