[ROM] |RAZRX v1.0| |12/14/2011|

omster

Reaction score
newbie question - do you need to be rooted to install safe-strap?

Last edited:

Burbank

Reaction score
newbie question - do you need to be rooted to install safe-strap?
Yes.But that's a good question. I just searched the Hash of Codes site and found no requirement that you must be rooted. But Safestrap is installing a special recovery so I'm quite sure I had to root before running Safestrap.To verify for yourself, you could run the Safestrap.apk on your Razr and see if it requests root. I think Safestrap is awesome!

frankyvee

Reaction score
Yes.But that's a good question. I just searched the Hash of Codes site and found no requirement that you must be rooted. But Safestrap is installing a special recovery so I'm quite sure I had to root before running Safestrap.To verify for yourself, you could run the Safestrap.apk on your Razr and see if it requests root. I think Safestrap is awesome!

YES it does require Root. To verify, I just checked my Superuser App and SafeStrap is in the list of allowed apps.

frankyvee

Reaction score
i don't have safe-strap, but i think that would not be necessary as each rom (system) would have it's own. maybe you'll need to clear it the first time after install.
that's the great thing about nerdslogic's test: he used the same phone thus eliminating the phone as a variable -no 2 phones are alike.

Sent from my A500 using DroidForums

Well yes you are using the same phone and same battery however the battery charge level and the different batstat.bin file are in a different state from the last time you left that system unless you fully charge and calibrate to clear the batstat.bin file.

mkemvp32

Reaction score
Locked Bootloader = Failed Development. Looks like the development for the Razr has come to a halt... The Razr has been shadowed by the Mighty Unlocked NexusG... Looking at the tweets it is all about the Nexus..... It appears the Nexus also has about a dozen custom ROMs available.
I can't freaking believe it. Since when do locked bootloaders stop any of the Devs?! They're gonna pass up the best device out there just cause they want to jump on the Gnex bandwagon? This is a flagrant oversight on an opportunity to develop for one hell of a phone just because of all the hype of a phone that was built like crap running an awesome OS. My confidence and faith in the Android Dev. Community is pretty much gone. I had an OG for more than two years and was looking forward to all the fantastic work from all the great Devs that supported that awesome device. How times have changed, and not for the better....

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
I can't freaking believe it. Since when do locked bootloaders stop any of the Devs?! They're gonna pass up the best device out there just cause they want to jump on the Gnex bandwagon? This is a flagrant oversight on an opportunity to develop for one hell of a phone just because of all the hype of a phone that was built like crap running an awesome OS. My confidence and faith in the Android Dev. Community is pretty much gone. I had an OG for more than two years and was looking forward to all the fantastic work from all the great Devs that supported that awesome device. How times have changed, and not for the better....

The reason the OG had so much support was because it had an unlocked bootloader. It was pretty obvious that all the dev's who worked on the OG were waiting for the GNex.

I'm not saying the Gnex is better, but I'm pretty certain that if the RZR shipped with and unlocked boot loader, it would probably be dominating in the dev community right now.

I have a GNex and the reason I came here is b/c I heard that the RZR got recovery. I was excited, but seems like things aren't going well now. I really like my GNex, but I was open to switching to the RZR, due to the better build, but dev support is my biggest priority since that is what kept my OG running for 2 years.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

jtsativa420

Reaction score

That doesn't mean it stopped. It may have slowed down, for now, but I have faith in DT. I doubt he will let us down.

sfierro

Reaction score
I was doing some twitter stalking and it looks like DT is getting his replacement RAZR from insurance tomorrow so we should see an update soon.

K

kbatrph

I was doing some twitter stalking and it looks like DT is getting his replacement RAZR from insurance tomorrow so we should see an update soon.

why does he need a replacement? he claims his phone WASN'T bricked...

akiles

Reaction score
Indeed -very good point. I stand corrected.
Well yes you are using the same phone and same battery however the battery charge level and the different batstat.bin file are in a different state from the last time you left that system unless you fully charge and calibrate to clear the batstat.bin file.

frankyvee

Reaction score
The reason the OG had so much support was because it had an unlocked bootloader. It was pretty obvious that all the dev's who worked on the OG were waiting for the GNex.

I'm not saying the Gnex is better, but I'm pretty certain that if the RZR shipped with and unlocked boot loader, it would probably be dominating in the dev community right now.

I have a GNex and the reason I came here is b/c I heard that the RZR got recovery. I was excited, but seems like things aren't going well now. I really like my GNex, but I was open to switching to the RZR, due to the better build, but dev support is my biggest priority since that is what kept my OG running for 2 years.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

I totally agree, I was on the Droid1 for 2 years also.
But the Razr development has just taken a 180 degree turn. REASON: The FAstBoot files for the Razr was leaked on 27 Dec. This will change the playing field since Devs and Users have a way to unbrick the Razr...

See details....on this exclusive article on this forum http://www.droidrzr.com

Last edited: