What's better Galaxy S3 or upcoming RAZR Maxx HD?

xmguy

Reaction score
I've got a upgrade and am trying to decide between the upcoming RAZR Maxx HD for $299 or the already out Galaxy S3 for I think $199.

Which is better? I know the S3 has 2 GBs or Ram while the Maxx HD will only have 1. The Maxx HD also will have a 3300 battery where the S3 doesn't. Plus I have heard the radio in the S3 wasn't good and the Camera was better. So what do you all think? Thanks

Sent from my Motorola (Droid) Bionic.

rkersh409

Reaction score
Great question because I’m in the same boat. Don’t know if I want the S3 or Razr HD. My big concern is having to treat the S3 with kid gloves. I don’t drop my phones but I am pretty hard on them. I keep them in my pocket and it takes a lot of hits. From what I’m reading the S3 screen cracks pretty easy. Also I use my phone pretty heavily and the battery is a big factor.

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would go for the s3 for its large display but I would go for razr for future updates.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Without double checking actual screen size, I believe the Sg3 and Razr HD have the same size display. It is even possible that the HD display is bigger.

Moto is noted for excellent radios/reception whereas the sg3 camera is better than previous moto phone's cameras. Hard to know yet if the Razr HD has improved its camera.

Probably your best indicator for which phone you will like most will be when you go into the Verizon store and play with each of them. I think the quality of both phones are so good that how it feels in your hands will make your decision for you.

Edit: gs3 display is slightly bigger by 0.1"... gs3 is 4.8", Razr HD is 4.7"

Last edited:

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm just confused why anyone would even say that a moto phone would be updated further than a samsung phone lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
Because its newer. I'm saying that it has a better chance of going further than the s3 for future updates. Talk of the s4 is already out there. So why would Samsung try to update an old model if a new one is out. Same thing happened to the orginal s and s2

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
the s2 came out 6-7 months before the bionic and got ics ages ago and will get jellybean anyway now

the bionic can pray for jellybean but I won't be with it lol

Wopback

Reaction score
Check out some reviews on the hd maxx (phonedog, phonearena, pocketnow, etc.), if you can't wait for it to come out. See what ya think.

The phone should have been released already. I think (just my opinion) people are going to be disappointed in comparison to the S3. Big battery and better screen from the hd. But the Sw features on the S3 will blow this phone out...

I was in the same boat for a month. Did my research and chose S3 (was a moto loyalist). I'm cheating on Moto, but it feels so good!!!!

Maxx should be out the 10/18

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
stop assuming lol I put ics on my friends s2 because he's useless with phones and its quick as hell... if that was on Verizon I would've got it since the processor is a bit quicker and the rest is similar

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
sweeeeet said:
stop assuming lol I put ics on my friends s2 because he's useless with phones and its quick as hell... if that was on Verizon I would've got it since the processor is a bit quicker and the rest is similar

I understand lol

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Check out some reviews on the hd maxx (phonedog, phonearena, pocketnow, etc.), if you can't wait for it to come out. See what ya think.

The phone should have been released already. I think (just my opinion) people are going to be disappointed in comparison to the S3. Big battery and better screen from the hd. But the Sw features on the S3 will blow this phone out...

I was in the same boat for a month. Did my research and chose S3 (was a moto loyalist). I'm cheating on Moto, but it feels so good!!!!

Maxx should be out the 10/18

time for me to cheat too lol

Wopback

Reaction score
sweeeeet said:
time for me to cheat too lol

Lol!! Cheater!!!

Only thing I miss is the moto build. But then again I always put a screen protector and cover on my phone.