[Question] Who Should Make the Next Nexus?

OP
BenLand150

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
HTC for me. Unlocked bootloaders, solid build, and best feel in the hand. Moto phones feel like you're holding a sharp piece of metal. Samsung feels like paper thin plastic. HTC uses great soft touch materials and rounded backs.

Sent from my ERIS using DroidForums

I'll agree the RAZR feels really sharp and uncomfortable to hold.. but I don't know about the rest. The Droid-Droid 3 all felt great to me. Haven't really held the 4 or Bionic much though.

I will say HTC does have great build quality as well though. They'd be my second choice for sure after seeing the Rezound.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I had no idea there were so many people who didn't like LG:D

I'm one for giving companies a chance, but I gave them many chances and all they did was disappoint. So based of personal experience, for the love of Android please don't let it be LG. Now Sony....would definitely be interesting to see that.

x25064

Reaction score
Motorola hands down. I loved my gnex but samsungs shoddy radios killed it for me. Couldn't be happier with my razr. I agree with the op, no blur and a better screen (none of this qhd crap) and moto could make something amazing.

Oh and not HTC if for one reason only.. NO crapdragon processors.

goosedeath

Reaction score
I want moto to make the radios and Samsung or HTC for the display at minimum.
I know I know, I'm picking and choosing and that'll never happen.

Sent from my liquefied Galactic Unicorn!

B_BODY_1

Reaction score
100% Motorola
Samsung has been a huge issue for me... My wife had 4 Moments and 3 Transforms none of them ever wanted to work right. Then I had 2 of the Galaxy S2 and holly nightmare of a phone. 7 phones in about 2 years never again. Thats not even talking about other people I know that have/had issues with there Samsung phones. I had a Photon for about a year and it was flawless beside Sprints useless data. I can go into detail about the issues if anyone is interested? I'm not trying to bash Samsung but I have been burned to the point when I hear that name I feel like its flawed.. One good note is, my son has a Replenish and it works great. It only has a few normal issues that any smartphone can and will have. My buddy just got a Nexus and the battery goes dead very fast and won't charge from the low output chargers. btw the Galaxy s2 had pretty good battery life.
So I sold my Galaxy s2 on ebay and switched to verizon and got a razr maxx and everything just works...

wolfman4u

Reaction score
How about a dark horse outta nowhere, Panasonic or Sony?!

I was thinking the same thing, but for me getting away from samsung would be tough. For some reason samsung always scores points in all areas, so just to see how dedicated we are to Google the dark Horse might be a fun change.. Sure would make for interesting discussions.

77Pat

Reaction score
Motorola- Best radios, Good reception, Good battery life.

My first phone was the e815 (only replaced because the antenna broke when dropped)->w385->droid x
So far the X has had a few issues, but nothing that makes it unuseable.

I believe LG could be decent if given a chance
For a while their phones were towards the top

VX-7000/8000 series->LG Env->LG Dare-> LG Ally (original reviews were saying they raised the bar for entry level android phones)

The other devices I could see being good phones are actually media players, like the Cowon D3 or Sony X series (now the Z series, I guess). Would really like to see Motorola and Cowon team up, each handling what they are best at. Most other manufacturers are strong on the Media Side (Apple-iPod/iTunes, Microsoft-Zune, HTC-Beats, Samsung-screens)

Last edited:

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Honestly, I'd say HTC is the sleeper here. They really made the most solid device this year with the Rezound, despite my personal feelings about how much I love the current Nexus.

The Rezound had great radios, an amazing feel in hand and an incredible screen. The Razr did not feel good in hand, awkward design and the screen doesn't compare to the Rezound or the Nexus.

So I say HTC gets another crack at the Nexus, even though I think Samsung did one hell of a job and I wouldn't take any other current phone over it right now.

Is that to say Moto couldn't do an awesome job with a Nexus device? Of course not, but their current line of products doesn't make me feel good about putting the next Nexus in their hands.

hayjude99

Reaction score
I really wouldn't mind who made it as long as the hardware was top notch i dislike soft speakers and horrid gps i am gonna throw a curveball and say asus makes it

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent ICS Blue

I know this is out there but I would so totally buy an Asus nexus. They actually seem fit to do it. I think the people who care about nedus phones tend to be a bit more techy and Asus is a very well known tech company... they are the king of motherboards after all.

Stormy Knight

Reaction score
I have to say Samsung. Went from the OG Droid to the Galaxy Nexus and couldn't be happier. For a pentile screen, it is leaps and bounds better than the screen on the X2 and Bionic and just simply beautiful. And seeing what is coming down the pike with the Galaxy SIII, another Nexus phone with better specs could be nothing less than amazing.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm going with Motorola....of phones I actually have experience using. After them, any manufacture that hasn't already made a nexus.

I have my reasons why I don't wanna see Samsung make another one...or another one anytime soon. Hell, they just made back to back nexus phones. Where is the love for htc? Lol

At this point in time... I honestly feel the only nexus I will get is one made by Motorola.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Last edited:

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
there is another thread for the same topic. I say Moto should get their shot but must follow ALL the requirements necessary to receive the nexus tattoo. It would be a glorious day lol.

Sent from my AXI0M AOKP using DroidForums

OP
BenLand150

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
there is another thread for the same topic. I say Moto should get their shot but must follow ALL the requirements necessary to receive the nexus tattoo. It would be a glorious day lol.

Sent from my AXI0M AOKP using DroidForums

Didn't see it. Oh well.

And I agree! Their current line of devices definitely don't cut it.

jmcdonald

Reaction score
I say Moto for the radios and hardware. I love my Gnex but my D1 was awesome. However, I won't buy a Moto phone again if it has Blur and/or encrypted bootloader. I want to be free to do with my phone as I please. My work D2 is horrible with the Blur crap on it. I would buy the next Nexus if it came from either Samsung, Moto, or HTC. But not LG - I won't buy another phone from LG their build quality and hardware choices just aren't there.