It’s Official: Flash Coming in Froyo

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Re: It’s Official: Flash Coming in Froyo

You are quite the expert on this subject it seems Hugh. Not trying to call you out but why can't you just let people be excited about this? Maybe you are right, maybe not, no need to suck the excitement out of the air.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Its because you're in the news section of the forum where you have never been able to edit your posts...

I can edit mine (and Yours)....Oh, Wait....:D

nagmier

Reaction score
You are quite the expert on this subject it seems Hugh. Not trying to call you out but why can't you just let people be excited about this? Maybe you are right, maybe not, no need to suck the excitement out of the air.

Because its the internet....

I can't wait to see what 2.2 holds for us... even though I'm skeptical it will happen anytime soon and I also think the devs will get ROMs out there sooner than moto or vzw will even announce they are working on them.

I'm happy on 2.1 (rooted running chevyno1 3.1) for now...

I can't see people getting a new set just to have one... the hardcore people will but that isn't going to be a significant number most of us can't afford full retail for a new phone every couple months

Hugh Jass

Reaction score

Because it'll be just like 2.1;

.Frank: Yo guys party at my house, 9pm Beer included.
.Everyone: WOOOOo!!
.(9pm) Yo frank where's the beer?
.Frank: Well my bad guys, but mom won't sign the invoice for the kegs, so the guy won't unload them off the truck. Maybe next week?
.Everyone: :mad:

It's going to be the exact same thing again.

Technoman

Reaction score

Hugh,
You are quite adamant in your post about what is "going" to happen. Flash is coming from Adobe, and is not dependent on any push by Verizon, Motorola, HTC, or other. It is HIGHLY likely that Adobe will post 10.1 on the market in the time frames that they have stated (by end of 1H). The word "fully supported" in relation to Froyo IMO means that some level of additional support will come when Froyo is released.

Again, this is MY OPINION that is based on statements made by Adobe execs. What are you basing your statements on?

Hugh Jass

Reaction score

Hugh,
You are quite adamant in your post about what is "going" to happen. Flash is coming from Adobe, and is not dependent on any push by Verizon, Motorola, HTC, or other. It is HIGHLY likely that Adobe will post 10.1 on the market in the time frames that they have stated (by end of 1H). The word "fully supported" in relation to Froyo IMO means that some level of additional support will come when Froyo is released.

Again, this is MY OPINION that is based on statements made by Adobe execs. What are you basing your statements on?

Opinion of course.

Also flash is only capable of being used in a browser, no? I just figured Froyo was being packaged with flash built in to the browser in the update, meaning a simultaneous release because any support would have to be all of it in that case right? I'm not aware of any other use for flash besides browser web content. If I'm right in assuming that Flash is only browser based then it only implies a simultaneous release, no?

Even if the Flash we get can play audio/video in specific format, would it be worth a global announcement for this "fully supported" statement?

D

davidjmorin

Re: It’s Official: Flash Coming in Froyo

We shall wait and see I guess haha

MdicnMan

Reaction score
At the risk of reaching to make connections, I wonder if the Sirius/XM release in May is assuming that FroYo and Flash will be present.

This is all great speculation of course, but I just don't know if I have the energy to read 2200 posts that say "Where's my 2.2?" :)

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
One, no date was given.

The 19th is just the I/O conference.

IF google pushed out froyo onn the 19th, it will be 2-3 months before we see it on the droid, unless someone ports it over from the loaded droids google gives out.

I don't see it happening then myself.

But it figured it would either be released on it's own as a browser p[lug in, or with a android update.

HarshReality

Reaction score
OK, here is my take on this..
I've seen 'release' and reference to June, July and even end of the year. From the time of this reply that is 3-4 or even 6 months. So I have this:

Top 10 Mobile Phones » News » Android 2.2 set for May launch?

Version 2.2 of Google's Android smartphone platform will be released in May, with the Google Nexus One reportedly in line to be the first phone to get the update.

For those who have difficulty with linear time that is NEXT month meaning 1 month or less.

Does this mean that the release will be on your phone.. No. This does mean that it 'should' be public in terms of the source code. As such Ive seen ROM developers do a build within 48 hours of this happening so I would go so far as to speculate that there will be a ROM of it within 7 days.

Does this mean 'Flash' will be built in.. Unlikely as its proprietary but much like the SenseUI it will most likely be supported by the browser application and going to adobe's site will move forward in an install.

So.. moving forward here we come to twoinalienable facts.
1. Adobe has been boasting this since LAST YEAR. And it hasnt come about. I would speculate they were trying to get a bite of the apple and using Android as a bargaining chip and as the apple failed they chose to finally deliver but Adobe denies and hold up for this or any other reason.

2. Updates beyond those of source NEVER go on schedule. So, if your rooted and a ROM hunter you could go with it in 2 months IF Adobe holds up their end. But if your a straight arrow you may very well be waiting till the end of the year.

I am on the first leg and a ROM hunter so for straight arrows I'll let you know how, when and if it goes planned :)

Sorry if this has been hashed over again and again but I went through 4 pages of this thread and felt ill from all the back and forth...