Android Gmail App Updated to Version 2.3.5; Improves Performance and Battery Life

BGKris

Reaction score
This sucks. I can't change my gmail notification ring tone anymore. Is there another way to change it besides globally?

Sent from my ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

silverfang77

Reaction score
I just looked through the settings. You're right. All ringtone options are gone from Gmail. This certainly blows.

silverfang77

Reaction score
I'll recommend what I always do in a case like this. Log into your Market account and leave a negative review for Gmail. If enough people do this, Google might get the hint.

srothkin

Reaction score
I just looked through the settings. You're right. All ringtone options are gone from Gmail. This certainly blows.

They're just moved to a different place -- there are now separate notification settings (including ring tone) for each folder under each gmail account.

Menu -> More -> Settings
Under the account settings heading, tap your email account name.
Scroll to the bottom.
Tap Labels to notify.

Now tap Inbox. You can set your notification settings for Inbox.
You can set notification settings for any other label in that email account the same way. It appears that the initial defaults have notifications enabled only for Inbox and Priority Inbox, which would mimic the old behavior.

silverfang77

Reaction score
Thanks for pointing that out to us. I had looked in the settings, but didn't think to dig a little deeper.