Welcome to the Motorola Droid Bionic Forum!

Loooney2ns

Reaction score
I still think this one won't drop until the X reaches EOL in March. It would totally kill any last minute X sales.
Can you say-Free X? Come March, I bet they will be. Maybe not direct from VZW, but from Best Buy, Wirefly, etc. I won't be tempted. I'm waiting for the Bionic. Unless someone wants to give me their X!

MadScientist

Reaction score
You know there have been alot of questions about 4G pricing for data but I strongly believe it will remain the same as 3G. How can you sign a contract to pay more for 4G but not have the capability for months? If they did try to up the price it would be breach of contract and they can't stop only those that are paying 3G data prices from the upgrade. I find it interesting that this hasn't been brought up yet. With 4G wifi hotspot this phone will be formidable for sure.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

sansavi

Reaction score
^Thanks for the help. Yeah I suppose that it isnt "outdated" per se, but with 4G here and dual core phones around the corner, the Fascinate will not keep up with them, and its "binged," and Ive heard bad things about battery life, etc.
I just figure it will be more beneficial to me to wait for a Bionic or LG Optimus or for Samsung's 4g phone. Like you said, when they hit stores, I will just have to go check them out for myself.
I wouldn't blame anyone for waiting right now....lots of eye candy floating around! Personally, I picked up the Droid X off of craigslist a couple of days ago to keep my upgrade intact and to hold me over until the dust settles. Extremely happy that I chose that route.

im thinking i might do that.

whatd you pay for yours? someone in my regions offering for 300, but im not sure if its worth it if this is coming out as speculated in Feb. im STILL rocking this D1, and i need something to hold me over.

:EDIT:
Also, I'm seeing and confirmed with VZW that even if you clarify an ESN/MEID with a CSR, the owner could file a missing/stolen report and have the ESN/MEID banned afterwards via Asurion, and there's seemingly no way to stop this.

Last edited:

Dejuanxg

Reaction score
I'll have a upgrade soon and I get my deposit of 125 back soon. One of these new phones will be mine my droid x had been lagging for some reason lately.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Me, I kept the X cuz it had better reception than my Droid 1. (Diversity Antennas ftw...) If I can get decent 4G service this year and it does improve reception, I will be getting a 4G phone come upgrade time in April. And right now it looks like its between the LG and the Bionic.

I was already planning to switch to 1 year plans anyway since last year. I might even switch to a family plan. Its only me so I will have access to all the phones if I do that. Might give me somewhat of a chance to do actual side by side comparisons.

Which reminds me.....does the Bionic have Diversity Antennas too? I saw it might have a louder speaker than the X. Thats a plus if it does. I gave up a louder speaker for better reception. Software updates for the X did help but it couldnt match the Droid 1.

I wanna know the phone features of the Bionic: noise cancellation, does it have the mics of the X, the antennas, etc.

Last edited:

plafman

Reaction score
I'm more surprised they only have a VGA (0.3 megapixel) camera as the ffc. I didn't even know they still made those! Why couldn't they put at least a 1.3 megapixel camera in there?

SnydersWeb

Reaction score
I'm more surprised they only have a VGA (0.3 megapixel) camera as the ffc. I didn't even know they still made those! Why couldn't they put at least a 1.3 megapixel camera in there?

Guessing that mostly is a function of the fact that the FFC is going to be streaming upstream data for the video. They could put a larger one in there but it is a pragmatic cost cutting change put in there as a concession to the asymmetric nature of the network. If the carriers are set up like cable companies, they are gearing towards data consumption than generation.

Also, the iPhone 4's FFC is .3mp, so they've at least matched that.

Wuzz Ranger

Reaction score
Call me crazy but the CES video of ENGADGET testing out the phone, it looked a tad laggy to the finger touch....this is in reference to the finger scrolling whether it be on the internet or in the app drawer.

Am I asking to much for this to be a little more on point???

Last edited:

Flipp

Reaction score
im in for the Bionic, im already good for my 2 year upgrade:icon_ banana:
-Flipp

SnydersWeb

Reaction score
I'm in too!

Been hanging onto my D1.. overall I like it still with the exception of the wonky headphone jack connection and the lagging here and there. Periodic reboots seem to abate the lag a bit.

Provided VZW is smart about their data plans and pricing and the phone doesn't cost a fortune I'll be at the store the day it launches unless there are overnight campers in front. I love my gadgets but I'm not willing to go that far... :)

popcity

Reaction score
The Droid Bionic also has 2GB ROM in addition to 16GB Storage.... The Mobile World Conference is in mid February, so tere might be additional dual core phones announced then as well..

plafman

Reaction score

Guessing that mostly is a function of the fact that the FFC is going to be streaming upstream data for the video. They could put a larger one in there but it is a pragmatic cost cutting change put in there as a concession to the asymmetric nature of the network. If the carriers are set up like cable companies, they are gearing towards data consumption than generation.

Also, the iPhone 4's FFC is .3mp, so they've at least matched that.

I know it doesn't really matter at all... I was just pointing that out. I assumed the same as you, the only reason I mentioned it is because all the other phones announced have at least a 1.3 megapixel ffc.

But like I said, it really doesn't matter all that much.

17akota

Reaction score
The Bionic is defiantly gonna be my update from my X. The dual-core and the ffc is what got me sold. I could go without the 4G too, but since its gonna get big soon, might as well get it now. :D

Glitch4583

Reaction score
If nothing wows me at MWC, Bionic will totally be my next phone. :) Will miss having my hardware qwerty though.

Sent from my Sourcery using Tapatalk

DroidCoug

Reaction score
I am 95% sure the Bionic will be my next phone, as well as my wife's. That being said, does anyone remember how long after release day for most phones do they offer BOGO?