razr maxx hd or gs3

spideyx24

Reaction score
I have an upgrade and I have been on my droid x for a long time. I am not sure what phone I should get. Someone give me advice. I can't tell what I should get between the galaxy s3 or the razr maxx hd. Or suggest another phone. Idk. Please help. Thank you.

OP
S

spideyx24

Reaction score
Oh and I like rooting and rom switching. Idk if that helps decide between phones.

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
Tried the S3 for 2 weeks. Hated it. It was way too big and too slow. It wasn't a good experience. Battery life was horrendous. 2 weeks into it I dropped it from the back of a bumper because it wouldn't fit in my pocket.

I switch to the Maxx HD and love it! It's an outstanding phone, fast, and works well.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I have an upgrade and I have been on my droid x for a long time. I am not sure what phone I should get. Someone give me advice. I can't tell what I should get between the galaxy s3 or the razr maxx hd. Or suggest another phone. Idk. Please help. Thank you.
I don't have an S3, I have a RazMaxx. My son and my sister in-law have an S3 and are always complaining of static on phone calls, dropped calls and horrible battery life, in comparison to my Maxx. When it comes to build quality, radio an antenna configuration and reliability you can't beat Motorola. The Maxx HD is a new phone, there will be plenty of ROMs available given a little time for the Dev's to develop them.

turbodave

Reaction score
My best friend has an S3, and I'm using my recently acquired MAXX HD. I've used his phone. Sure the display is nice enough, but most calls are lower in quality/sound, and the biggy..... His battery life sucks. He has to charge his S3 every single night. I charge my MAXX HD once every 3rd night.

OP
S

spideyx24

Reaction score
Do you guys enjoy the soft keys on the screen? That seems to bother me a bit. Idk.

jber8103

Reaction score
I love the soft keys on the screen! I wore out my soft keys on the x2, so, less to repair I think!

jamjr74

Reaction score
I've had a RAZR maxx and now have the s3. IMO the s3 is superior in every way except battery life of course. S3 has a decent battery too though. I get 12-18 hours of heavy use.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

MacLeod

Reaction score
I looked at both when I was shopping for my upgrade and I liked the Maxx HD better. Better battery, better CPU, better radio and better build quality. The camera on the GS3 is light years ahead of the Maxx tho but that's the only real drawback along with a slightly smaller screen but the Maxx still comes out on top IMO.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2.

turbodave

Reaction score
I've had a RAZR maxx and now have the s3. IMO the s3 is superior in every way except battery life of course. S3 has a decent battery too though. I get 12-18 hours of heavy use.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Not exactly the comparison the OP was asking for. He wanted to know the pros and cons of the S3 vs. the RAZR MAXX HD, NOT the RAZR MAXX. And no, they're not the same phone.

MacLeod

Reaction score
Yup. The HD has a better and faster processor and better screen. It's a much better phone. It was my 2nd choice behind my beloved Note 2.

jamjr74

Reaction score
Not exactly the comparison the OP was asking for. He wanted to know the pros and cons of the S3 vs. the RAZR MAXX HD, NOT the RAZR MAXX. And no, they're not the same phone.

Yes I know they are not the same phone but they are very similar! Hd has better screen and processor I know but still similar. HD Maxx is a great phone no doubt but just stating my opinion. Maxx has better build quality and is a more solid device however it is heavier which is a pro or con depending on the user. S3 has bigger screen and 2gb or ram vs the 1gb of ram on the HD. Both have expandable memory sd slots (up to 32gb for Maxx and 64gb for s3). S3 has the better camera hands down. Both phone have a 1.5 ghz dual core processor. You can't go wrong with either phone!!!! Go to the store and get the feel for them, whatever one suits your style better is the way to go!!!

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yup. The HD has a better and faster processor and better screen. It's a much better phone. It was my 2nd choice behind my beloved Note 2.

The S3 and Maxx HD have the same S4 processor and adreno 225 GPU. The GS3 has twice the RAM, so you could argue it has better internals overall.

The screen on the Maxx HD definitely gets brighter and dimmer - has a wider range. With regard to it being "better", well that's subjective - the colors tend to look a little different on each.

MacLeod

Reaction score
The S3 and Maxx HD have the same S4 processor and adreno 225 GPU. The GS3 has twice the RAM, so you could argue it has better internals overall.

The screen on the Maxx HD definitely gets brighter and dimmer - has a wider range. With regard to it being "better", well that's subjective - the colors tend to look a little different on each.

Really? I thought the GS3 had the same CPU as the OG Maxx. I knew the GS3 has 1GB more RAM which is very important especially as websites and apps get more demanding but I thought it had a slower clocked previous generation proc as opposed to the 1.5 GHz newer chip in the Moto. I did a quick Google (I'm at work) but all that ever pops up is the quad core versions for some reason. I know the OG Maxx has the older proc so maybe I'm just getting the two mixed up.