[Question] Who Should Make the Next Nexus?

Jung136

Reaction score
HTC! they make solid, sturdy devices and they don't look like something from the US Military...

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I would love to see a Motorola Nexus. I love the quality of their phones (everything else I've played with just feels cheap to me). Needs to have a much better screen though....

alboboy10

Reaction score
I promised myself that I would only buy Nexus phones from now on.

If lg makes it I might have to break that rule.

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
Moto, but they wont due to not wanting or not being "allowed" to have unlocked bootloaders on verizons network.
I dont think vzw will see another nexus for a long time.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
People will buy LG Nexus phones. Look at how many people *****ed about Samsung making the Nexus and the poor build quality, yet still went out and bought them.

I don't care who makes it, I'll buy any Nexus phone. LG makes some of the toughest phones and I have owned serveral. My mom's Ally has been less problematic than my DX.

Galnet MIUI

Insidious

Reaction score
HTC. The Nexus one was awesome. Just give me an AMOLED HD screen though.: b

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

The Robot Cow

Reaction score
I vote for motorola. To me they have the best hardware and build quality. I dont like how the galaxy nexus feels. When I had a d2g it got stolen i had no problem picking up a droid 2. Why? The hardware and build quality. Its feels solid and actually feels like it'll last a few drops or 10. People have problem with the software but its nothing that a Rom can't fix(im running cm9 on my d2).
In my opinion i rather have a device with a better build quality and better hardware than having unlocked bootloaders. I borrowed an Htc D-Inc for about a month and i didnt like it cuz it felt cheap and weak. I'd say sony is my 2nd choice.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
My opinion is that HTC does the best job at making Android phones. The 2 HTCs I have owned have been much better than any Moto or Samsung I have owned...by a lot. I didn't own the thunderbolt though...I imagine some of those people don't like HTC. Inc2 and Rezound are great though. I will probably never buy a non htc phone again based on my experience with other companies.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I vote for motorola. To me they have the best hardware and build quality. I dont like how the galaxy nexus feels. When I had a d2g it got stolen i had no problem picking up a droid 2. Why? The hardware and build quality. Its feels solid and actually feels like it'll last a few drops or 10. People have problem with the software but its nothing that a Rom can't fix(im running cm9 on my d2).
In my opinion i rather have a device with a better build quality and better hardware than having unlocked bootloaders. I borrowed an Htc D-Inc for about a month and i didnt like it cuz it felt cheap and weak. I'd say sony is my 2nd choice.

I have a buddy that has a DInc and I really like it. As far as phones feeling "cheap". Has anyone ever read about a drop that caused a phone (from any brand) to break into a million pieces? "Oh I dropped my phone and parts & micro chips were flying everywhere"?! I've been around a while and have never read of anything more than a display breaking from a drop.

[video=youtube;bc5JjPU4Xh0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bc5JjPU4Xh0[/video]

Last edited:

Barkleyfan

Reaction score
Moto nexus for the win in my book. Pentile isn't terrible on Razr Maxx, but the gorilla glass is lightyears ahead of HTC or Samsung materials. I would go out of my way to get a Moto nexus. Sony has decent hardware as well but they seem to trail in specs sometimes. Xperia play is a good example. Not enough memory, small processor.

gwhiz377

Reaction score
I think its only fair that Motorola gets their shot to make a nexus device. If not, then if probably want samsung again. Certainly no LG though.

joshfrank

Reaction score
Samsung all the way - but if Samsung was not a choice I would go with HTC.

mattlombard

Reaction score
HTC for me. Unlocked bootloaders, solid build, and best feel in the hand. Moto phones feel like you're holding a sharp piece of metal. Samsung feels like paper thin plastic. HTC uses great soft touch materials and rounded backs.

Sent from my ERIS using DroidForums