Who is getting it day one and who is waiting???

Oxymoron

Reaction score
[video=youtube;eZAAZ7iXN-o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZAAZ7iXN-o[/video]

One of my fav commercials of all time...LOL!! I think I need to post this as a reply for everyone that says they're gonna wait for the next phone..lol

Lolz :-D

*customized tapatalk signature*

Oxymoron

Reaction score
This is what I worry about. Then I remember the OG Droid. I've had mine for close to 2 years (Dec 2009). The Bionic is the only phone that I have wanted. The Nexus one, Incredible, X, Galaxy S. They have never made me want to trade up.

I have a feeling the bionic will be the same.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Same here, it's a worthy upgrade from the most development friendly phone to date. LOVE my D1, but think it's finally time to make that jump to the next thing that will be good enough to hold me through my contract... and if not, it will sell easily.

Total win win.

martytoo

Reaction score
If this has a locked boot loader, what happens if you start rooting around and screw up the ROM?

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
If this has a locked boot loader, what happens if you start rooting around and screw up the ROM?

Can't be that bad. The X has been doing ok and that has a locked bootloader.

Oxymoron

Reaction score

If I root before an SBF is available, I won't delete any system apk's. I just want some of my favorite apps to work. Would definitely like to grab some screen caps and whatnot. Test to see if the stock kernel is compatible with wired tether, blah blah blah, etc.

Once the SBF is out, it's on though! Hahaha

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
Called my local store and spoke to a representative that gave me her mobile number. She will have one set aside for me ready to pick up when I get off work Thursday. This is going to be the longest 2 days.

martytoo

Reaction score
I have played with some of the ROMs. I dud simple things like removing unneeded apps. Is tgw SPF as easy to play with?

Oxymoron

Reaction score
An SBF is just for flashing back to stock, or attempting to recover a brick. There's no need for it otherwise.

I've not needed to SBF yet. Hope it stays that way. It's nice to have the option, however.

martytoo

Reaction score
I bricked my Droid once and had to recover with a PC. It's not a big deal. You sweat a little and then feel great when it works!

If I remember correctly , I bricked it by flashing without wiping.

Import roller

Reaction score
The store closest to me is selling them on thursday by appointment only. So I have an appointment at 5:30 when i get off work

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
The store closest to me is selling them on thursday by appointment only. So I have an appointment at 5:30 when i get off work
Really? That's BS. Guess I'll have to call the 3 stores near me.

jmlaser

Reaction score
Im waiting outside before the store opens,.... My D1 died on the 5th after 20 months of rough service. Been a long few days with no phone