Ram

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I'm not really sure why people thought that it would be any different.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Raptor007

Reaction score
Speculation on how the memory will benefit or detract from the bionic is just that, speculation. I feel Moto would have put 1GB into the Bionic IF, it needed it, but the Atrix running in dual mode will need it. I have no doubt ATT will sell a lot of them to users never intending to use the dual OS functionality and they will have the extra RAM, but so what I bet they will not find themselves actually touching beyond 512MB so the joke will be on them.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Except that the price of the phones will probably be the same so.... what joke?

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
^lol.....that is true. Ahh, ppl just mad the Atrix's not coming to Verizon. And that the Bionic has less Ram. Thats all.

Remember ppl, pick the carrier first, phone 2nd.

Carrier first, phone 2nd.

AT&T is not a fit for me. Sprint might be but I do like Motorola phones. I might have to decide between Verizon and Sprint soon. Thats why I hate moving. Now I only have one cable service to choose from and now Verizon's coverage isnt so good here. Oh well.

BlackOtaku

Reaction score
Except that the price of the phones will probably be the same so.... what joke?

Unused RAM, is wasted RAM.

That being said, I honestly don't care either way. 512 MB is plenty of RAM. At the point when it is no longer enough RAM, I will have a new phone. Smartphone technology isn't plateauing any time soon, I don't see the need to future-proof past the point when I can upgrade to a new phone.

Yes, I am a consumer prostitute. :p

Pacidermiz X

Reaction score
Exactly... The ddr2 its what you want here.. Now is there any proof that the atrix only has sdram?...

If thats the case then ddr2 is where its at.. Its like having two toll booths and only one entrance to the subway.. Even if the subway train was twice the size of a normal train you can still only load the train at X per minute..

But now think of the bionic as having two toll booths and two entrances to the train.. even though the train is half the size you can load (and unload) at twice the rate..

Sent from one of those missing Droids

Great analogy and this DeVry grad and total geek completely agrees. DDR2 wins over the standard memory. If the DDR2 spec/rumor is true... then that's one more clue that the proc is a Tegra2 by NVIDIA, there are rumors the "two 1 GHz procs" are some other proc, maybe a Motorola custom built. The Tegra is the most alureing feature of the new phones, if any of yall have a taste for it, Maximum PC made a great whitepaper on the Tegra2 vs other mobile platforms. Sorry I have the paper print, I haven't looked for it online.

chrstdvd

Reaction score
I might be all wrong, but I seem to remember that the Atrix only has half the 1 gig dedicated to the phone as stand alone and the other half is exclusively to run the doc. Therefore, both phones in ur hands only have 500mg RAM available and the Atrix on the Doc only has 500mg when in the doc. The put sdram in because the cost of ddr2 ram would have made the cost of the Atrix way high.

That is what I remember, before I got the hots for the thunderbolt which is becoming as elusive as the Storm 3.

yurdle

Reaction score
I might be all wrong, but I seem to remember that the Atrix only has half the 1 gig dedicated to the phone as stand alone and the other half is exclusively to run the doc. Therefore, both phones in ur hands only have 500mg RAM available and the Atrix on the Doc only has 500mg when in the doc. The put sdram in because the cost of ddr2 ram would have made the cost of the Atrix way high.

That is what I remember, before I got the hots for the thunderbolt which is becoming as elusive as the Storm 3.

I want 500mg RAM :-(
And a doc

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App