Ram

rage151

Reaction score
i was pretty set on getting a bionic back when we though it had 1 gb. even if it is 'better' ram, i still would feel better having 1 gb considering how quickly phones get outdated these days.

what do you mean 'better'?

and i'd also much rather have the atrix than the bionic on verizon.

it's more than 20% thinner, has a (imo) better screen size at 4" and therefore a higher pixel density and battery life, twice as much ram, webtop, the entertainment dock, etc.. plus, it's going to be available sooner.

screw you verizon :icon_evil:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/motorola-droid-bionic/113574-ram.html#post1176879

1st page of this thread. Just rumor that RAM in the Bionic is different than what is typically used.

Yes, I also feel that the Atrix is better...the network is not.

fichdak

Reaction score
i was pretty set on getting a bionic back when we though it had 1 gb. even if it is 'better' ram, i still would feel better having 1 gb considering how quickly phones get outdated these days.

what do you mean 'better'?

and i'd also much rather have the atrix than the bionic on verizon.

it's more than 20% thinner, has a (imo) better screen size at 4" and therefore a higher pixel density and battery life, twice as much ram, webtop, the entertainment dock, etc.. plus, it's going to be available sooner.

screw you verizon :icon_evil:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/motorola-droid-bionic/113574-ram.html#post1176879

1st page of this thread. Just rumor that RAM in the Bionic is different than what is typically used.

Yes, I also feel that the Atrix is better...the network is not.

I do believe that the Atrix also used DDR2. I might be wrong about that but I think I remember hearing that from a moto rep or something in an engadget video.

And yeah, AT&T blows lol. I saw 2 video speed tests from the Atrix and the Bionic via the speedtest.net app. Both of these had so-called "4g" but the Bionic got over 10,000kbps down and like 3800 up and the Atrix (on '4g'/HSDPA+) got 500 down and 600 up :rofl2:

Reaction score
512mb of DDR2 in the bionic will be just as fast if not faster then the 1gb of SDram in the bionic.

droidjunkie

Reaction score
512mb of DDR2 in the bionic will be just as fast if not faster then the 1gb of SDram in the bionic.

Monsterenergy you are exactly correct! Folks are really showing their ignorance about this. They look only at numbers and erroneously conclude that the smaller the number means less. WRONG.

***PLEASE READ BELOW***
Although the Bionic has 512 mb of RAM, its DDR2 RAM not SDRAM. This essentially means that while its just half the RAM of the AT&T Atrix, the RAM has twice the speed and twice the performance. DDR2 RAM is the same speed thats in your "computer" versus the RAM found in phones.

Motorola and Verizon going for superior performance and they have pulled it off.

altimax98

Reaction score
Exactly... The ddr2 its what you want here.. Now is there any proof that the atrix only has sdram?...

If thats the case then ddr2 is where its at.. Its like having two toll booths and only one entrance to the subway.. Even if the subway train was twice the size of a normal train you can still only load the train at X per minute..

But now think of the bionic as having two toll booths and two entrances to the train.. even though the train is half the size you can load (and unload) at twice the rate..

Sent from one of those missing Droids

thorton02

Reaction score
Exactly... The ddr2 its what you want here.. Now is there any proof that the atrix only has sdram?...

If thats the case then ddr2 is where its at.. Its like having two toll booths and only one entrance to the subway.. Even if the subway train was twice the size of a normal train you can still only load the train at X per minute..

But now think of the bionic as having two toll booths and two entrances to the train.. even though the train is half the size you can load (and unload) at twice the rate..

I just assumed the Atrix was DDR2. How can you justify having a dualcore processor coupled with slow memory. You're just going to bottleneck. If this is the case, everyone should agree that the Bionic is better.

Frankly, I think this is almost as important as the cpu but there's very little coverage about it.

altimax98

Reaction score

I just assumed the Atrix was DDR2. How can you justify having a dualcore processor coupled with slow memory. You're just going to bottleneck. If this is the case, everyone should agree that the Bionic is better.

Frankly, I think this is almost as important as the cpu but there's very little coverage about it.

Well if it still only has sdram, then the main reason is customer 'misinformation', people think that bigger is better, but thats not always the case. Cost is also a concern... 1 gig of ddr2 would be much more expensive then 1 gig of sdram.

mikron

Reaction score
its just like motorola to throw us all off the bionic only 512mb and astrix has 1gig also i have confirmed from motorola that the bionic does not have fm radio and the astrix does have fm radio

altimax98

Reaction score
its just like motorola to throw us all off the bionic only 512mb and astrix has 1gig also i have confirmed from motorola that the bionic does not have fm radio and the astrix does have fm radio

Its all a give and take... I made a post just after the announcement about this issue. The bionic had advantages over the atrix and vice versa... I love the bionic, bigger screen size, camera, faster ram....
Its all stuff I want.

Meowmix

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Thunderbolt is DDR2 ram as well?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

lizard

Reaction score
Its like tryin to tell the difference between a big ole good one, and good ole big one!

Sent from my Squidlied Droid2 using Droid Forums app.....

berfles

Reaction score
Everything I've heard points to the Atrix having DDR2 as well, where are you guys getting this concrete SDRAM info from?

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
So even the Blackberry Dakota has 768mb of ram. Wow... Sure this may be faster, but it doesn't really matter how fast it is if you don't have enough. I'm going to see how the reviews say it is.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea I been seeing sites say the Atrix has DDR2 also. Anandtech says it does. Anandtech usually has his facts together.