Stable Gingerbread ROM for Moto Droid from DroidForums Member 'Peter Alfonso'

guitarman608

Reaction score
too funny!!!:)

Really?

'coding-god'?

wow. so much for keeping religion off of droid forums.

i am so unbelievably offended right now.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

really, really.

when i come to droid forums i don't come looking for news on android, or to check the latest updates from a considerably large and varied group of developers...

i come for political correctness. sterility.

also, i have no sense of humor. furthermore, i have absolutely no idea what sarcasm is.

ps. i like your user name.

thedefectkid

Reaction score
ULTIMATE DROID FTW!! It is by far the best gingerbread rom I have used it owns and is always the besst from him. Shout out to BD!!

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
Lol @ furbearingmammlal ... Pimp your ROM? :) You need to pitch that to MTV. And yes, it's extremely irritating to read people hijacking threads to proclaim their undying love and affection to a developer

Anyways, yeah been testing his stock GB efforts out since he released it and J gotta say, it is definately stable and fully functional. It's perfect for those that prefer stockholders or for anyone wanting a base to build a GB off of. We will be seeing a lot more AOSP GB roms here in the upcoming days. AOSP. 2.3.3 will be released very soon as well.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
let me guess it wont work on droid x?

No, sorry. There's a project to bypass the bootloader in the works, though. In the meantime, look for the upcoming Blur update people are talking about.

/hijack

This came from my brain by way of my finger and my phone. Don't ask where any of them have been. Especially the brain.

silentbob343

Reaction score
I downloaded this a few days ago and wanted to bump up the speed a bit, but all the kernels I tried gave me boot loops or other issues.

Anybody running a 1.1ghz kernel with this ROM?

thedefectkid

Reaction score
Let's please stay on topic, folks. This isn't a thread to pimp your favorite ROM, it's a thread to discuss Pete's Vanilla Gingerbread ROM. Thanks! :)

So this is a thread to pimp Petes ROM? There are other GB roms out there and you should take notice of all and not just one.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Let's please stay on topic, folks. This isn't a thread to pimp your favorite ROM, it's a thread to discuss Pete's Vanilla Gingerbread ROM. Thanks! :)

So this is a thread to pimp Petes ROM? There are other GB roms out there and you should take notice of all and not just one.

You can, but start a thread and do not hijack this one. This thread is about one specific rom.

Coolsaber57

Reaction score

You can, but start a thread and do not hijack this one. This thread is about one specific rom.

But why? Why does Pete get front page when others beat him to GB by a longshot and are just as stable (if not more so)?

I didn't see a FP post when Chevy released SS 5.0? Or Liquid? Or UD? Or CM?

WallyIAm

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge

But why? Why does Pete get front page when others beat him to GB by a longshot and are just as stable (if not more so)?

Because dgstorm took it upon himself to announce Peter's release. Nothing to stop you from creating your own thread about the others.

shmoo

Reaction score
For crying out loud guys! Its not the end of the world that Pete got FP. Its ok really it is. Don't get all pissed just let it be and use whatever ROM you like.

Back on topic I'm going to have give this a try and see how she does!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint

Pretty much what shmoo said. Putting everyone's personal feelings aside, it is what it is, so we have to deal with it.

Speaking of, shmoo, how goes your testing?

guitarman608

Reaction score
STILL DIGGING IT!!

works even better with all the recomended tweaks found in this thread...

i'll donate someting tomorrow when i get paid!! dancedroid