Razr Maxx HD vs. Galaxy s3

OP
SynysterBurns91
Reaction score
That's a great way to look at it :) You did bring up one thing that's been eating at me a bit...and that's the issue of RAM. Given the fact that the phones run differently, do you think that lack of a second gig of RAM will play a big role in how fast the phones will be?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=223857

I touched on it there. But it depends how you use your phone and what you are using it for. Plus touchwiz is much heavier ui than blur. For people who use their phone for calls, text, vids then a gig of ram will be enough. Those who want to play graphic intensive games having that extra gig makes the experience better. Specs wise the note 2 is arguably the best phone on the market.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

music life

Reaction score
Moto makes quality? Clearing you all have not owned an X2...

Im in the same boat as you guys. But the X2 almost has me thinking I will never own another moto device. Optimus G looked pretty cool. Maybe incredible X if I don't pull the trigger on an S3 this week.

joshxdroid

Reaction score
music life said:
Moto makes quality? Clearing you all have not owned an X2...

Im in the same boat as you guys. But the X2 almost has me thinking I will never own another moto device. Optimus G looked pretty cool. Maybe incredible X if I don't pull the trigger on an S3 this week.

I know that some x2's had their problems, but my wife has had an x2 and it's been a great device. I've talked to people before that have had a bad phone experience and it really gives the brand a bad name in their mind. I can understand, when people sign a contract and get a certain phone, then later they have some problems, and yet they feel trapped with this bad device. It sucks. I have been very fortunate, that since i got into smart phones i have had very little problems.

Last edited:

droidshot®

Reaction score
I bought the RAZR on launch day and three RAZR's and a new sim card later I have more dropped data problems than any phone I've ever owned. I'm definitely buying the Note II off contract when it comes to Verizon.

brucebanner77

Reaction score
I came to this forum just for threads like this. I have a friend in the market for a new phone. I have a S3 and I love it, I came from an dx2 (rooted/stock) and I loved it also. The only complaint I have about my S3 the radio is not as strong as the dx2. I live in rural e. Tx and work in the oilfields were signal gets weak and I can say, in areas with almost no signal, my dx2 pulled at least a bar, not my gs3. The gs3 is lighting fast, and has a gorgeous screen. I can multi-task on this thing like never before. I even went to Big Red cause I was thinking of getting the razr maxx HD cuz I know moto has a better radio. But once I saw it, I remembered I'm not a Blur fan, (I prefer touchwiz ) and my screen is a wide as the phone itself. Like many have said, this coming quarter there are some Hawt phones on the market and it all boils down to personal preference.

Samsung Galaxy S3
Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Moto Razr Maxx HD
Moto Razr M
HTC One X
LG Optimus G
IPhone 5

Choose wisely my friends :)

Tippy Tappin on Tapatalk with Sammy's S3

huskur

Reaction score
I came to this forum just for threads like this. I have a friend in the market for a new phone. I have a S3 and I love it, I came from an dx2 (rooted/stock) and I loved it also. The only complaint I have about my S3 the radio is not as strong as the dx2. I live in rural e. Tx and work in the oilfields were signal gets weak and I can say, in areas with almost no signal, my dx2 pulled at least a bar, not my gs3. The gs3 is lighting fast, and has a gorgeous screen. I can multi-task on this thing like never before. I even went to Big Red cause I was thinking of getting the razr maxx HD cuz I know moto has a better radio. But once I saw it, I remembered I'm not a Blur fan, (I prefer touchwiz ) and my screen is a wide as the phone itself. Like many have said, this coming quarter there are some Hawt phones on the market and it all boils down to personal preference.

Samsung Galaxy S3
Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Moto Razr Maxx HD
Moto Razr M
HTC One X
LG Optimus G
IPhone 5

Choose wisely my friends :)

My GS3 grabs signal better than any my previous Moto's (D1, DX, Razr Maxx)
Have you upgraded to the new radio? You should have it with the update that was pushed. Go to settings-about device-software update

Your baseband (radio) should be I535VRLG7 (that is the newest one)

joshxdroid

Reaction score
The thing i like about this debate is that there really is no clear winner. They all have strengths and weaknesses. And with a whole hoard of really great phones, manufacturers are going to have to work that much harder to stay competitive. that means we have even better things to come! The only downside is whatever you choose, I'm sure 3 months later there will be something new shiny and exciting getting our attention

brucebanner77

Reaction score
My GS3 grabs signal better than any my previous Moto's (D1, DX, Razr Maxx)
Have you upgraded to the new radio? You should have it with the update that was pushed. Go to settings-about device-software update

Your baseband (radio) should be I535VRLG7 (that is the newest one)

No I haven't I received the notification about 3 days ago but haven't taken lol. I'll do it today cuz that was my concern, was the radio update in it. If it wasn't it was of no use to me, didn't care about the remote diagnostic stuff, etc.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
id take an s3.. good luck

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

brucebanner77

Reaction score
The thing i like about this debate is that there really is no clear winner. They all have strengths and weaknesses. And with a whole hoard of really great phones, manufacturers are going to have to work that much harder to stay competitive. that means we have even better things to come! The only downside is whatever you choose, I'm sure 3 months later there will be something new shiny and exciting getting our attention

Yeah if apple doesn't keep running around sueing ppl for stupid stuff like "rounded corners" I'm mean really? That's like Firestone suing Mitchellin cuz they have white walls also, smdh

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah if apple doesn't keep running around sueing ppl for stupid stuff like "rounded corners" I'm mean really? That's like Firestone suing Mitchellin cuz they have white walls also, smdh

I don't care about who sues who just like I don't care about replacement refs lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk