Stable Gingerbread ROM for Moto Droid from DroidForums Member 'Peter Alfonso'

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Droid_Gingerbread.png

Here's an amazing ROM from one of our DroidForums members, Peter Alfonso. This savvy 'coding-god' was able to whip up a stable Gingerbread 2.3.2 ROM that works on your standard Motorola Droid! It even includes his own "AutoOverclock" file to help with the CPU deficiency.

He created this ROM by porting parts from Froyo and doing some custom-coding. He even went to the trouble of adding in the missing Gingerbread themed icons to the landscape lockscreen by creating them in Photoshop. His current build is GPA11 and seems very stable and very slick! This one comes highly recommended! Kudos Peter on a job well done!

Follow the support thread here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/bu...ck-gingerbread-android-2-3-2-build-gpa11.html

Here's the Download Link: Download

Don't forget to support your favorite dev with a small donation, for more information check out his website @ Peter Alfonso

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Way cool! I haven't even rooted yet, but this may be a reason to.

sulloollus

Reaction score
i would love to test this out, too bad my droid had to die today :icon_evil:

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
I've been using Peter Alfonso ROMS for a while now but this is the first one that I've tried that isn't working right. :confused: I've installed the GPA11 ROM over my froyo install and the notification bar never showed up so I tried it again but did a complete wipe and then install and had the same result so I just restored my Froyo backup. I'm not sure why, everything else in the ROM functions but the notification bar is completely gone.

VideoGameMatt

Reaction score
I've been using Peter Alfonso ROMS for a while now but this is the first one that I've tried that isn't working right. :confused: I've installed the GPA11 ROM over my froyo install and the notification bar never showed up so I tried it again but did a complete wipe and then install and had the same result so I just restored my Froyo backup. I'm not sure why, everything else in the ROM functions but the notification bar is completely gone.

i know it seems kind redundant but maybe you should wipe like ten times? You never know there could be some file that got leftover and is what messed it up.

marcogiudice

Reaction score
Ultimate droid did a better job after playing with them both. Pete's likes to redraw a lot. Ud's is kick asssssss best out there. Give it a try and please support your favorite devs!

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
I don't use Cyanogenmod but Gingerbread has been out as one of his ROMs for a while now. Let's give credit to those who started the game as well.

lee__D

Reaction score
fanboys in the world of custom android roms. this site has me smh sometimes

iamasongnow

Reaction score
'coding-god'?

wow. so much for keeping religion off of droid forums.

i am so unbelievably offended right now.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
lol, the completely expected descent into "ROM flamewar" begins.

But yes, Pete I'm sure made a fine product, but it's not the only one out there, and really isn't news. Best policy is to probably not favor one dev over another, unless you want to announce every new developer or developer team that comes out with something, which I'm sure you don't.