finding update package...
opening update package...
verifying update package...
e:eocd marker occurs after start of eocd
e:signature verification faild
installation aborted

Mikejl

Reaction score
Where did you find the stock update.zip to work with the stock recovery utility?

I could be very wrong, but I'm thinking that the only one that will work is the one from the DMUPDATER.

Mike

Last edited:
OP
droiduser5

droiduser5

Reaction score
rootyourdroid.info

Re-downloaded a different update.zip that should be able to root 2.0.1 and I get:

--Install from sdcard..
Finding update package...
E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcb1k0p1 (or /dev/block/mmcblk0)
(Invalid argument)
E:Can't mount SDCARD:update.zip
Installation aborted.

Last edited:
OP
droiduser5

droiduser5

Reaction score
1. Installed RSD Lite on a new laptop, set it up with the drivers and threw a 2.0.1 .sbf on there (different download than where I had gotten the previous one).

2. Flashed the 2.0.1 .sbf [TWICE] to my phone.

3. Tried to run the update.zip from rootyourdroid.info, did not work and was getting the errors listed a couple posts above.

4. Battery pull, let it sit for 15 minutes, reformatted the SD card

5. Flashed the .sbf again.

6. Let it boot while connected to my laptop, the familiar droid/Droid eye came back after a couple minutes.

... *DROIDDDDDDDDD* sound!

I couldn't believe it. Signed into my gmail and everything seems to be running smoothly. Going to let the battery charge normally again before I try to root (I think I will root with the DMUpdater).

So, in the end, it was the .sbf flash that saved it. Just had to reflash a few more times on a random whim.

THANK YOU to everyone who contributed or read this thread. The tried and tested tricks worked in the end, with a little bit of patience and persistence. You guys rock! :icon_ banana::heart::motdroidhoriz:

ps. DO NOT TRY THE JIT ENABLER APP IN THE ANDROID MARKET!

Last edited:
OP
droiduser5

droiduser5

Reaction score
Update:

After getting Cyan up and running and reinstalling apps, I tried to set up my Google Voice and it froze while signing in. It then looped and I'm stuck at the M logo again. Something in this device is fried. I'll just wait for the replacement.

sneakking

Reaction score
Update:

After getting Cyan up and running and reinstalling apps, I tried to set up my Google Voice and it froze while signing in. It then looped and I'm stuck at the M logo again. Something in this device is fried. I'll just wait for the replacement.

This was a VERY interesting thread...I had similar problems, which I may detail further, but I DLed an overclock that did not work when my battery went dead, the computer couldn't charge it and the wall wouldn't charge it, much like droiduser5

i tried every conceivable combination, but would always lose battery life when i was close to restoring my phone...until i found this:

:::HOW TO FLASH A PHONE WITH "BATTERY LOW CANNOT PROGRAM":::

this was very simple and if you are careful it allows you to fool the droid into thinking it has a full battery...I was able to restore and now am charging up the dead battery

if anyone has any questions let me know, but use this as a last resort before giving up hope:)

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
too late now since flashing tried but when this exact thing happened to me I had to boot so safe mode and use app manager to uninstall jit.

G

gavron

too late now since flashing tried but when this exact thing happened to me I had to boot so safe mode and use app manager to uninstall jit.

1. How did you use safe mode on a droid?

2. How did you use app-manager to uninstall a ROM?

I hope the cat in the tree you rescued did well.

Thanks!

E

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
To get to safe mode power off and when you power on hold down the menu key on the physical keyboard. This runs the phone with no downloaded apps.

App manager won't uninstall a rom. JIT is a program that is supposed to speed up the operating system.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk