Compare Razr Maxx with Razr Maxx HD?

AirJunky

Reaction score
I have a chance to upgrade from the Razr Maxx to a Razr Maxx HD for not much out of pocket. Just wondering what all I would gain in the upgrade.

HDMI video output is 1080p versus 720p.
Jelly Bean OS vs ICS.

Anything else?

Thanks!

mark7step

Reaction score
I had the maxx and my wife got the maxx HD we switched. HD doesn't come with jelly bean, both will get jb. I would get the HD you can sell you maxx easily.

dan.dar

Reaction score
Slightly faster processor, slightly bigger screen, slightly better battery life (when using lots of LTE data). It really is an evolutionary upgrade. Lots of things that are slightly better but nothing that you would consider a game changer.

gripstock

Reaction score
Slightly faster processor, slightly bigger screen, slightly better battery life (when using lots of LTE data). It really is an evolutionary upgrade. Lots of things that are slightly better but nothing that you would consider a game changer.

If you log into My Verizon there is a way to compare the two phones side by side.
There are several differences.

geoff5093

Reaction score
The MAXX HD still only has ICS, both the original MAXX and new MAXX HD are scheduled to receive Jelly Bean.

bohemouth

Reaction score
Is there a BIG difference between Maxx HD and regular Maxx?

Hey-yo,
I'm brand spanking new to this forum. nice place you got here. I wasn't sure which place to post this, on the Maxx thread or on the Maxx HD thread. I chose this one. I have the Maxx and i like it, a little glitchy at time, which is disapointing. My battery life is not blowing out of the water, my old X lasted just as long.

So my question is, Amazon is selling MAXX HD for 150.00 i'm just wondering if i should ditch the regular Maxx for the HD one, what is the real difference besides the HD?

anyone anyone?

thanks!

Reaction score
Looking at both specs of the phones, the biggest difference is the processor. The Razr Maxx has the 1.2 GHz dual core, while the Razr Maxx HD has the top of the line 1.5 GHz dual core processor. The HD does have Near Field Communication and will be upgraded to the newest software Jelly Bean (4.1) by January of next year. Camera front and back is the same, battery life is the same, design is relatively the same too.

It's up to you if the processing speed and software updates are big for you:happy3:

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Not so sure if you should make the leap. The Maxx HD is definitely the better phone...better processor, display, utilizes resources better, etc. Both phones will be getting JB. Despite the differences, I am not sure if the differences are big enough for $150??

This is coming from someone who preferred the Razr M over the og Maxx...but I won the M for free and the size of the M is what I like most (display and true ICS ui also). I wouldn't have made the trade though if it wasn't for free.

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
I bought the Maxx HD after having my Maxx since launch day. I got it yesterday. It's all metal and feels better, but really I haven't found a lot of difference between the two. I plan on making a video to demonstrate the physical differences. The UI is different and you have the new Circle widget which is cool. Also it has a quick settings to the left and the ability to add and remove the extra screens. Also, there's a favorites for your apps allowing you to only view the apps you use, instead of all of the apps. I love that addition. Obviously I haven't had it long enough to see any differences in battery life. My Maxx would last about 10-12 hours with the hotspot active and heavy use. As long as the new one can last that long I'll be happy. To be honest, I really haven't been able to tell a difference in screens.

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
I switched, but not sure it was worth the money. There's no big difference in size, but I do really love the Maxx HD. If my wife had a say, I wouldn't have been able to switch, but she dropped her Bionic and broke the screen, so I gave her my Maxx and upgraded :) The Maxx HD is all metal with the Kevlar back covering, which gives it a higher quality feeling verses the Maxx. I plan on making a video this week showing the physical differences.

As for the screens, I haven't really been able to tell the difference in quality, but I was happy with my OG Maxx.

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
Well, I posted a quick review of the differences in physical appearance between the two.

[video=youtube;mhe3PXO8z1w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhe3PXO8z1w&feature=share&list=UUXTCEozMTtu64VGX4IB5BdA[/video]

Also took some quick pictures of the Maxx HD Limited Edition tonight. I'm sure you've all seen it at other places, but here's mine.

DSC00025.jpg

DSC00023.jpg

Sorry. The rest are pretty blurry. My camera is only a 2MP:

DSC00024.jpg

DSC00026.jpg

DSC00027.jpg

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I DO like that red/black Kevlar back! :biggrin: I want one, but can't afford the move financially right now. Maybe I'll get lucky with an off eBay purchase sometime in the coming year.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Folks, I've merged two threads with the same questions and duplicate content. This should keep things less confusing.