Who is getting it day one and who is waiting???

dpw2atox

Reaction score
I plan on getting mine Day 1, right when the local verizon store opens.

DanSan

Reaction score
i got my thunderbolt back in may because i got tired of waiting for this phone.. surprisingly i saw an article on droid-life or something about verizon giving out early upgrades. I'm only 4 months in and verizon is letting me upgrade again, so I'm gonna give it a few days. see what the 411 is on the phone, how its performing and stuff and then sell the thunderbolt and grab a bionic. i should break even

cokerchuck

Reaction score
My wife is a sweetheart. She went to the Verizon store on Thursday last week to get the Bionic for me. So after a dramatic facepalm, I explained that it wouldn't be out until September 8th. She is a sweetheart. Bittersweet situation, lol.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

drobz2006

Reaction score
planning on day 1 but because of more important car payment may have to wait. im on a budget this week so hopefully i can cut it, if not day one then it'll be within the week of.

player52

Reaction score
Some days I plan on getting it day one, some days I dont...lol.

Money issues is also causing me to go back n forth. I should be able to get some new phone this year. Wasnt looking that way a few weeks ago. I'm not gonna lie....info about phones coming later this year has me going back n forth too, the Droid HD and Prime. I might just buy all 3 to make it simple...LOL!!!

i know right

i was 100% decided on the bionic since jan now the Droid HD images leak and i have to think it over now

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
...you order the bangingest dell, hp, etc. with a billion gigs and megs and teras and by the time it's being boxed up in the shipping dept. it's pitifully outta date.

come on Thursday, my OG D1 is WAY outta date!

Oxymoron

Reaction score
I am really looking forward to this phone. Since following bworley50's thread on Android Central, I am just even more sure I'll be picking this up on Thursday. I have a Dr. appointment in the morning, so I should be able to swing by VZW before heading back to work.

If the Prime or HD (not interested in HTC) happen to blow me away upon release, I can always sell my Bionic and pick up one of those. Good thing is, in the meantime I have the Bionic. In the interem, I can always re-activate my D1 (which will still be getting used as a WIFI only device).

I really look forward to playing all my emulators on the Bionic using Wii mote!

True story.

*customized tapatalk signature*

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I would do the Costco thing, but tgd nearest one to me is well over an hour. My OG Droid is on life support at least once a week. It was a great phone but it's time for it to move on.

Technically, I can grab a Bionic this week but it wouldn't be the smartest thing to do financially. So I think I'll wait for someplace to either have a deal or the price goes down.

Hell maybe when the new iPhone price gets announced they'll lower it.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

318Droid

Reaction score
I constantly try and trick myself into waiting a week or 2 after release but the more and more I visit this dang site it makes me want to just get it on the release date. Man I hope I don't bite the bullet! Might lose this battle, I think the bionic controls people too. My OG droid still holds its own tho. I kno tjis Bionic wil get the same dev supporr as the OGD. Hopefully day1 root for me.

Oxymoron

Reaction score
I constantly try and trick myself into waiting a week or 2 after release but the more and more I visit this dang site it makes me want to just get it on the release date. Man I hope I don't bite the bullet! Might lose this battle, I think the bionic controls people too. My OG droid still holds its own tho. I kno tjis Bionic wil get the same dev supporr as the OGD. Hopefully day1 root for me.

Don't even worry about it, bro. Just sell it later if you feel you need to. My D1 is still rocking too, but I'm snatching the Bionic up Thursday morning!

I "may" wait for an SBF before I root, but I didn't when I got my D1... even though unrooting is much simpler.

Live a little! Just get it!

p.s. this post has been sponsored by yagermeister

Shh.

*customized tapatalk signature*

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
If the Prime or HD (not interested in HTC) happen to blow me away

This is what I worry about. Then I remember the OG Droid. I've had mine for close to 2 years (Dec 2009). The Bionic is the only phone that I have wanted. The Nexus one, Incredible, X, Galaxy S. They have never made me want to trade up.

I have a feeling the bionic will be the same.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
...you order the bangingest dell, hp, etc. with a billion gigs and megs and teras and by the time it's being boxed up in the shipping dept. it's pitifully outta date.

come on Thursday, my OG D1 is WAY outta date!

[video=youtube;eZAAZ7iXN-o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZAAZ7iXN-o[/video]

One of my fav commercials of all time...LOL!! I think I need to post this as a reply for everyone that says they're gonna wait for the next phone..lol

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
[video=youtube;eZAAZ7iXN-o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZAAZ7iXN-o[/video]

One of my fav commercials of all time...LOL!! I think I need to post this as a reply for everyone that says they're gonna wait for the next phone..lol

Lol! So true!