Original Droid Gets Android 2.3.5 Thanks to Peter Alfonso

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
This is quite interesting... I've been thinking about loading up GPA 16 until I noticed this thread. But the question I have here is: Why isn't this "GPA 17"? (or *is* it?).

I asked Pete a similar question on his webpage, but he hasn't approved the comment yet. I flashed this last night and have yet to come across any issues. It's a good thing too, since I forgot to make a fresh backup before flashing (oops). I'll really be able to assess things over the weekend, however. I'm hoping for the best!

apl3

Reaction score
Well I took the plunge and loaded this up. So far there are no issues seems to run smooth on my OG droid.

DoctorDeDroid

Reaction score
Well I took the plunge and loaded this up. So far there are no issues seems to run smooth on my OG droid.

Does this one also require the customary "wipe phone three times, factory reset, and swing a bag of chicken entrails over your head" while reciting today's Dilbert cartoon when coming from a stock D1? ;-)

tuffD1

Reaction score
I downloaded this too but I ended up installing gpa16. Maybe I will swap it out later. So far, the visual difference alone is good change from froyo.

Phreaker47

Reaction score
I would need to be convinced this is significantly better than the latest Simply Stunning (2.3.4). Otherwise, no use bothering.

xubench

Reaction score
Quick 2.3.5 Question

I just flashed the new ROM on my original Droid and just have a quick question. After rebooting, my phone has been showing the Droid eye and logo only ... constantly acting like it is loading or something.

Did I do something wrong or does this process take some time to load the new ROM?

Thanks for any assistance.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just flashed the new ROM on my original Droid and just have a quick question. After rebooting, my phone has been showing the Droid eye and logo only ... constantly acting like it is loading or something.

Did I do something wrong or does this process take some time to load the new ROM?

Thanks for any assistance.

If you nuked dalvik-cache before install it may take a long time (several minutes) to boot. If it's more than five minutes something went wrong on install.

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P

If you haven't already, you can try to do a battery pull. Leave it out for 20 seconds or so before popping it back in and turning on the phone.

obsquacious

Reaction score
Neato. I was just wondering if anyone would happen to have a link to a nice safe way to get my phone prepared to install this update? I've been looking at some youtube videos, and they leave me kinda confused. I've never rooted before, but each video I look at has a different method of doing it. Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks in advance!

obsquacious

Reaction score
Sorry for the double post, but I know I didn't provide the information about my phone in my post above.
I'm running an original Moto Droid, with stock everything.

Thanks again, and sorry for the double post!

tuffD1

Reaction score
Run a search on this forum for, "Root droid 1 - regardless of OS version". Sorry I can't link it.

Sent from my beat up Droid

xubench

Reaction score
Thanks ... Working Great

If you haven't already, you can try to do a battery pull. Leave it out for 20 seconds or so before popping it back in and turning on the phone.

Sorry, I meant to respond to this a while ago and forgot. Thanks for the help on this. Pulled the battery, let it sit for a bit and when I turned it back on ... everything working great. Love it.

But I do have one more question. Anyone else lose the ability for the camera to focus? All pictures I've taken since the install have been blurry and no way to focus. Just wondering.