[Question] What do You want in the next Nexus?

What do you Want?

• An sdcard!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HDMI Out

• More accessories

• Android 5.0

• Bigger and Better screen

• Nothing

• Total voters

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
adkzo0.jpg

Hey, what's up guys? Seeing how good my last topic/"article" type deal did the last few days, I decided to do one more for the week. It was a definitely nice seeing people converse on why or why not they want a certain manufacturer to make the next Nexus or not rather than complaining about issues they've been having with their phones and things of that nature(even though the forums are for that too, of course). Also, not saying Droid-Life saw my topic.. but it was cool seeing them with the same type of article the next day on their site. Maybe I inspired that? :p

Now, back to the subject at hand.

When a Nexus is announced we always expect some features to make it stand out from the rest of the Android world and of course, the i*hone world. This year we saw a few different things.

The Samsung Galaxy Nexus was one of two phones to come out with a 720p HD screen. This definitely set us aside from most other phones, not including the Rezound, as the screen is absolutely gorgeous when watching videos, scrolling through your home page, or going on the web. And the curved glass(though it isn't the first Nexus with this) made viewing angles great. However, with the brightness down.. the graininess is a bit saddening, but not a huge deal.

Aside from the screen we saw a 4.65" display, navigation buttons on screen, the first phone to run Android 4.0 (ICS), and a zero shutter-speed lag camera among of the main things the phone came with. However, one of the biggest complaints with the phone is the camera. While incredibly fast, people don't like the fact that it is shown as a "5-mp" camera. While MP's are not everything, most people aren't super camera-tech savy and do not understand that, and let's face it, it's hard going from an 8mp camera to a 5mp even though the camera quality is better than most 5mp camera phones out there and even 8mp camera's. It's definitely better than my previous DROID and Droid 3.

Now, back to things that I feel need to be included with the next Nexus device:
- The Nexus needs to be at least an 8mp camera. We're not expecting DSLR level pictures, but when phones are already about to start boasting 10+mp's, it needs to be taken up a notch.
- It needs to lead the market once again with the latest OS.
- Keep on screen navigation buttons as I do feel should be the future.
- Quad-Core
- Make sure it comes out with less bugs.. My phones been fine, but this Nexus had too many complaints for that.
- Come with better marketing! Add key features to get this phone in main stream light more. Add features Dre Beats(gimmicky) software and other features that will draw peoples opinions.

These are some of the things I would like packaged with and into the next Nexus. But enough what I want. What do you guys want?! There's definitely plenty of other features that could be included. An even better and bigger screen, say, 1080p at 5.3"'s(could we even see with that high of resolution?)? Global capabilities, more accessories, SDcard, hdmi port, and dare I say, better dev support? These are just ideas, leave a comment below on what you feel should be included into it. :) Thanks for reading!

jpsil

Reaction score
Quad-core Processor and support for it.
Have the option of a physical keyboard.
Jelly Bean.
Verizon???
Better battery (like MAXX).
SD card slot.
Physical camera button.
Otherwise, the Galaxy Nexus is pretty beastly.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I just want it to be the first device with the newest version of android:p

gthotie5

Reaction score
Quad-core Processor and support for it.
Have the option of a physical keyboard.
Jelly Bean.
Verizon???
Better battery (like MAXX).
SD card slot.
Physical camera button.
Otherwise, the Galaxy Nexus is pretty beastly.

This guy knows what he's talking about. Also needs a louder speaker and better build quality. This phone is slippery sometimes because of all the plastic and because of how light it is.

Sent from my GalaxyNexus using DroidForums

tdelet

Reaction score
Battery, battery, battery

Numbers 1-100 are better battery life.

101 is return Facebook integration
102 is putting the headphone jack on top
103 is google voice voip

sdny8

Reaction score
next nexus

Better hardware. Speaker. radio. Case. aluminum and or carbon fiber. A sleek STD battery and extended battery that looks like it is designed for the phone while still being 3000mah. I also think Motorola for their locked boot loaders should NOT get a nexus. I would also like to see the phone dock inside a tablet.

g_what

Reaction score
I don't think the poll does this issue justice. There is no single thing that can make the next Nexus what I want. There is a list.

Better processor (not necessarily more cores)
Better battery life (I want my phone to last a solid 16 hours with significant use while on LTE)
Gorilla glass (let's face it, gorilla glass is the best)
HDMI out (so I don't need an mhl cable)
Better build quality (similar to Moto, their devices are beastly)
Newest iteration of Android (this has never failed to be the case)
Phenomenal camera (how many of you honestly use a real point-and-shoot? It's all about phone cameras now)

That's all I have for now. If I think of anything else I'll edit this.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
I think my only real want that I don't think will take care of itself, that will be a dealbreaker if it doesn't happen, is that it comes to Verizon.

4.5 - 5" device with a 1080p screen - if they eliminate some bezel like the mock pictures of the SGS3, this shouldn't make the device too much bigger than the GN, if it does at all.

OS - I am not worried about this, I am sure they will release a new OS around it's release date and it will come with it. This is a part of what makes the Nexus a Nexus.

Processor - Google takes care of this as well. I doubt they are going to let some underpowered processor into their developers device. It does need to be able to play higher end games. I am not much of a gamer, or a benchmarker. So I don't care too much about this. The nerd in me does though lol.

Notification LED - I really like the Notification LED on this device. It is large and bright. Other devices tend to skimp on it.

Camera's Flash LED - I use my phone as a flashlight, a decent LED for my flashlight would be nice.

Camera - Megapixels shmegapixels. Good camera doesn't = high megapixels. 5MP is already 2500x2000 (roughly depending on some factors) which is a higher resolution than most screens can display. Going higher in theory yes does create better pictures, in practice not necessarily. That said, I don't care about camera much. I use it to scan barcodes about 5x more than I use it to take pictures.

Battery - I am not opposed to a non-removable battery in the vein of something like the RAZR MAXX. I would prefer a removable one though.

More internal memory - While I don't have an issue with a lack of storage, more storage is more storage. Micro sd card slot is even better.

HDMI out and/or more USB slots on the phone - Say you want to make your phone a portable computer, plug into a TV/monitor with your MHL adapter. Well if you want to use a keyboard and mouse you would need to have bluetooth options. With dual ports you could plug in a keyboard and mouse + MHL/HDMI .

Physical keyboard - Or at least option for one. I am not opposed to not having one, but I would be lying if I said I didn't miss my physical keyboard.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Gorilla Glass 2!

[video=youtube;uZMnfbNRKvg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZMnfbNRKvg[/video]

OP
BenLand150

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't think the poll does this issue justice. There is no single thing that can make the next Nexus what I want. There is a list.

Better processor (not necessarily more cores)
Better battery life (I want my phone to last a solid 16 hours with significant use while on LTE)
Gorilla glass (let's face it, gorilla glass is the best)
HDMI out (so I don't need an mhl cable)
Better build quality (similar to Moto, their devices are beastly)
Newest iteration of Android (this has never failed to be the case)
Phenomenal camera (how many of you honestly use a real point-and-shoot? It's all about phone cameras now)

That's all I have for now. If I think of anything else I'll edit this.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

The poll is just basic stuff. No way to pit absolutely everything.

And I agree and disagree with the camera. For quality pictures.. people still definitely use real cameras. At least the people I know anyway. But me personally, its mostly done with my phone. So yes, dslr camera quality on my phone would be amazing. But I do not see it happening anytime soon.

Loving the responses so far guys!

Sent from my AOKP AXI0M GNEX using DroidForums

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Decent antennas for phone and data reception.
Good battery life or massive stock battery.
Next gen LTE tech for better battery life.
Maybe the Wifi mirroring I saw demoed on OMAP 5.
FM RADIO!!! lol.
A mix between the Bionic, G Nex and Rezound screen. None of the cons and all the pros of each screen=heaven IMO.
IF...quad core can have decent or better battery life and doesnt get hotter...quad core.
IF...more RAM doesnt hurt battery life....1.5 to 2GB of Ram.
SD Card.
Removable battery.
MHL. To me this is better as you dont need a separate port on the phone.
Splash Guard would be nice...lol.
Dedicated camera button. Didnt realize how much I would miss it.
And for now...until I can get more time with on screen buttons to have a better opinion...hard keys. Too many accidental presses on capacitive ones are irritating.

consultant1

Reaction score
A global device! The world is small. Lots of people leave the US and need to take a phone with them that works!

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums