[Rumor] Samsung's GT-i9260 is Not the G-Nex 2; Will be Called the Galaxy Premier

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsung_galaxy_premier_i9260_vs_samsung_galaxy_s3_i9300.jpeg

Here's an interesting tidbit for this fine Thursday morning. For weeks now we have seen several reports of a new Samsung device with the model name GT-i9260. Most of the speculation was that the phone is likely either the Galaxy Nexus II or perhaps might be called the Nexus Plus. This newest rumor refutes those claims with a completely different name, the Galaxy Premier. Also, the "leaked" specs for this device are a bit strange, if they are true. This new Galaxy Premier will actually have smaller specs than the current SGS3. This is an odd decision, unless this phone is meant to compete in the mid-range segment. Here are the supposed specs:
  • 1.5 GHz dual core processor
  • 4.65 inch 720p display
  • Similar styling to the Galaxy S III
  • 8 megapixel rear facing camera
  • 2 megapixel front facing camera
  • Android 4.1 Jelly Bean out the box.
Hmmm... this sounds similar to the Galaxy S III Mini as well. Here is my theory... maybe we will have the SGS3 Mini as the budget-device, the Galaxy Premier will be the mid-range device, and the SGS3 will continue to be the flagship. What do you guys think?

The pic above is supposedly what the Premier will look like next to the SGS3.

Source: AndroidAuthority

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
What's the point of this? This has barely anything different from the GS3. Besides the massive .15" different in display.

I guess if this is international only then the fact that it runs a dual core CPU over a quad core Exynos CPU. Still though I don't see a reason to release this.

geoff5093

Reaction score
Samsung please, do not bring this to market. There is no need for this when you have the GS3!!

armeddroid

Reaction score
I been waiting to hear about the specs on this phone. Thought it was supposed to be better then the SGS3. Guess I'll continue to wait. Might just wait until the SGS4 drops.