Galaxy Nexus in Best Buy System Right? Well I can help...

Reaction score
The way I see it, I am perfectly fine with the GN for the next to years. It IMO will be the most future proof of the three with updates, dev's on the forums, and current hardware (all four phones including the D4 are at least somewhat close in that aspect). The Quad core phones wont matter to me much if the software doesn't need the hardware, ya digg? I mean to say that dual core is plenty fine for a 720p screen cell phone. I want to see the applications or the abilities of the phone pushed before I worry about the processor again.

I remember when I was worried when Dungeon Defenders (that intense tower defense game) came out for Android. It was pushing the hardware to a level where not everything could run it. Separating the newer hardware from the older hardware. I dont see that kind of leap in the next 2 years because we already have a pretty stout gaming device. Photo editing might get a little more crazy and that could cause a demand for more CPU but until the day comes where we have holograms coming from our devices I will not worry about more CPU than a dual core.

I have heard talk about quad cores actually maintaining better battery life compared to dual cores but I have not read into that much.

Just my $0.02

mzjin

Reaction score
I want my nexus updates only reason why I'm not just waifing for a tegra 3

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk

Tegra 3 has come and gone and it's still basically just matched iPad 2 in performance on Honeycomb.

Battery life isn't there yet, performance is hardly to speak of.

With Exynos coming in at 2.0ghz, I'm guessing Quad Core Tegra is a huge fail especially considering the failure to match the iPad 2 in battery life.

Last edited:

Hmong_Xiong

Reaction score
Tegra 3 has come and gone and it's still basically just matched iPad 2 in performance on Honeycomb.

With Exynos coming in at 2.0ghz, I'm guessing Quad Core Tegra is a huge fail especially considering the failure to match the iPad 2 in battery life.

I'm sure they are bc the Galaxy Tab 10.1 kills the iPad 2 in battery and performance...wish Best Buy can just give me that and take my Xoom :\

[ ] Motorola Droid: Latest Miui
[ ] Motorola Droid 2: ZombieStomped 1.71
[X] Motorola Xoom: Tiamat 2.2.2

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score

Speed really isn't as important for quad cores as much as the software utilizing multi-threading. The performance will jump big time when software starts to utilize the benefits, but right now it just isn't being done.

lazarus2297

Reaction score
It appears the units are on the way to bby stores to...
Quantities are on par with the amount of razrs on launch day too..

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Last edited:

prowler85

Reaction score
So Ark...or any other BBY employee....rumours are that VZW is shipping phones today to their stores (or have already been shipped)....so for a 12/11 BBY launch, when would you get the phones in stock?? I guess I'm asking what date a BBY employee would be able to verify that they have them in the back but cannot sell them until a certain date.....

Nothing like visual confirmation.....

lazarus2297

Reaction score
From my understanding if there is no hard street date then when they arrive they can be sold.. as of right now I can't find a hard street date in the system.. the razr had a stret date in the inventory system so far the gnex does not.. but that could change..

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

bguild

Reaction score
As an experiment tonight I rolled into a local Massachusetts Best Buy, followed by a Best Buy Mobile, then a Verizon store, then a Radio Shack armed with a $200 cash bribe. I'll save you the drama and scenarios but the bottom line is that no one is budging on any seedy back room sales of the Gnex. Best buy mobile has them in inventory, as does the Verizon store, but Verizon won't admit it. Best buy is also non-commital about their existance of inventory in back and they keep holding the party line of "no street date".

Radio shack doesn't even have any inventory.

A number of people told me "all eyes are on this inventory" and "I would be fired if I sold you one"

The girl at best buy mobile said she is getting internal messages that the phone will start selling on Sunday.

Take it FWIW guys, not much. But, money usually talks and b/s walks... unless its a Gnex in which case money doesn't even talk. Lol

9wire

Reaction score
Threats don't work either. :(

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
Arkbird

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
lol at Threats. But if the girl at BBY said she got an internal memo, I kinda want to see it now. I go in tomorrow evening so I'll update you guys if I find out anything new after I get off.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Speed really isn't as important for quad cores as much as the software utilizing multi-threading. The performance will jump big time when software starts to utilize the benefits, but right now it just isn't being done.

I don't see how a quad core will show any appreciable difference in a smartphone. Do you notice performance issues in dual core phones in daily use? If so, there's something deeper then just processors going on there...and that's software.

Quad-core phones seem like unnecessary overkill to me.