[Question] Who Should Make the Next Nexus?

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Galaxy_Nexus_horizontal.jpg

If you haven't noticed by now, I'm trying to start making actual "articles" and stuff for our Nexus thread instead of only having posts about problems people are having and stuff. Why not make this section more fun? :)

Anyways, back to the topic.

Most of the people who bought Galaxy Nexus knowing full well what they bought it for are only looking to buy another Nexus phone after your contract is up. So, who do you want to make the next phone in the next 2years?

Right now, LG is looking to get Google to make the next Nexus device.. This makes me skeptical of how well it will do and if I'd even want to purchase it seeing how they haven't been able to take the Android world by storm quite yet considering their devices really haven't been all that great. Would you like to see LG give their shot at the phone?

My pick currently would have to be Motorola. But only if they can do the following things:

- It's a Nexus phone. It HAS to be unlocked and pure Google. Who care's if it's not running Blur and unlocked Motorola, you're still making money off of it! And if done right, it could sell let hot cakes being a Nexus phone and made by Motorola, probably the most "main stream" company for the Android world.

- Google has their own expectations and wants. So listen to them and put an amazing, leader board, screen on it similar to the Nexus now, the HTC Rezound, and other phones set to be released later this year.

If done right, this phone could be amazing. Unlocked, Pure Google, amazing screen, and of course what Motorola is already really known for; their stellar hardware with a new, slick design. And of course, their radios are usually better than Samsung's.

With this, would you like to see Motorola make the next Nexus? Or would you rather have Samsung stick to it? If neither, leave your comments below on who you'd like to make it!

Last edited:

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Good idea for a thread.

I'd like to see what every cell phone manufacturer would do. I doubt all of them would spend the time & money doing this. But think it would be good to see how motorolas would compare to lg & the rest of them. Let them make their Nexus & let the community decide what's the best.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I definitely would not like to see LG make it. I've had problems with one of their older "dumb phones" and some other household electronics. I personally boycott LG and will never buy from them again. If they're making the new Nexus, I'm definitely not getting it.

Now as who I want to see build it, I would like to see Samsung make it again. Their phone designs keep things simple. Excellent screens, slim, and good overall feel. Some say they feel too plastic-y, but I don't feel that way about my phone at all, it's a very solid device. Moto I wouldn't mind either, but I doubt they'll make it cause they'll want to put their UI on it. Same with HTC, though I don't think it'll follow the same form factor the Nexus has taken over the years.

t35rk

Reaction score
HTC made the best Nexus to date imo.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

cush2push

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I really wouldn't mind who made it as long as the hardware was top notch i dislike soft speakers and horrid gps i am gonna throw a curveball and say asus makes it

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent ICS Blue

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
I'd like to see moto team up with Google since the acquisition but g seems to want to keep their distance! Major bummer hearing Google is taking a laissez faire approach to their moto purchase... other than that though I think Samsung can execute an excellent phone and would be glad to see a galaxy nexus II!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
in my opinion, the only company who can compete with samsung is motorola and they would be my choice for next nexus as their hardware is unmatched.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Samsung again. Best screen, love the Galaxy Nexus.

Motorola would be second but the quality of their hardware has really gone down. Also I don't like them releasing phones every six weeks.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
I personally want Samsung to make it again. HTC and LG would be number 2 & 3. Moto would be 4. The main reason for this order, the displays. Samsung's screens are arguably some of the best, year in and year out. HTC and LG both have nice displays on their higher end devices. Outside of the OG Droid, I haven't seen a display on a Moto device that has wow'd me. There almost always was something out that was better at the time, subjectively at least.

Moto could potentially bring a few nice things to the table though. No other manufacturer seems to do accessories like Moto. While this isn't a selling point to me, as I haven't purchased an official dock for any of my devices thus far, I could see this as being a nice feature for other folks. It would be cool to have a battery like the the one in the MAXX.

I think we are approaching a point in which the internal specs (processor, GPU, and RAM) won't matter as much outside of gaming and benchmarking. Besides, Google is in on this too, and they have a say in picking components. The N1, NS, and GN each had some of the best, if not the best available in a phone at the time. So this isn't a concern of mine, as regardless of the manufacturer it should have decent internals.

Now this isn't considering the Asus, Acer, Sony, Pantech, Casio, or any other manufacturer that doesn't have a large stable of phones.

Of course a lot of this is my opinion, and to be honest, I don't know if I will care too much who makes the next Nexus as long as it comes to Verizon (on time lol). If Moto does get to make one, I hope they don't get to name the device. They have had some terrible names, either all caps and/or using X's in weird ways. Motorola Nexus XIPPITY-DO-DAH MAXX.

OP
BenLand150

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I personally want Samsung to make it again. HTC and LG would be number 2 & 3. Moto would be 4. The main reason for this order, the displays. Samsung's screens are arguably some of the best, year in and year out. HTC and LG both have nice displays on their higher end devices. Outside of the OG Droid, I haven't seen a display on a Moto device that has wow'd me. There almost always was something out that was better at the time, subjectively at least.

Moto could potentially bring a few nice things to the table though. No other manufacturer seems to do accessories like Moto. While this isn't a selling point to me, as I haven't purchased an official dock for any of my devices thus far, I could see this as being a nice feature for other folks. It would be cool to have a battery like the the one in the MAXX.

I think we are approaching a point in which the internal specs (processor, GPU, and RAM) won't matter as much outside of gaming and benchmarking. Besides, Google is in on this too, and they have a say in picking components. The N1, NS, and GN each had some of the best, if not the best available in a phone at the time. So this isn't a concern of mine, as regardless of the manufacturer it should have decent internals.

Now this isn't considering the Asus, Acer, Sony, Pantech, Casio, or any other manufacturer that doesn't have a large stable of phones.

Of course a lot of this is my opinion, and to be honest, I don't know if I will care too much who makes the next Nexus as long as it comes to Verizon (on time lol). If Moto does get to make one, I hope they don't get to name the device. They have had some terrible names, either all caps and/or using X's in weird ways. Motorola Nexus XIPPITY-DO-DAH MAXX.

I agree with a lot of what you said, but the thing is I don't think Google would allow Moto to make the next Nexus if they follow their same setup when making phones. Motos screen and software really doesn't cut it right now IMO. Sorry RAZR. Its by no means bad though, so don't take that the wrong way, it's just not the best.

If they make it, I believe it will be top notch. Amazing battery, amazing hardware, amazing screen, efficient storage, and an ocean of accessories.

If this is followed, it should easily be better than any other product or right up there with the best.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
BenLand150

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
There should be an option for "anyone but LG".

Haha, if I had thought of that I definitely would have added it

By the way guys, loving all the comments! Keep em coming. :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums