Razr Maxx HD vs. Galaxy s3

Reaction score
My contract recently expired on my Droid X, and I've been doing a ton of research on which phone to get next. I narrowed it down to two-Galaxy s3, and Razr Maxx. Eventually decided on s3 by a narrow margin. Well now, the HD Maxx is coming out soon-ish (rumored to be October sometime), and I'm not sure what to do.

Taking specs into consideration, what do you guys think?? I'd love some input.

Lcall

Reaction score
Guess we r thinking alike. I am in the same boat. Have been thinking about the razr max hd as well. I'll keep my eyes on this hopefully :happywe can both get the answer. :happy3:

huskur

Reaction score
Razr Maxx HD will be a formidable device. GS3 is also truly awesome in its own right. It's really a toss up. Personally, I like the bigger screen so the Samsung GS3 would win out. I am waiting for the Note 2 to arrive on Verizon and then I will use both the GS3 for weekends and the Note 2 for work. Since they both have micro Sims I can switch at will.

OP
SynysterBurns91
Reaction score
I'm glad I'm not the only one lol. I wish there was a clear winner...I hate when it comes down to preference, because sometimes I don't know what ill like until Ive had it a while.

Since I have experience with Motorola, I'd probably choose Maxx HD, but if theyre both equally good, I'd probably go with galaxy s3 since I don't have to wait for that. And its tried and true.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
santa_claus_hat.jpg

OP
SynysterBurns91
Reaction score
I'm totally ok with that. I think I've decided on the Maxx HD...I just wish I knew when its coming out. Especially since I don't know how much life my Droid X has left :) haha.

geoff5093

Reaction score
I hated the display of the original RAZR, I would wait for the RAZR MAXX HD.

OP
SynysterBurns91
Reaction score
But my issue is... will it be better than the screen on the Galaxy s3? I have no doubt it'll be better than the screen on the regular Razr Maxx :)

joshxdroid

Reaction score
SynysterBurns91 said:
I'm glad I'm not the only one lol. I wish there was a clear winner...I hate when it comes down to preference, because sometimes I don't know what ill like until Ive had it a while.

Since I have experience with Motorola, I'd probably choose Maxx HD, but if theyre both equally good, I'd probably go with galaxy s3 since I don't have to wait for that. And its tried and true.

If you go with the RAZR hd, and then decide you wished you had the s3 you could always sell your hd for more than enough to get an s3. If you get and s3 and sell it you'd end up paying more to get an hd

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you go with the RAZR hd, and then decide you wished you had the s3 you could always sell your hd for more than enough to get an s3. If you get and s3 and sell it you'd end up paying more to get an hd

or if in the first 14 days you decide you do not like one you can do an exchange for the other.

OP
SynysterBurns91
Reaction score
Very true. So what I'm hearing is that it would he smart to wait until the Maxx HD comes out to make any final decisions or buying a phone?

joshxdroid

Reaction score
SynysterBurns91 said:
Very true. So what I'm hearing is that it would he smart to wait until the Maxx HD comes out to make any final decisions or buying a phone?

That's what you are hearing in the RAZR forum. I'm sure hardcore samsung guys would say different. Mostly it comes down to personal taste. One isn't way better than the other and I'm sure they both have their strengths and weaknesses. One reason I've been a Motorola fan for so long is the quality. Lift a RAZR and then an s3, just the weight well tell you something. The Samsung feels like a toy to me. Also Motorola devices look better in my opinion a little more manly.

stillwaiting

Reaction score
same boat as the op my contract is up in December and upgrading from a D2G, I am really hoping there might be a new nexus device in the works before then... if not gonna its going to be a really hard decision.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That's what you are hearing in the RAZR forum. I'm sure hardcore samsung guys would say different. Mostly it comes down to personal taste. One isn't way better than the other and I'm sure they both have their strengths and weaknesses. One reason I've been a Motorola fan for so long is the quality. Lift a RAZR and then an s3, just the weight well tell you something. The Samsung feels like a toy to me. Also Motorola devices look better in my opinion a little more manly.

Correct on the choices thing. No one phone totally blows the other one out. Go moto u gain battery life and radio but lose in it being locked, not having as much ram and features as samsung and not as good cameras. Sammy have feature, ram but not going to have the best radios, battery life, or build quality as moto. Htc will have good radios, awesome camera, but i expect sense to still be heavy and battery life to not be as good.

No matter what way you go you are looking going to get a great phone. Just go with what you like don't worry about others.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2