Who is getting it day one and who is waiting???

dlo-htown

Reaction score
Stopped by the Verizon store close to my office to inquire about buying the Bionic... told them how my D1 was dead and I've been without a phone for almost 2 weeks now... and how I knew the Bionic was going on sale Thursday, and if I could go ahead and buy one now? :p

Ha! He just grinned ear-to-ear and said "Man, if I could you know I would... but we don't even have them in the store yet.. they're going to be drop-shipped Wednesday night." I asked if I needed to sign up to buy it, and he said "Ya, I can make an appointment for you, and that way I'll have one here for you on Thursday... what's your contact number?" said, "Well, remember I don't have a phone? My Droid is dead... but what if I'm here when y'all open?" He said "Oh no problem, I'll have one here for you Thursday morning!"

LIKE!

Finally going to have a decent working phone again!

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Really? That's BS. Guess I'll have to call the 3 stores near me.

I'd find it hard to believe they'd turn you away if you didn't have an appointment.

I mean come on. You're willing to drop $299 + 2 year contract extension for them right there. They'd be stupid to turn you down.

Import roller

Reaction score
I phrased it wrong. If you have an appointment, they hold a phone for you. So if by some chance they sell out of the rest, yours is held for you and won't be sold to someone else unless you break your appointment.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I haven't seen them open early for a release in a very long time.

mikehal38

Reaction score
I'm surprised they didn't do any preorders... I'll be going during lunch Thursday.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

das2042

Reaction score
I'm going to try a little sob storey tomorrow on my lunch break. I hope It works otherwise i won't be able to get one till Monday with my schedule. Wish me luck.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Reaction score
I have a question. When you buy a phone online you can have it charged to your cell bill. Does anyone know if you can do the same thing in the Verizon stores? I was going to wait till next week for my bionic because my daughter's storm 1 is jacked up but tonight I dropped my og Droid & now its jacked up to. Ugh!

jstwondrng

Reaction score
Just wondering who is doing what. If you are getting it day one why are you and if you wait why are you? This is ment for if you are actually getting it so bionic haters stay away.

Definitely getting one day one! My OG Droid is slow as molasses and I'm due for an upgrade. Yes, I know I'll be one of the beta testers lol

DogPaw

Reaction score
Is it true that Sams only charges tax on the upgrade price and not the suggested list price like everyone else? If this is the case I will go with Sams otherwise I will see if there is some type of pre-order promo or bundle offer. I have been limping along with orignal Droid for the last two months.

Crazed_Z06

Reaction score
I have a question. When you buy a phone online you can have it charged to your cell bill. Does anyone know if you can do the same thing in the Verizon stores? I was going to wait till next week for my bionic because my daughter's storm 1 is jacked up but tonight I dropped my og Droid & now its jacked up to. Ugh!

When I bought my Droid X awhile back I had it charged to my bill..