Now you saw the sgs3, will you buy their next nexus

winner00

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I am only impressed with the SGIIIs performance numbers. As far as the phone itself looks and the lack of updates to the screen, not so much. If Samsung is to base their next Nexus design on the SGIII, they need to do a few things:

1) Super Amoled+ Retina display with PLS.
2) 2GB of RAM. Might as well. It will show up in numerous phones later on.
3) Have the LTE radios combined with the CPU/GPU SOC. This should help some with battery consumption.
4) Definitely have the best GPU available unlike the Gnex.
5) No physical home button like the Gnex.
6) SD card slot
7) Cameras. You know what? More megapixels isn't the answer. Better camera hardware is. Better low light operation. Better shutter. Better lense(s). Anything over 5MP is overkill on a cell phone. Improve the hardware.

I'm sure I could think of more, but this is just what I came up with on the fly. The next Nexus should be king of the hill when it gets released and have the latest hardware specs. The Galaxy Nexus was a refreshed Galaxy II with an updated screen. The next Nexus has to be more than that.
I pretty much agree with everything here. I doubt it will have a SD card slot though. I am guessing is if Google chooses Samsung it will have a Dual or Quad core Exynos based on the A15 and I hope it has integrated LTE radio like you said.

???

Reaction score
I will buy the best phone out for how I use my phone when my contract comes due.

saying you won't buy the phone unless it has this this and this is just silly when you're stuck a few months in on a 2 year contract. unless you wanna pay 700 for a phone that's worth 100 6months later.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's the overall package of how they are presenting Android. I don't have a favorite feature per se. The whole Android package is a win. They have focused on what was much needed...SOFTWARE and they did an awesome job. This phone makes the iPhone look dated now I think. You? iPhone has always been a great alternative to Android, now it's lagging (maybe the new iPhone wil change that) Hardware is a lost cause nowadays (when it comes to smartphones) somebody is always going to come out with something better. You will never have the latest and greatest for very long. Software on the other hand, software is where it's at and software is where Samsung scored on this one.

I will make a prediction. The SG3 will dominate the Android mobile space in 2012 with Apple's iPhone being its only competitor. Anyone want to make a gentlemans bet on this? No money just a " I told you so!" :cool-b:

I am going to have to agree with CK. The SG3 will dominate in 2012.

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
If I were looking for a new phone because my contract was up I might entertain it. Having used my upgrade on the Nexus, no, I'm not interested. I don't even have device envy. I have no problem with Samsung, so I would consider their next Nexus. I would really love a Motorola Nexus, but that probably won't be happening soon.