Think I bricked my phone :(

DurangoJim

Reaction score
Long story short I tried to go back to stock from Cyanongen 5.05. You can see the issues I have here Now my phone only shows the circular motorola logo and I can't boot into recovery mode by holding down the x. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I think you didn't brick it, if that helps.

Often times a boot issue is a result of a low battery. Is it plugged into a wall now, charging?

I know you can't hit power-x to get to sprecovery but can you get through the steps in the 3rd link in my signature?

edit: it also can get confusing when starting multiple threads for the same issue. You were getting good advice in the other thread. This link may also help you out: How to unroot cyanogenmod

Please do post in both threads to let folks know how you made out with SBF. That helps both those who were helping as well as those who might get stuck after you with the same issues.

RoLa

Reaction score
hey christim, How was I doing over there? I was just going over everything I did when I was in that position. I hope he figures it out:)...

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
hey christim, How was I doing over there? I was just going over everything I did when I was in that position. I hope he figures it out:)...

You were doing fine. I thought I'd just link the two threads together when I realized he created a new thread without telling you:)

That's what's great about this place. No matter what you do to your phone (well, almost) someone else has done already. Good chance it needs a charge but I'm interested if the boot dpad-up will work anyways and let him sbf.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I noticed there was issue with reading the sd card to flash sprecovery.

If you are still trying to do that (I am a little lost), you can push it to /data/local and flash it from there. First mount your data partition from clockwork. If you cannot get into recovery and have adb installed:

Code:
adb reboot recovery

Then after mounting the data partition:

Code:
adb push recoveryimage /data/local/recoveryimage
flash_image recovery /data/local/recoveryimage

Where recoveryimage is the name if your sprecovery file.

hodgewdm

Reaction score
I had this happen to me too. I got lucky and found my way out since im a newb. I somehow found the restore nandroid backup in the clockworkmod recovery..the phone restored to that backup which put me in droidmod rom then went back to stock using dm updater...whew...think i'll just wait for the official 2.1 now...

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Long story short I tried to go back to stock from Cyanongen 5.05. You can see the issues I have here Now my phone only shows the circular motorola logo and I can't boot into recovery mode by holding down the x. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

WELL!!!?????????? Did anyone's suggestions help you?!!

OP
D

DurangoJim

Reaction score
Well guys, I'm happy to report that the unroot/unbrick steps got me through it. The low battery was the reason the phone wouldn't get off the moto screen, and I'm still not sure why DM updater wouldn't write SPR to my phone but it's working great now and I think I'll be waiting for the official 2.1 release before I try to root my phone again. A big thank you to everyone who helped me out on this, especially Roladroid and christim!!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well guys, I'm happy to report that the unroot/unbrick steps got me through it. The low battery was the reason the phone wouldn't get off the moto screen, and I'm still not sure why DM updater wouldn't write SPR to my phone but it's working great now and I think I'll be waiting for the official 2.1 release before I try to root my phone again. A big thank you to everyone who helped me out on this, especially Roladroid and christim!!

See despite what everybody else says I say wait for 2.1. They'll have that rooted in no time and then we can explore that if we so desire.

RoLa

Reaction score
..:heart:.....You're welcome glad you got it fixed

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
Very Nice Job People !!!
Members helping Members, does it get better than that?
You guys did some great troubleshooting for the OP.
Nice to see it come to a good Solution too :icon_ banana::icon_ banana: