stop complaining about MP on cameras

scknoll123

Reaction score
I know everyone is disappointed about the 5mp camera on the new Nexus but come on who really needs a bigger MP count on a cell phone even on my reg. Camera I have the MP set lower so I can optimize my memory. Normal people only print 4×7 prints anyways so 5mp is perfect. The hardware and lenses is what makes a good pic combine that with the software on ICS and we will be very happy. Zero lag, better pictures in low light this camera will be the best on any cell phone plus all the other option it will have. I have a 8mp camera on my Bionic and it sucks. Im also glad google started looking at all these 3rd party appear and stared intergradeing them into there OS so that our phone can run smoother

ice456789

Reaction score
You realize that in making a thread asking people to stop complaining you're just providing them a place to complain and extending the discussion, right?

OP
S

scknoll123

Reaction score
Yep. That's the fun part about forums you can tell people to stop and they can't help themselves.

TheEtherMan

Reaction score
I'd much rather have a 5 MP camera with the "zero" lag than an 8 MP one with some added lag time. That is certainly a reason that they may have gone with 5. It's more than enough for me, and I use the camera phone for random shots all the time. My wife's been shooting with a 6MP DSLR for years. With some quality Nikkor glass she can shoot circles around people with twice the MP. There's just no way to judge the quality of the camera without looking at the photos it takes. You could put cheap Chinese glass on a $3000 D700 body and your photos will be crap. Just wait and see what the real deal is. I looked at the Bionic, and it seems it's 8mp camera has some issues. I hope this one is better, but I don't think that I'm buying until I see the results somewhere.
Cheers!

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
ics brings zero lag

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
S

scknoll123

Reaction score
I'd much rather have a 5 MP camera with the "zero" lag than an 8 MP one with some added lag time. That is certainly a reason that they may have gone with 5. It's more than enough for me, and I use the camera phone for random shots all the time. My wife's been shooting with a 6MP DSLR for years. With some quality Nikkor glass she can shoot circles around people with twice the MP. There's just no way to judge the quality of the camera without looking at the photos it takes. You could put cheap Chinese glass on a $3000 D700 body and your photos will be crap. Just wait and see what the real deal is. I looked at the Bionic, and it seems it's 8mp camera has some issues. I hope this one is better, but I don't think that I'm buying until I see the results somewhere.
Cheers!

+1. I agree 100%. I do not like the pic quality of the Bionic

jcardona1

Reaction score
I don't buy that, about ICS bringing the zero lag. The camera on the Charge is much better and faster than the Bionic, so I think there's more to the sorry than simply the OS.

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This is what comes with the territory. People have the right to like or dislike something. 2years ago we had 2 choices the droid eris and the then more powerful droid. We now have choices based on the needs. Those that have business as a priority and need something solid may prefer motorola. Someone wanting more user friendly phone may prefer htc. Those who want to tinker with every little detail may prefer a nexus device. So a person who have a young child may prefer a phone with a good camera so they can snap pics on the wham. So its ok for users to request different things. Point being its ok to "complain" because peoples complaining during the og droid days have helped with bringing about the changes we are seeing today.

ice456789

Reaction score
There's a reason most consumer cameras are no more than 13 megapixels. There's no point for a regular consumer to need more. At 13 megapixels you can blow up the picture to poster size without much trouble. The tech is available to make much higher MP cameras but the only benefit to that for 99.5% of people would be digitally zooming and it's not worth what it would cost to put it in the camera.

Image quality is completely different from image detail.

Also I should point out something that no one else has mentioned (that I've seen anyway).... a 5mp camera can store a lot more pictures in 16gb of memory than an 8mp camera.

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
I, too, agree that higher MPs do not equate better image quality. Up until last year, I had a Kodak 2 MP camera from 2001 that took great pictures...I would even dare say they were better than the 8 MP camera in my DROID X. Its really all about the lens.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
A perfect example. My mom got a 16mp camera from Costco, out was a good deal and I didn't bother with reviews. Long story sort, it takes terrible pictures and she's returning it! 16mp would by the mp myth logic take pro pictures! Nope! :)
So, picture it this way, you take a picture with the bionic, it's blurry, but guess what!? It won't get as pixilated as the Nexus when you blow it up huge. Guess what though, you'll want to keep the Nexus picture and trash the blurry one anyway! ;)

Swyped and sent through the interwebz to you!

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think we all agree the G-Nexus camera is pretty incredible from what we've seen. It's refreshing to see a company go with quality over quantity for once. Zero shutter lag = zomg.