Stable Gingerbread ROM for Moto Droid from DroidForums Member 'Peter Alfonso'

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
'coding-god'?

wow. so much for keeping religion off of droid forums.

i am so unbelievably offended right now.

:rofl3: That was priceless!:icon_ banana:

lol, the completely expected descent into "ROM flamewar" begins.

But yes, Pete I'm sure made a fine product, but it's not the only one out there, and really isn't news. Best policy is to probably not favor one dev over another, unless you want to announce every new developer or developer team that comes out with something, which I'm sure you don't.

^This, OP not to offend but if anything Pete is 'late to the party.' I am currently running an older Pete BB Rom now so I'm not hating but MOST devs had a GB ROM out before Pete so how about some fairness.... Where was the post for Chevy's SS GB Rom the other day (days before Pete's)???

iamasongnow

Reaction score
Really?

'coding-god'?

wow. so much for keeping religion off of droid forums.

i am so unbelievably offended right now.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

really, really.

when i come to droid forums i don't come looking for news on android, or to check the latest updates from a considerably large and varied group of developers...

i come for political correctness. sterility.

also, i have no sense of humor. furthermore, i have absolutely no idea what sarcasm is.

ps. i like your user name.

moosez3

Reaction score
Anyone on the edge try this, best rom I have ever used... for this past hour at least, its just smooth and makes my phone so fast. Im using the stock kernel.

ASN-121

Reaction score
I seriously thought this was a joke. I love and respect what all the devs do, don't get me wrong, but I've been on GB for a long time, and even though Pete was slow to release, he's had his GB port out for some time. I felt I took a step back in time reading the OP...

Reaction score
Blackdroid has had a GB rom out for quite a while now... and his latest is simply amazing

dmartins

Reaction score
I seriously thought this was a joke. I love and respect what all the devs do, don't get me wrong, but I've been on GB for a long time, and even though Pete was slow to release, he's had his GB port out for some time. I felt I took a step back in time reading the OP...

This is a stock Gingerbread 2.3.2 ROM built from AOSP and not from modifying Cyanogenmod 7 sources.
There are no other Stock Gingerbread 2.3.2 ROMs other than this one.
this build was made using the master branch of the AOSP only
This ROM is to be treated as if it were an update straight from Motorola.
Peter Alfonso

UNC

Reaction score
Cyanogenmod 7 has had 2.3 on the droid 1 for over a month now I think... why wasn't that front page news?

I think Cyanogen is perma-banned. So his ROMS don't get front page treatment!!

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

mthorn79

Reaction score

This is a stock Gingerbread 2.3.2 ROM built from AOSP and not from modifying Cyanogenmod 7 sources.
There are no other Stock Gingerbread 2.3.2 ROMs other than this one.
this build was made using the master branch of the AOSP only
This ROM is to be treated as if it were an update straight from Motorola.
Peter Alfonso

This is correct...people are confusing the Cyanogenmod's ROM which is Gingerbread from a Nexus S & tweaked to fit on Droid...hence why they were having issues with the keyboard light (Nexus S doesn't have a keyboard), among other problems.

Like this guy said this is an official AOSP vanilla release w/o any hacks.

This article is kindof wrong when they say this is a "ROM" from Pete...it isn't a ROM, its stock with root access. His ROM is Bugless Beast, which his latest BB doesn't have an actual GB build yet just Froyo/GB pieces.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cyanogenmod 7 has had 2.3 on the droid 1 for over a month now I think... why wasn't that front page news?

We just report em when we see em. We miss em sometimes. ;)

If you ever see anything you think might be news-worthy (and a stable gingerbread port for older phones is pretty cool news for most users), feel free to send me a PM.

Thanks!

Droidarola

Reaction score
i switched from BB to MIUI and love it so far :) sorry BB but im sticking with MIUI battery life was horrible on the BB.