Now you saw the sgs3, will you buy their next nexus

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Nexus' started by pc747, May 4, 2012.

1. pc747

pc747 Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +5,921
    If the sgs3 hardware become our next nexus would you buy or hold on to your current nexus. This is playing devils advocate about rumors that sammy is making the next nexus.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

2. cereal killer

cereal killer Administrator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,427
    Current Phone Model:
    Nokia Lumia Icon
    If the stock Android experience rivals that of what Samsung is doing I'd think about it. They have taken Android to a whole other level. After seeing the capabilities that the SGSIII has to offer everything else seems like stale bread. Stock android has just gotten that much more booooring :)

3. Liderc

Liderc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +45
    Did we see the same Touchwiz "experience"?

They had developed maybe 2 things I'd want and both will be developed for use without that terrible skin.

And he asked about the hardware in case you missed it.

Would I upgrade in a year to the hardware used in the GSIII? Probably not. They'll have a quad core using less voltage than the current snap dragon dual core by then and most likely have achieved the larger Super AMOLED + screen, which is really where we'll see improvement. I'd take the camera right now though.

4. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,672
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel
    I'd hold onto my Nexus until another "developer phone" is released. I don't have any problems or doubt that this Nexus will hold for 2 years or more

5. xDMONEYx

xDMONEYx Active Member

Ratings:
    +62
    Current Phone Model:
    Huawei Nexus 6P
    Twitter:
    bentxnail
    Probably only if the screen exceeds 5". The .1" difference isn't enough for me to switch, and the screen is really the only area that I want improvement that much, as my Nexus is quite snappy with just its duel core processor. The camera and such is of no concern to me either, because the one on the Nexus gets the job done, it's just a cell phone camera, not a Nokia like everyone expects phone cameras to be these days. Since I have the soft keys hidden on my Nexus, I get the full 4.7" screen, and it is gorgeous as well. Would I buy the Journal that is supposed to come to Verizon? Almost definitely because of that 5" screen. Ha ha ha.

6. tgyberg

tgyberg Silver Member

Ratings:
    +329
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel XL & C
    Yep! Krait ftw!

7. GalaxyFlatulence

Ratings:
    +10
    it's no rumor. Samsung and google have already anounced it. it's official :D

8. kparks

kparks Active Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Exactly I don't see what CK sees in this phone to like it so much... waiting for his reply!! I totally agree with u.. I can tell this site is deff deff pro gs3

9. bens42608

bens42608 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    In all honesty, the sgsIII doesn't look all that special.. quad core would be cool but who knows when the u.s. will ever see that. Processor,screen,design- nothing special and it has a Samsung radio which is awful in the gnex. I just don't see the big deal with a new phone that can't do anything better than the one I already have

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

10. DesktopDevin

DesktopDevin Active Member

Ratings:
    +67
    Current Phone Model:
    HTC One M8
    I will never buy another piece of samsung crap ever, hell I don't even want to keep the one I have now.

Still waiting on one of those super fast updates from google (Yeah what a :censored: joke) to see if they wil eventually fix the radio on this POS.

They delivered us a POS car mount and multimedia dock and to add insult to injury they quietly dumbed down the accessories for the CDMA version as compared to the GSM version and still refuse to deliver the same product even though there has been an outcry from CDMA owners wanting the same features.

No sammy ever again for this guy!

#10 DesktopDevin, May 5, 2012
    Last edited: May 5, 2012
  11. pc747

pc747 Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +5,921
    As far as ck , let's be honest there are people who prefer the look of ui over stock UI and that is OK. Infact I think even people who prefer stock even add a theme to add flavor to the regular stock look. With that said I was mainly referring to hardware. If the sgs3 game with pure nexus jellybean google would you buy it. And for me it was touched on by a poster above, if we get a dual core phone then no cuz I have a dual core phone already and its not worth 2yrs + $33 upgrade price. Plus I actually like the soft keys. To the guy above, I know your feeling because I said the same thing. You really ought to try rooting and installing 4.04 with the new radios. I been running the newest build imm76k and it has changed my perspective, plus I think the phone I bought in December was just crap cuz the display on this one is almost night and day.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

12. xeene

xeene Gold Member

Ratings:
    +1,030
    If it had 3k+ battery I would. As it stands now I see no point.

Search tags for this page

malayalam news sgse