MAJOR issue - Help needed ASAP

Discussion in 'Android Support' started by Dan at Marquette, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Dan at Marquette

Ratings:
    +0
    I just loaded Pete's BB 0.4, smooth as silk. Install took me inside 10 minutes total to wipe data/cache 3x, everything loaded up, life was good. The market even reinstalled all of my apps.

I went into ROM Manager, flashed clockwork and wanted to use one of Chevy's Froyo Kernels since this one was running really hot and I had awesome luck with Chevy's on earlier ROMs. It asks to go into clockwork to complete installation. Fine.

It got stuck at the M boot logo. No big deal, right? So I battery pull, try to boot into recovery. No go. I can boot into bootloader, but I've never used that before, and every computer in my house is a Mac. I'm pretty sure most have said that you need a Windows computer to run bootloader through the USB, but I'm not sure. So right now I'm unofficially bricked. Anyone have any ideas?

2. pc747

pc747 Regular Member
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +7,478
    You do not need to run bootloader. Just install the froyo rom through recovery, wipe data/cache, reboot.

3. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Yeah, you need to load RSD Lite to install SPRecovery and you can't do that with a Mac unless you have boot camp and a copy of Windows.

I don't think you're screwed though. I don't know much about Clockwork so hopefully one of the guys can help you through it.

4. pc747

pc747 Regular Member
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +7,478
  5. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    He said he couldn't boot into recovery.

6. mkraffert

mkraffert Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Have you tried booting into Safe Mode? If you do a battery pull, hold the center of the D-Pad and power up the phone will go into Safe Mode. I don't know if that will work for a kernel issue, but I've had it work when I hosed my launcher and it couldn't boot to a place where I could do anything with the phone. It might work for hanging at the M. No promises though.

7. lumpysherman

lumpysherman Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I used win xp in parallels on my mac to work with rsdlite. Golden like a **ower.

8. pc747

pc747 Regular Member
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +7,478
    My bad, miss that I read it and thought he said he could get into recovery.

9. kole

kole New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i've had this happen to me a few times before with sprecovery, i've always been able to bootup into normal mode when i cant get into recovery. if you use rom manager from now on try putting the setting to erase recovery before installing another recovery.

10. Dan at Marquette

Ratings:
    +0
    Alright after following the tutorial through, I think we're okay. Thanks for the help, gentlemen (and any ladies?). Now to find a kernel that doesn't run way hot for BB Froyo, and will actually boot for me...