Phone Debate: Droid Bionic or HTC Thunderbolt

Drosul

Reaction score
I'm holding out for the Bionic personally...

Unless:

-It doesn't come out until Aug-Sept... "Summer" is kinda vague... Not sure I can wait that long on a storm

-Unlimited 4g ends before Bionic release, then I'm getting Tbolt... but only if the unlimited 4g stays locked in (that isn't actually guaranteed or confirmed)

-Something equally good hardware wise comes out first

EDIT: -Also, something to consider, is that all Summer+ phones from Moto are supposed to be dockable like the Atrix (which, one would assume includes the "Targa")... That can be a potentially huge deal breaker depending on the details of docking Atrix style. Especially if the dock is expensive as the Atrix's, requires a data capped tether plan, and STEALS HALF THE PHONES RAM to run an OS/Webtop I'd never use.

It's going to be an interesting month or so, as we get more info, from VZW, from Moto, and from potential competition... I find it frustrating that no manufacturer really had a flagship device prepared for the 4g launch... Tbolts and Charges are ok I suppose, but there is very little going on in those phones that wasn't already done a year ago. Customers being forced into 2 year contracts now, only makes the desire for a top tier tech phone all that more important. In 2 years I want my phone to only be 2 years old, not 3+ years old...

Last edited:

Stangerdude

Reaction score
The Bionic sounds great but the whole locked down bootloader is a big deal breaker for me.

BigZig

Reaction score
I will wait for bionic b/c dual core is a deal breaker for me. The idea of streaming hd video smoothly is crazy and graphics that are close to ps3 and xbox360 for gaming makes my next phone a dual core one I will not settle for less.