Support Nashville, TN

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by pc747, May 6, 2010.

1. pc747

pc747 DF Administrator Staff Member Rescue Squad

My home town is under water. Though I and my family are ok others are not. Please let us help the people in this area. I know the economy is rough and people are trying to hunker down on money. But I pledge on here to give up all my fast food/junk food money in support of the families. Because just as the economy is hard on us; it is also hard on them, and now their home and jobs are under water.

This is the link to the local red cross in Nashville, TN.

__________________________________________________ _______________
    EDIT: This thread has been moved to General Discussion by JimMariner/ADMIN

Please Help if you can,
    This has approved by "JimMariner" to be here,
    Mod's Please leave this thread alone.

Thanks
    Jim
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2010
  2. etx_droid

etx_droid New Member

Thanks for this, my Cousin and her husband live in Nashville and their house was severely damaged as well as their vehicles. Thank God they are safe, but the cleanup is going to be a pain! Even if you can't help out a quick prayer (or if you don't believe in prayer a quick thought) helps!
  3. littlerick

littlerick New Member

thanks for posting this, i live in west tn (near jackson) and we got some damage but it looks alot worse in nashville. they are gonna need a lot of help in all the clean up and damages.
  4. dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad Premium Member

God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    Thanks for posting this and I hope you and yours have a speedy recovery process from the floods. Our best friend and his wife live in Murfeesboro and own a business in Nashville. They lost everything at both their house and business, including vehicles so I too understand the devastation there in TN. If everyone here on the forum would pitch in just $10. we could make a big impact on those affected in TN.
  5. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

I havent been watching the news lately. I missed this.... Everyone affected will be in my prayers.
  6. RedBull

RedBull New Member

I also have a friend in Murfreesboro and she was unaffected but she told me about others who have been.

What I'm curious about is...when Haiti had their issue...Verizon stepped up and let us send a text that made a $10 donation...

Maybe it's time they do it again for Tennessee?
  7. Romple

Romple New Member

I believe you can text "REDCROSS" to 90999 to donate $10 to disaster relief.

https://american.redcross.org/site/SPageServer?pagename=ntld_nolnav_text2help
  8. RedBull

RedBull New Member

9. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

Nashville is pretty bad but it's nothing compared to Hickman Co. (Centerville especially). My parents have a small farm in Lyles and that whole area was hit BAD. Still little to NO water and most of what is flowing is contaminated.
  10. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

My brother lives just outside of Nashville and it is pretty bad. He had a couple days without power but everything else is just under water.
  11. BeaverPuncher

BeaverPuncher New Member

yeah it was pretty bad almost 75 % of the roads in williamson county were closed it sucked getting around. They just opened my road today.
  12. qoncept

qoncept New Member

Our house in Iowa was flooded in 2008. It's a horrible experience, and we were in a better position than a lot of people. I spent 3 weeks working on cleaning the house out from sunrise to sunset, then 3 months (plus all of our savings, all of the peanuts FEMA gave us, and all of the money my family could give) repairing it. But some people aren't lucky enough to have a house still standing and can be repaired or to have the money to do it.

I can tell you from experience that if you are going to donate money, Red Cross is the way to go. Just about anywhere else you donate money is a swindling black hole that does next to nothing for the victims. But if you have more time than money, these people could use strong backs more than cash.
  13. VolDroid

VolDroid New Member

I live just outside of Nashville in Rutherford county. Luckily our house was spared but they did shut our city down on Sat. No one could get in or out because all the roads had flooded. Our soccer park here is still under water with no telling how long it will take to drain it out since all the other rivers have to go down before it can drain out.
  14. Thach

Thach New Member

Living in a place that floods every year I feel your pain. My heart and wishes go out to everyone in that area. Its amazing to me that there are not a lot of people that know about the flooding and what has been going on. Whats even stranger is that I heard about it on a hockey blog before I saw it in the news which to me is just disturbing. Its things like this that really bring a community together and in the end after all the bad, your community will become stronger. If there is anything that you or your family needs, please feel free to let me know. I have made some money donations already but I could just as quickly get some care packages together and have them sent out as well. Just let me know what is needed and I will do my best to get them sent out.
  15. Roosterkane

Roosterkane New Member

Nashville

Im brand new to this site because I just bought a new DROID today..My old DARE died..Anyway I live here in Nashville and I have spent the past 4 days helping and cleaning up neighborhoods. I work for the Nashville Fire Dept and it has been total devestation. It is a total mess and we have a long way to go. My grandmothers house was a total loss. Luckily I live in an area where the water didnt get high. But thousands of people weren't s lucky Thank you all for your heart felt wishes and prayers. We Nashvillians need them,,
    Now help me with my new DROID...LOL
  16. Rated_R

Rated_R New Member

I live in a part of Nashville that was semi unaffected. Close to Opry Mills. It was hit hard.

Out of tragedy come hope and community. Notice Nashville had little to no riots or looting.
  17. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

Yeah... that's probably why it has gotten such little national coverage compared to some other places in the past.

Anyone else find it hilarious that 'you know who' hasn't bothered to schedule a visit to get voters (not that any of the locals would care if he did :rofl3:)
  18. pc747

pc747 DF Administrator Staff Member Rescue Squad

????????? you kno who..I have 2 names in mind....but im lost...

with that said just want to find ways to help our city.
  19. jbrock98

jbrock98 New Member

Yeah its crazy, I'm lucky no damage for me but if i drive a couple miles there's hard hit areas with families that's lost everything....the local sports radio station 104.5 has a deal where if they can reach 10,000 dollars in donations Clay Travis one of the sports talk guys on the 3 hour lunch show is willing to get tazored (idea came from that teenager that got tazed at the Phillies game) so call 615-737-1045 to donate to a good cause and get @ClayTravisBGID tazed
  20. Bigg 27

Bigg 27 New Member

I live in Nashville as well and we were okay like previous posts many are not. Even if you don't believe there are many that do and churches are most often some of the first responders and are the last to leave. Whether by support, time or prayer just remember. My wife and I had actually gone out of town to New Orleans...I credit the people of that city for the thoughts that they gave us after what they had and do still endure.