[Exclusive] Droid Bionic Confirmation for Early August in Verizon Database Leak

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
droid-bionic-cellbrite.jpg

We have an exciting exclusive for you today! Miami1683, one of our best tipsters, and a long-time admin here on the forums, just brought us a hot tip from one of his insider sources. The above pic of the Verizon internal "CelleBrite" database system, along with intel gathered from his source, all but officially confirm an early August release for the Motorola Droid Bionic. From what his source indicates, testing units for the device are already in the hands of testers, and everything looks on target for the early August time-frame.

The flagship Motorola phone with dual-core processor, LTE, 1GB Ram, and 4.5-Inch display, has gone through multiple incarnations but is now almost upon us folks! dancedroid

Source: DroidForums.net & BionicForums.net Exclusive

pandabear

Reaction score
It's about time... I can't wait to get rid of this POS thunderbolt!!!! :icon_evil:

impulse89

Reaction score
Isnt the old bionic the XT865? I thought the new one had a slightly different designation?

Suuperflie

Reaction score
So, wich is it? A 4.3 or 4.5 inch display? It seems it changes with every new piece of info.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

kd.android

Reaction score
I'm not so sure about this one... For weeks now, we've been reading that the designation for the Bionic in Verizon's system would be XT875. Meaning no disrespect to the OP or the "tipster" but are we sure the CelleBrite system snapshot isn't one of the never released version?

Nonetheless, I still believe we will see an early August release as the OP suggests. I'm just not so sure the image shown here is showing us evidence of the to-be released Bionic.

Just my $.02.

\kd

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The intel is still good

To defend Miami's tip, the leak isn't bogus. The Droid-Life story you are referring to didn't have time-frames from its tipster for the Bionic, but this one did. Furthermore, Miami's source indicated that test units were in people's hands, which indicates things are further along than the Droid-Life story.

I can understand your comparison, because the pictures are almost identical, but the info to go along with the new pic is valid and more "up-to-date". The pic is simply part of the story to help validate that the info is more likely to be accurate. Don't shoot the messenger please. ;)

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Valid Points

I'm not so sure about this one... For weeks now, we've been reading that the designation for the Bionic in Verizon's system would be XT875. Meaning no disrespect to the OP or the "tipster" but are we sure the CelleBrite system snapshot isn't one of the never released version?

Nonetheless, I still believe we will see an early August release as the OP suggests. I'm just not so sure the image shown here is showing us evidence of the to-be released Bionic.

Just my $.02.

\kd

You make a valid point that the designation attached to the device is the older one, but that doesn't necessarily mean that is the incorrect device. I don't know about you guys, but I have seen many companies in my day that didn't necessarily update their internal information on a regular basis when working on up-coming products. If everyone already knows what device they are working on, and they never intend the info to "leak" out, then busyness and laziness could very well keep them from bothering to change it. Just a theory...

kellex

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hate to burst a bunch of bubbles, but that's the OLD Bionic. You want XT875. And yes, we had this cellebrite image a while ago. :p

Chocula78

Reaction score
If the screen is 4.5" I think I might pass and go get the Droid 3. 4.3" is big enough, but 4.5" is unmanageable for me. A guy at work has the ATT Infuse 4G by Samsung with 4.5" screen and it's like holding a small tablet.

That size screen may work for some people, but is just too much for me.

Also, when will we get the Galaxy S2? That seems like it could be better than the bionic.

Suuperflie

Reaction score
Hate to burst a bunch of bubbles, but that's the OLD Bionic. You want XT875. And yes, we had this cellebrite image a while ago. :p

Hate to burst your bubble, but please read all posts before deciding to show your knowledge. The Op already explained the difference between now and then. All we can do now is wait for more info to follow.