Osama Bin Laden has been killed

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
Please keep this civil !!!!
Please keep political statements out of this conversation !!!

This thread is Open, And will continue to stay open as long as everyone keeps it CIVIL !!!

Mod's please do not close this thread. It is ADMIN approved, and in the proper section of "Off Topic"

To all our members, This is only a discussion about him, Bin Laden being taken out by our troups. About his death!

Please do not spin this into anything political.

Please don't spin this into anything hateful or anything you would not want your daughters, wives, minor children, mothers to read. This thread will be watched for this type of content. Infractions and or banning will result if anyone spins this thread out of control !!!

OP
OneTenderRebel

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
As the details are slowly but surely being put out to the public you realize just how skilled this mission was. I can't express the amount of respect I have for our military, especially these special ops soldiers. This group happened to be Navy Seals. When I lived in Virginia Beach I had the privileged of meeting many members of the military and a few who were Navy Seals. Again I am not celebrating a man's death per say but I am celebrating a great injustice finally made right. The world is a better place today than it was yesterday. Yes tensions will be at an all time high for some time to come as I said earlier but don't think for a second this doesn't send a HUGE message to terrorist organizations around the globe.

sacnotsack

Reaction score
I'm surprised to see this being discsuued in Droid Frorums, I'm even more supplied that it wasn't moved by other moderators out of the Droid General Forum, it has nothing to do with Droids.

No disrespect, but that's why this thread was started in "Off Topic" section of Droid forums, because it is off topic.

Sent from Marine Corps Air Station Yuma, Az

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
I'm surprised to see this being discsuued in Droid Frorums, I'm even more supplied that it wasn't moved by other moderators out of the Droid General Forum, it has nothing to do with Droids.

No disrespect, but that's why this thread was started in "Off Topic" section of Droid forums, because it is off topic.

Sent from Marine Corps Air Station Yuma, Az

It Hook's defense, somehow this did end up in General. Not sure of it was a Cross post. Hook moved back to OT where it was originally started. The evidence I see in the forum is that a thread of the same name was in General and moved to OT.

So Don't bash hook for doing his job, that he does so well.

All is well, the thread is reopened. And in its proper place in the forums.

mike02vr6

Reaction score
Osama got Obamanated!!!!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

The troops deserve the credit...not Obama. Don't care your political affiliation, but place credit where it is due. God Bless our troops.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Admin Edit: Please keep this civil !!!!
Please keep political statements out of this conversation !!!
I agree 100% give the credit to the guys on the ground, we have the worlds best Military. Only thing Osama did by running was die tired, we were gonna get him one day.

Last edited:

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
^ I guess this is why political threads are not allowed...

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Didn't they like send the body out to sea though? Whats with that?

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score

From what I understand they didn't want a burial site on land to become a physical shrine for more Al-Qaeda members. By burying it at sea, they essentially wiped him off the face of the earth...

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

From what I understand they didn't want a burial site on land to become a physical shrine for more Al-Qaeda members. By burying it at sea, they essentially wiped him off the face of the earth...

Understoon. Makes sence, but I sure cant wait to hear conspiracy theorists have a swing at that one haha..

I also love how on news stations people keep accidentally saying Obama instead of Osama. I would love to see a John Stewart news montage clip about how Obama is now dead. (in their defence, the names are quite similar haha)

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score

Understoon. Makes sence, but I sure cant wait to hear conspiracy theorists have a swing at that one haha..

I also love how on news stations people keep accidentally saying Obama instead of Osama. I would love to see a John Stewart news montage clip about how Obama is now dead. (in their defence, the names are quite similar haha)

haha yeah the names are similar

as for the conspiracy theories, yeah that's definitely going to come around eventually. however, according to the news outlets, the state dept is weighing whether or not to release the photos of osama after his death to quell some of that (although even with the release it wont stop the conspiracy theorists completely)....

OP
OneTenderRebel

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
yeah I have heard from a couple of news outlets that they had several very strict goals while killing him to prove without a shadow of a doubt it really was him. I don't know what they were but apparently they did several things other than just take photos to prove it.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Not a political statement, just a really funny gif:

tumblr_lkjsa0vvlq1qzu2tdo1_400.gif

mike02vr6

Reaction score
apparently he had a sister that lived in the USA and died from cancer in Boston Mass, they got a warrant and seized her brain for DNA comparison. Thats what I had heard last night and then again today on ABC channels local and national

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Statement

First, I apologize for closing the thread. I want you guys to understand how I work.

I am constantly involved in the Forum, I force myself off every night at 10:00 pm but all through the day and the evening I'm here.

If in the middle of the night I get up for any reason I will check the Forum. I could be half asleep but if I see a reported post or anything that looks unusual I will take care of it.

When I came across this thread, which I don't care how you slice or dice it is a political and religious thread I was sort of shocked. Not so much that it was brought up but because somehow it was in the the Droid General Discussion.

Jim already explained that to you.

I moved it off topic and I felt the tone of the discussion even now was political. So that's why I closed it. I didn't go to the front page to see that Jim had gave the thumbs up to go ahead with it. I mean I'm dedicated but at 4 am I'm just going to take care of business and go back to bed.

So again I apologize for what happened. This will be the only post I make, I hope you can appreciate where I'm coming from.

I'm thrilled they killed him. That's all that matters to me. Have a good discussion. God bless America.

OP
OneTenderRebel

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hook no need to apologize, you are constantly working to make this forum run as efficiently as possible, and we all appreciate that!