Who though they would get the Bionic?

Vakharn

Reaction score
Who thought they would get the Bionic?

Did you plan on buying the Bionic but now plan to switch providers given the new information regarding the ridiculous prices Verizon intends to charge for data? I probably will be switching to Sprint. They still have unlimited data (albeit for $10 more a month than I'm currently paying, but with unlimited texting, which I never use). They have the Evo 3d which is a great phone, and the second best 4g even if it is second by a wide margin one can hope that it will improve. I'm sure they'll eventually switch to a teired plan too, but at least I'll be able to enjoy it for 2 years. If I could buy a thunderbolt today I would despite the horrible battery life just to lock myself in for 2 years of verizon 4g but I can't because my early upgrade isn't until August.

EDIT:
It looks like all this concern may in fact be in vain. Information indicating that Verizon would grandfather everyone with an unlimited data plan regardless of upgrade has leaked before but this looks about as concrete as you can get: http://www.androidcentral.com/verizons-new-data-plans-broken-down-complete-detail

So rejoice Bionic hopefuls, it looks like as long as you have unlimited data on a smartphone now you'll keep it after an upgrade even going from 3g to 4g.

Last edited:

jchammer123

Reaction score
I'm with you! I've been planning on switching to Sprint ever since Verizon announced this months ago. I like the phones that Sprint has better, and they seem to be embracing the Android development community more with phones like the Nexus S and more developer phones to come. Verizon just seems like they are trying to control every move we make on our phones, which sucks because I've been with Verizon for almost 10 years. The cost to be on Verizon's "amazing" network is continuously getting more expensive and I get so much more for less money on Sprint. Plus, I'm in a large city so the difference in the networks is not much. I don't worry about the 4G much because, most of the time I use data, I'm on wifi anyways.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was all set to switch to Sprint in 5 days when the evo 3d came out. I asked my friend about Sprint and another who has Sprint. They told me NOT to get sprint because they missed calls and dropped calls like nobodies business. I am about 45 mins east of Rochester NY. I am sure Sprint is better in major cities but my one friend lives in Syracuse and says Sprint is horrible their too, so now I do not know what to do. I am thinking about getting a phone before the tiered data hits. Prolly the inc2. Why get a 4g phone when I'll always be on wifi, because I will be worried about using too much data. We are stuck once again by corporate america.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Verizon has the best service where I live. I can Not leave Verizon.. Sprint and AT&T services Horrible here.. I will stick with the Bionic or go with the GS2 if it is LTE 4G.

Reaction score
You forgot the option of locking in a 4g plan then just buying the bionic at retail -**GASP**- I hate that vzw is doing this to us. Anyone who bought the D1 on release day can update july 6th plans are allegedly changing the 7th. Perhaps jump on best buys 30 day return policy and hope for a miracle with the DB?

Al Neri

Reaction score
I was just at a Verizon retailer not even a week ago and the highly knowledgeable staff advised me that the Bionic isn't even being made. I feel like such a fool for getting my hopes up for this phone. Gonna rock my D1 til the wheels come off.

Reaction score
I was just at a Verizon retailer not even a week ago and the highly knowledgeable staff advised me that the Bionic isn't even being made. I feel like such a fool for getting my hopes up for this phone. Gonna rock my D1 til the wheels come off.

Completely inaccurate.. The first warning sign is you calling the verizon retail staff "highly knowledgeable" <~~red flag. Secondly I guess all the pics,leaks, confirmations from trusted sources are all for not.

Next we'll talk about the weather machine the government uses to create man made natural disasters.:r_c:

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Not going to Sprint. Unless I want to live by a window or outside.

My whole family has Sprint and they have to go outside to make calls all the time. Or leave their phones by a window to get txts or calls.

Plus I've heard of issues with sprints nexus s radio.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
I already forgot big red plans...........are they doing away with unlimited data, or raising the price? I'm paying $30 / month for unlimited data.

And yes, I'm still planning on getting the bionic.

Sent from my indestructible OG Droid

Al Neri

Reaction score
I was just kidding. Before finding this forum I just took it for granted that a guy selling these phones for a living would know something about them. I have been following the bionic for a couple of months now. My jaw almost hit the floor when the guy told me that Verizon had dropped it from upcoming projects. He said it like I was an idiot for asking about it and not being in the know. When my upgrade comes out I intend to wait til that guy is in their to buy it from him.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
My friend works at Verizon. What she tells the customers and what she tells me are two different things. They were probably told not to talk about the Bionic and to push the current phones.

Standalone010

Reaction score
I'm fairly sure that what I read from droid life is that if you're currently locked into either a 3g/4g plan, you'll be fine. For example, my upgrade is July 10th. From what I've read from DL, since I'm already in a 3g plan, ill also be grandfathered into a 4g unlimited plan.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
But I think you have to sign a new contract when you upgrade your device and may have to accept the new tiered data terms.

Sent from my fascinate