[ROM] |RAZRX v1.0| |12/14/2011|

Reaction score
i was actually honest with them, they couldn't do anything but offer to "warranty out" the phone, but he warned me that if they found ANYTHING out of spec, i would see a $600+ charge on my bill for the full retail price of the phone....it was also suggested to me that i contact Assurion (phone insurance) and deal with them....new phone is on its way, less $99 out of my checking account :frown:

Sounds like you got the old scare tactic. Verizon would not even take the time to look in the phone, they just package it up and return it. Then it would eventually go through a true hard reset or reflash or whatever and noone would ever know. Them claiming you could end up paying for the phone I'd like saying you could get pulled over for driving 1 mie over the limit and bee fined......sure technically but it will never happen.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

K

kbatrph

misinformation

last night you gave instructions on how to install this rom using both Clockwork and Safestrap....I see now it's only Safestrap and not to use Clockwork....hmmm, could've used THAT bit of information last night as I now have a $600+ paperweight that i had to pay $100 to replace.:mad:

OP
DroidTh3ory

DroidTh3ory

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.th3oryrom.com
last night you gave instructions on how to install this rom using both Clockwork and Safestrap....I see now it's only Safestrap and not to use Clockwork....hmmm, could've used THAT bit of information last night as I now have a $600+ paperweight that i had to pay $100 to replace.:mad:

Flash at your own risk. People don't want to follow instructions... That's why I took the option out. I see no reason to pull the ROM from people enjoying it because others have issues. You flash, you are taking a chance, simple as that.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

DroidXJoel

Reaction score
Flash at your own risk. People don't want to follow instructions... That's why I took the option out. I see no reason to pull the ROM from people enjoying it because others have issues. You flash, you are taking a chance, simple as that.

Amen!!

simon_lefisch

Reaction score

+1 no probs on my end here. Loving this rom :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

jtsativa420

Reaction score
DT: Wow you are fast!! Quick question, will this eventually have the powerboost script like the bionic roms?

OP
DroidTh3ory

DroidTh3ory

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.th3oryrom.com
DT: Wow you are fast!! Quick question, will this eventually have the powerboost script like the bionic roms?

Not likely. But PB is fully installable independent from the ROM. Just follow Brandon's Instructions in his Thread. :)

jtsativa420

Reaction score
Not likely. But PB is fully installable independent from the ROM. Just follow Brandon's Instructions in his Thread. :)

Thanks. I was about to install your rom and pb. I just didn't want to use his method just for you to release a diff way/version for your rom.

Chocula78

Reaction score
How does Smart Actions get along with this ROM? I'm assuming Smart Actions is in the blur/bloatware.apk because I had trouble finding it in the .zip file.

Those of you who flashed this ROM, what bugs are you seeing? What performance improvements are you seeing? What new settings do you like best?

I'm not quite ready to flash a new ROM, but damn it's tempting to have a more customizable interface.

akiles

Reaction score
The Developer did say he recommends the "use safe strap". That should have been enough.

Any deviations from the developer's instructions may cause problems and no one can't blame the developer. We do need to "own up" a little: after all, we are the ones hitting the "flash" button.

Not all is lost. Hopefully an SBF may appear soon. I hope you have a phone to fall back.

Try your local VZ store. They may have something to flash it back.

Good luck.

Reaction score
How does Smart Actions get along with this ROM? I'm assuming Smart Actions is in the blur/bloatware.apk because I had trouble finding it in the .zip file.

Those of you who flashed this ROM, what bugs are you seeing? What performance improvements are you seeing? What new settings do you like best?

I'm not quite ready to flash a new ROM, but damn it's tempting to have a more customizable interface.

Flashed the ROM and zero bugs or issues. Everything works perfectly. The debloated version was sleek and nice but I ended up flashing the addon and then just used ROM toolbox to uninstall the extra crap from Verizon.

I can't remember if smart actions was in the debloated or if it came in the addon.

simon_lefisch

Reaction score
Smart actions are included in the debloated version.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

jtsativa420

Reaction score
DT: One more question. You may have answered this before, but what is the point of wiping cache having previously done a factory reset? Isn't formatting cache one of the steps of the factory reset?

Edit: Installed and loving it. Zero bugs thus far!!

Also forums are for help and info not complaints/criticism. No matter how stable flashing roms/tweaking your phone is always a risk that YOU PERSONALLY ACCEPT!!

Flashing is like riding a bike no matter how experienced you are you can still fall.

So if anyone is that concerned with bricking their phone wait until there is an fxz, simple as that.

Last edited:

azdrifter

Reaction score
\

no...and neither does my "friendly" Verizon store or Motorola themselves....Verizon store said to use my insurance, pay the $100 deductible, get a new phone tomorrow, and don't be stupid and do things to the phone that are not supposed to be there....isn't that special?
At least they are nice enough to not cancel your warranty,..they did that to my nephew and he had to pay full price for his replacement phone ouch !!!

B-RAN

Reaction score
Hi there...

I have been flashing ROMs and things for about 2 years now but have never used safestrap before. I have a couple of questions for people that have used it.
1) Do I need to back up in non safe mod to my sd card before I do anything?
2) When switching to safe mode it seems that it automatically creates a backup, correct?
3) If for some reason in safe mode I get in a bootloop after flashing will I be able to enter in safestrap from the bootloop?

Thanks for the help!!!!