[Poll] - Droid BIONIC - Who's getting it -

infinity8x3

Reaction score
Locked bootloaders are all the talk lately. And I am just as curious as the next person to know for sure if it is locked or not..

Honestly I can deal with a locked bootloader so long as i can root. I may not like it but i could deal with it.

The selling point to me would be if the phone runs pure vanilla Android. A phone with them specs rooted on vanilla android would be a beast and I would be first in line to get it.

sudulgidy

Reaction score
I'd love to get the bionic but there isn't going to be 4g in my city for awhile yet. Unless it runs both 3 and 4g.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

UNC

Reaction score
I'd love to get the bionic but there isn't going to be 4g in my city for awhile yet. Unless it runs both 3 and 4g.

It definitely will have 3g and 4g. Its already gonna have to have a CDMA radio for voice....

wingdo

Reaction score
A quote from Motorola (full endgadget article here: Motorola ready to make sweet love to Android ROM devs and rooters? -- Engadget ) regarding the much talked about Moto idiot who said people who don't like the locked bootloader should buy elsewhere:

"We apologize for the feedback we provided regarding our bootloader policy. The response does not reflect the views of Motorola. We are working closely with our partners to offer a bootloader solution that will enable developers to use our devices as a development platform while still protecting our users' interests. More detailed information will follow as we get closer to availability."

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
if moto unlocks the bootloader...oh man...that would be sweet...

bhall238

Reaction score
I voted yes - I can't wait. But apparently I will be waiting a while. I read somewhere the Bionic will be coming out sometime in June. What is everyone else hearing about that? Meanwhile I have read the Atrix will be out early March. Lastly, does anyone know why we are getting 512MB RAM while the Atrix gets 1GB? If it's been posted elsewhere forgive me but I haven't heard a reason.

BlackOtaku

Reaction score
I voted yes - I can't wait. But apparently I will be waiting a while. I read somewhere the Bionic will be coming out sometime in June. What is everyone else hearing about that? Meanwhile I have read the Atrix will be out early March. Lastly, does anyone know why we are getting 512MB RAM while the Atrix gets 1GB? If it's been posted elsewhere forgive me but I haven't heard a reason.
The Atrix gets 1 GB because it needs it for the laptop/HDMI docking feature. The Bionic lacks that feature, and therefore 512 MB is plenty.

crackedvenom

Reaction score
A quote from Motorola (full endgadget article here: Motorola ready to make sweet love to Android ROM devs and rooters? -- Engadget ) regarding the much talked about Moto idiot who said people who don't like the locked bootloader should buy elsewhere:

"We apologize for the feedback we provided regarding our bootloader policy. The response does not reflect the views of Motorola. We are working closely with our partners to offer a bootloader solution that will enable developers to use our devices as a development platform while still protecting our users' interests. More detailed information will follow as we get closer to availability."

they also posted that same thing about 20 different times on people complaining about the bootloader on their facebook wall.

csimo

Reaction score
I like the looks of the phone, but from what I'm told you have to get the $50 per month 4G data plan.

EgooEspada

Reaction score
I like the looks of the phone, but from what I'm told you have to get the $50 per month 4G data plan.

No 4G pricing for smartphones have been announced as of yet. Should hear something soon, considering the HTC Thunderbolt seems to be launching very soon.

DESERPENTOR

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid Turbo
Motorola makes the best smart phones hands down.

BlackOtaku

Reaction score
Motorola makes the best smart phones hands down.
Agreed. If they start offering a bootloader unlock option, then they'll probably have me as a customer for life. The way things are now, I'm looking at HTC and LG. Sad we couldn't get the 2X on Verizon in case Moto is bluffing us.

JerseyFrankU

Reaction score
Please tell me this isn't an april fools joke? i mean, i'm patient...and loyal(ish) - i mean, i'm still hugging a Q, right?
This - forum thing is new to me tho - be gentle w/ i inevitably do something stoopid -
how do i put in sig/avatar?

yes. yes i want one.

EgooEspada

Reaction score
Yea they do. Every aspect of their phones are great and reliable. Only complaint over their phones is the camera quality - could use bigger sensors and Xenon flash. :)

Sent from my Droid