Phone not loading

Hobo

Reaction score
Ok so first thing, hey all been lurking around since I got my droid to keep updated on the cool stuff so thanks there

The problem is that I had just installed Rom Manager off marketplace got clockwork installed(replacing sprecovery) and was going to install the Cyanogen rom, I clicked this and left to go do something that came up when I returned my phone was in initial boot screen(DMupdater is installed) it would not leave this screen. After booting up recovery mode I checked nanroid to see that my backups are not there since I just did the clockwork figured thats why. At this point I was just going to wipe everything and start fresh(Factory/cache wipe), while this allowed the phone to load(I still showed DM logo which I thought/hoped would be gone lol) but what happens at this point is a FC of a google process(Its not booting past logo again otherwise I would give specific) when I try to sign into my gmail and then it takes me back to login. I cannot leave this page but if something pops up in task bar or I rcv a phone call I can access them, and when I leave back to login page.

So at this point I'd say I messed stuff up enough and am praying that Its recoverable

Thanks in advance

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
You can find a ROM with an update.zip format put it on the root of your sdcard and load through clockwork recovery. I forget under what menu the mount usb storage option is, but that will allow you to tranfer the file from your pc to Droid. then install the .zip, wipe data and cache before you install and you should be fine.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
Hobo

Hobo

Reaction score
You can find a ROM with an update.zip format put it on the root of your sdcard and load through clockwork recovery. I forget under what menu the mount usb storage option is, but that will allow you to tranfer the file from your pc to Droid. then install the .zip, wipe data and cache before you install and you should be fine.

Wooo I thought correctly, thanks for the quick response

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
No problem. Did you get it fixed?

OP
Hobo

Hobo

Reaction score
Yes and no, installed it, booted up and got past the sign in part.

Now my previously half full battery shows as dead and the phone restarts shortly after its done booting

Removed the battery and tried it and it still shuts off(using jrummy)

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
sounds like just a dead battery. let it charge on the wall for a while then see if it boots up

OP
Hobo

Hobo

Reaction score
Thought it got fried for a bit, cause it literally went from 50%-0% charge and the red light would not gtfo along with the constant restarts.

Turned it on this morning again after a couple restarts it stayed on and came up that SD card was corrupt and needed to be formatted that being done things are going smoothly atm. Ill edit/post if something comes up