[ROM] [PORT] Eclipse 2.0

cvhovey

Reaction score
Hmmm...maybe I'm missing something, but the OP states "Recommended to be running the 893 build first." I haven't seen a D3 893 build, though there are 890 and 894. Since I'm on 890, do I need to flash anything before installing this ROM via Safestrap? Just wanted to be clear before I check out this ROM. Thx!

kc6wke

Reaction score
Hmmm...maybe I'm missing something, but the OP states "Recommended to be running the 893 build first." I haven't seen a D3 893 build, though there are 890 and 894. Since I'm on 890, do I need to flash anything before installing this ROM via Safestrap? Just wanted to be clear before I check out this ROM. Thx!

I have flashed on 890 wiping first and had problems with yahoo email setup
And usb/wifi tethering but it worked well. I also restored to liberty v2.0 and flashed
Over it without wiping and was much better only had same tethering issues.
This rom works great over 890 but I need tethering so I had to go back to liberty.
If someone has a solution to the tethering issue, I would like to run this rom because
It is awesome.

anthony_rada

Reaction score
Im running. 890 and its working fine. I installed via bootstrap

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Thats because its a port of a Bionic ROM. They just missed changing that. I'd guess. I flashed it over 890 via safe strap and had no issues.

harry_banana

Reaction score
Just wanted to thank the devs on this one. Top notch work. Making me miss my fascinate less lol. A quick question and also a possible bug. Did you use stagefright for the default music? It likes to cut the last few seconds of the song off abruptly. Also, when you switch to the 4-key dock, remove the dialer and try to move it to any other place and it'll tell you that its not installed. Just some food for thought.

Rooted D3 @ 1.2ghz, eclipse v 1.1.1.

harry_banana

Reaction score

I installed right over 890 and had no probs what-so-ever.

InvalidUseOfNull

Reaction score
I just noticed that the Bionic received an upgrade to Version 2. I'm very happy running 1.1.1 on my Droid 3, but I can't wait for us to receive Version 2 as well. Keep up the great work!

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Downloading right now.

Edit - Flashed perfect. You should think about theming Swype if possible to go with the rest of it. I'd use the Bionic add-ons, but that unfortunately doesn't work with the D3 also.

Last edited:

C.o.m.m.a.n.d.e.r

Reaction score
hmmmm looking at the fixes and none of them seem to be of urgency. also i think the white calender will kinda ruin the nice theme got going here and adding a built in bootstrap doesnt really sit right considering a lot of people use safestrap. i think i'm gonna wait till we all have a universal boot/safe strap thing going so im not switching back and forth. in short not gonna update, but nice to see this port getting supported. best rom i've used for d3 so far and still keeping it for now. dancedroid

Riley

Reaction score
Is a wipe needed from the last version, or just a cache wipe maybe?

EDIT: Nevermind I reread the OP (Recommended to at least wipe cache when flashing between different versions.)

But I'll do a full wipe wince work is slow this week, just to make a clean install. ;)

Last edited:

logan5

Reaction score
First of all.. wonderful rom! It's my daily!
I can't dial *228. Phone refuses. Gives no errors. Tried typing it in the dialer and adding it as a contact. Was wanting to update PRL. I can dial other "starred" numbers fine... Is this a bug? Or maybe a feature? :blink:
Would some fine user try it on their Eclipse install and let me know?
Thanks!

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
First of all.. wonderful rom! It's my daily!
I can't dial *228. Phone refuses. Gives no errors. Tried typing it in the dialer and adding it as a contact. Was wanting to update PRL. I can dial other "starred" numbers fine... Is this a bug? Or maybe a feature? :blink:
Would some fine user try it on their Eclipse install and let me know?
Thanks!

Yep, doesn't work for me either.

logan5

Reaction score
BTW.. Hash's Safestrap remained intact after upgrade to V2. What's with the bootstrap added to this version?
Not owning a Bionic, I'm not privy to the method of entering it's bootstrap. I just told SU to deny Bionic Bootstrap SU permissions.

UPDATE: I get it.. the Eclipse Bootstrap is available to be installed under Eclipse Parts. However a service for Bionic Bootstrap does run at startup... not sure if I have any need for this tho...

Last edited: