bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's odd that the this so called Bionic looks nearly identical to the Droid 3 but with a 4g logo on it. That pic of the Bionic looks like it has a sliding keyboard too.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's odd that the this so called Bionic looks nearly identical to the Droid 3 but with a 4g logo on it. That pic of the Bionic looks like it has a sliding keyboard too.

I'm pretty sure who ever took the pictures would have opened it if it had the keyboard. Also note from the Droid 3 tutorial videos that the backs are different. Also the front facing camera on the Bionic is on the left facing side while the Droid 3 has it on the right side. It's not a Droid 3 but it's appearance is similar and personally, I like it.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes you are right maybe they are not identical.

On a side note, why is Moto the only one investing time in making a 4g dual core phone for Verizon. We can't we have an Evo 3d, or HTC Sensation on Verizon? How about a Samsung with better specs.:icon_evil: Matter of fact the only dual core 3g phone on VZW is a Moto. It seems like Verizon is always behind the phone game. Thanks i-Fail.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL

On a side note, why is Moto the only one investing time in making a 4g dual core phone for Verizon. We can't we have an Evo 3d, or HTC Sensation on Verizon? How about a Samsung with better specs.:icon_evil: Matter of fact the only dual core 3g phone on VZW is a Moto. It seems like Verizon is always behind the phone game. Thanks i-Fail.

How do you know that Motorola is the only company developing a dual core LTE phone for Verizon? Everyone doesn't announce everything that they're doing.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score

How do you know that Motorola is the only company developing a dual core LTE phone for Verizon? Everyone doesn't announce everything that they're doing.

Yea other manufacturers may be keeping thing under wraps, but we did know about the Charge, TB, Revo and Bionic back in January. It seems like there would be a leak somewhere. It also seems like the SGS2 is low on VZWs priority list. It seems like they favor Moto (cuz of locked bootloader?)

The Bionic looks like a decent phone, and it may not even need root. Its just frustrating that we are stuck waiting for new tech while other carriers already have new tech with faster than 3g speeds. It has always been like this with VZW for the 10 years that I have been a customer. I would leave VZW but they have the best coverage in my area. Give us some choices VZW.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think they got it wrong with he 4.5" thing. That is a defy that it is next to not an Atrix. I believe the defy has a 3.7" screen. I could be wrong but when I use that as a base for a size comparison it still looks like a 4.3" screen, not a 4.5".

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oh ok, well I like large screens anyways. 4.5 would be cool still, but a 4.3 would be better.

Reaction score
4.5 will be nice to stream netflix on... forget a kickstand....that thing needs some support columns = )