[ROM] |RAZRX v1.0| |12/14/2011|

mugsy77

Reaction score
We are now taking a back seat to the NexusG development..... Maybe time to trade in the razr for an unlocked boot loader phone..:frown:

Unlocked or locked, droidth3ory will make the razr awesome.

I still have a DX with locked bootloader but it still rocks my socks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

frankyvee

Reaction score
Unlocked or locked, droidth3ory will make the razr awesome.

I still have a DX with locked bootloader but it still rocks my socks.

I hope so. I really want to stick with the razr because I held the NexusG and was not impressed with the materials (plastic) used to build it. It feels like it could break any minute.

jtsativa420

Reaction score
I hope so. I really want to stick with the razr because I held the NexusG and was not impressed with the materials (plastic) used to build it. It feels like it could break any minute.

I agree not to mention it's unusually low benchmark and sub par cameras. I'd have to see it use before I'd actually decide to make the switch.

Burbank

Reaction score
I love my RAZR running RAZRX 1.0. I still have around 20 days to return it if I want. Considered getting the Nexus but RAZR's better camera and build and SD Slot are critical. So I'm putting my faith in DroidTh3ory's future work on the RAZR.While I wait for a new RAZRX build, what's the best approach to the continued OTA update reminders. Do I just keep dismissing them?

frankyvee

Reaction score
I love my RAZR running RAZRX 1.0. I still have around 20 days to return it if I want. Considered getting the Nexus but RAZR's better camera and build and SD Slot are critical. So I'm putting my faith in DroidTh3ory's future work on the RAZR.While I wait for a new RAZRX build, what's the best approach to the continued OTA update reminders. Do I just keep dismissing them?

If you try to install it will simply fail and then it should stop nagging you about it. Or you can use Root Explorer then go under system/app folder - mount as RW - then rename the blur_updateVZW.apk to extension bak and it will stop getting the updates.

DroidXJoel

Reaction score
Been running Razrx since the day DT released and just went back to rooted stock waiting on a replacement and wow the battery difference is horrible. Stock rooted with mild web browsing I was at 30% battery in under 3 hours. Razrx I would've been at 70% worse case. Big props DT

frankyvee

Reaction score
Been running Razrx since the day DT released and just went back to rooted stock waiting on a replacement and wow the battery difference is horrible. Stock rooted with mild web browsing I was at 30% battery in under 3 hours. Razrx I would've been at 70% worse case. Big props DT

The de-bloating makes a big difference. Much less processes running in the background.. Waiting anxiously for a DroidTh3ory Rom with the new 748 OTA update baked in......
I installed the OTA on my my Non Safe side and I can tell the difference on the Camera and reading files of memory card is faster.

frankyvee

Reaction score
Not for battery life it doesnt

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Blue Tapatalk

You are correct, that was the reason I mentioned in my post "Waiting anxiously for a DroidTh3ory Rom with the new 748 OTA updates baked in."
All I'm seeing from Th3ory on twitter is about the NexusG .... No Razr love ....:unsure:

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am waiting too.....thought it was to drop a few nights ago

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Blue Tapatalk

armada10

Reaction score
I had read on another droid razr forum a few days ago he tweeted that he had bricked his phone when installing the revised version of his razx rom for the new ota.

Last edited:
K

kbatrph

As of right now... there is no solution. Find a "friendly" VZW store that has the FXZ to restore it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

my friendly Verizon store says they don't have a file that will restore it. Make sure before you brick your phone, you have Asurion insurance on it......that's the only way you'll get a working phone.