Solved Honor 7 RAM problem

Kwikli

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Honor 7
Hello, I have a problem with ram on my phone. About a week ago, my phone started to slow down. Right now my phone is really slow compared to what it was before... My ram has been really full lately.
IMG_20180121_010855.png
(I use Clean Master) That's my ram after I cleared it. Before when I cleaned it, it went down to half the bar or lower. Now it won't go any lower than that...
IMG_20180121_010927.png
There's my ram before clearing. It rarely went that high before, but now it's like that everytime I open an app. After few minutes of using an app, it gets reeeally slow and I have to close it.
I don't understand what's causing this! I've checked for apps that could be using my ram but no, no app seems to be doing it. About a week ago I deleted A LOT of stuff. Photos, apps, audio files.. My phone hasn't been this empty in a looong time. But my memory is fuller than before??

Please help, this is so annoying. Everything is so slow.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
like computers, phones sometimes uses virtual memory. if the temporary storage space is full, it can cause problems. one thing you can do that may help is to clear your cache partition.

try
1. Turn off your phone.
2. Press the Power button + Volume up button at the same time until you see the menu with different options including something about wiping cache partition.
3. wipe cache partition.
4. once finished, restart the phone.

OP
K

Kwikli

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Honor 7
like computers, phones sometimes uses virtual memory. if the temporary storage space is full, it can cause problems. one thing you can do that may help is to clear your cache partition.

try
1. Turn off your phone.
2. Press the Power button + Volume up button at the same time until you see the menu with different options including something about wiping cache partition.
3. wipe cache partition.
4. once finished, restart the phone.
When I press the power button and volume up at the same time, it starts recording my screen. As in, taking a video of my screen.

OP
K

Kwikli

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Honor 7
did you turn off the phone first?
Yes, but it didn't do anything when it was turned off... and I ended up restarting my phone which seems to have fixed the problem.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
It might be the Clean Master app making it worse. There are thousands of posts on all kinds of Android forums all over the world stating that any kind of "battery saver" / "ram manager" / "app killer" type of app does more harm than good with Android. Android is not like Microsoft Windows. Just a thought.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Bayucs83

Reaction score
Hmm, seems there are a lot of Bloating apps inside there. To be honest, Clean Master also use high amount of memory, so delete what isn't needed there.

Sent from my Andromax I56D2G using Tapatalk