Am I the only one who likes my Bionic?

theDmanVR6

Reaction score
So I've had the Bionic for a little over a week now and I have been on this forum everyday reading other peoples problems and issues and seeing that a lot of people are just dissatisfied and even returning the phone. I'm just wondering if I am the only one who doesn't have a defective phone and actually likes my phone? I am fortunate to say i haven't had any major issues with the phone (except for a weird LED notification issue the first morning where it wouldn't stop blinking, but that's fixed now). I went from a rooted DINC to this phone, so the speed of the phone and the 4G network just blew me away. The size is a little bulkier than I'm used to, but after a day of use i didn't even notice the size. My battery will last me all day after i unplug it in the morning and i usually just throw it on the charger when i get home from work so i can have a full battery if i go out or something. To me the display looks great and my camera and everything works exactly how i would expect it to. Recording videos in HD works and looks great, and I just ordered the mini HDMI cable and I should get that today so I can test out the HDMI out on the phone because I know I have read some people having issues with this as well. I have already downloaded a bunch of apps on the phone and the whole media storage vs. SD card storage is kind of weird but I didn't even mess around with that and have had no issues with apps disappearing. Overall the point of me posting this thread is just to let people know who might be interested in getting a Bionic that not ALL the phones have issues with them and I am very happy with my purchase. And also i just want to know if there's anyone else out there who loves their Bionic as much as I do?

ice456789

Reaction score
I have a feeling that you're in the majority. I'm really seriously happy for you and everyone else who are enjoying the phone and find it meets all their expectations. I envy you, because I'm not one of those people. I'm having just about every problem you list. :(

OP
T

theDmanVR6

Reaction score
I have a feeling that you're in the majority. I'm really seriously happy for you and everyone else who are enjoying the phone and find it meets all their expectations. I envy you, because I'm not one of those people. I'm having just about every problem you list. :(

Have you tried bringing it back to where you purchased it and exchanging for a new one?

DroidmanInBlack

Reaction score
You're not alone...I'm loving mine too! I came from dx

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
I returned my first for a bad headset jack issue but this one is rock solid!
My wife cannot believe I'm actually so happy that I've stopped Trolling for the next in line,lol!

kurnyb189

Reaction score
Overall I have been THRILLED with my phone. Sure, battery life could be better and I have had a few minor problems/questions while acclimating to this new phone but overall I absolutely love it. I mean come on the day a brand new phone comes out and works perfectly for everybody will be a miracle. You can't please everyone and if your that unhappy with it then return it and keep waiting for the next new thing (that you'll complain about!)
Bottom line: the bionic is a solid phone with great features and performance. There's always some lemons in the mix but hang in there til you get a good one and you won't be sorry :)

Infiniti87

Reaction score
Absolutely love love love my Bionic. Haven't had ANY problems with my Bionic except for 2 black screen lockups the first 2 days but it hasn't happened since then. Bionic is an awesome phone.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

kaylesworth

Reaction score
You are not alone. My phone has been rock solid. I'm getting better 3G signal than I had with my rooted D1. No 4G in my area until October 20. Can't wait. This thing will absolutely scream then.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

wingdo

Reaction score
You are no where near alone. The Bionic is a fantastic phone. While I have rooted and de-bloated some of the apps, I have left Blur on as so far I am not sure I wish to remove it. I thought I had screen issues but it turns out it was only the matte screen protector VZW put on the thing. Once the protector was removed the screen was awesome. I love being able to use it outdoors.

The build quality is much higher to me than my TB was, the extended battery (came in last night) fits nicely and isn't too large, I do not have any issues with the headphone jack ....

It's a great phone. I am not one of those people who are willing to keep waiting for the "better" technology coming down the road. The decision to give my TB to my GF and get a Bionic was a great decision and I love this beast.

Edi

Reaction score
Coming over from an OG rooted Droid I am completely thrilled with the Bionic. I personally love the display, especially being able to see it outside. The battery life in the beginning was pretty bad, but after a few charges it's lasting longer and getting about the same amount of time as my OG droid. Everything has been pretty flawless and I'm enjoying my Bionic. :smile:

HorsePony

Reaction score
I love my Bionic.
Watched it since January...waiting patiently (not IMpatiently).
Came from a D1 and glad I stuck true to the Motorola/Droid brand.
I touch this phone more tenderly and buy it more gifts (accessories) than I do my girlfriend right now! HAHA, (truth be told, she'll get an awesome enough gift when I propose to her next month).

I really love the Bionic and have not had a single reservation about buying it since Day 1.
I think it sweetened my situation even more so that I was part of the lucky few that got their Bionic, along with all its additional (free!) goodies, from Costco.

I easily....easily see myself happily using this phone for the next two years without griping too much about my next upgrade. I held onto my D1, rooted, for 2 years and did enough research to happily and confidently buy into the Bionic.

Lots of people will gripe about everything in life.
Cities about their own football teams.
People about the jobs that are giving them a quality of life.
Guys about the girl they're lucky to have and too stupid to realize it.
The fact that there was an Aliens vs Predator movie made.

Me...I tend to look at the awesomeness in my Bionic....KNOW that there will be a better phone out in a month, in two months, in 6 months...but completely satisfied in the purchase that -I- made for -myself- based off of -my- research.

You're not alone, man.
Haters gon' hate.
But this phone F'n ROCKS.

blwn327

Reaction score
I'm coming from a rooted droid2 and i love this phone, the wait was worth it and will not be rooting this one. My 3g is alot faster also. I turn 4g on if i stream. I got the extended battery and with moderate/heavy use i get about 18hrs. That's a combo of streaming, txt, wwf, surfing and dragon play poker

chowyenfats

Reaction score
I love my bionic, the best phone I ever owned.

Low Saturn

Reaction score
I love my Bionic. No issues at all. It would of been nicer if the screen was a bit biger. But thats it.