Droid Incredible Gingerbread ROM Now Stable

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
[video=youtube;LwQ2hsR-aQw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwQ2hsR-aQw&feature=player_embedded[/video]

The Droid Incredible is a great device, one of the best I have ever played with, and it seems now the best is already receiving the best of Android. After going through 3 versions and builds of the ROM line, the developer is finally confident with his version 4. He releases this with only two issues on the to-do list; the video recording capability being one, and the GPS functionality being the other. This ROM that has taken a couple of weeks to develop and seems to finally is ready for use by the daily goers.

So does anyone here have any plans to do the upgrade? Any other Gingerbread ROMs available that you think is better?

Try it over at XDA
Via Engadget

Sweettooth

Reaction score
Stable and also rather unimpressive. The other video posted previously of Gingerbread running on the Droid X was a lot cooler. It showcased a lot of smoothness and animation throughout the various menus and applications.

ernpend

Reaction score
I'm sure the developer has put a lot of work into the port and is still working on it so I'm not trying to ding these guys. It's thanks to guys like this that we may see Gingerbread on devices before the OEMs get around to updating and I'm very grateful for that. However, "stable" is meaningless if the baseline functionality is inoperable; this is just another beta iteration and while progress is good, I wouldn't consider that newsworthy and I certainly wouldn't consider the ROM "ready for use by the daily goers". For me, the definition of "ready for use by the daily goers" requires that all baseline Android functionality (applicable to the device) works.

missingplugin

Reaction score
I know it seems "unstable", but I have been using it the past couple of days, and it is amazing. It is lighting fast, completely responsive, and it has no FC issues. Most of the problems were solved when I flashed the #21 inviselek kernel. Now he has included it in the download. I also never use navigation, so it isn't a big deal. I would DEFINITELY download this and try it out, you will not be dissapointed trust me. He has an IRC channel up and a bunch of us have been helping him in the testing process so head over to XDA and sign on because it could make the whole thing go by a lot faster.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwQ2hsR-aQw&feature=player_embedded

The Droid Incredible is a great device, one of the best I have ever played with, and it seems now the best is already receiving the best of Android. After going through 3 versions and builds of the ROM line, the developer is finally confident with his version 4. He releases this with only two issues on the to-do list; the video recording capability being one, and the GPS functionality being the other. This ROM that has taken a couple of weeks to develop and seems to finally is ready for use by the daily goers.

So does anyone here have any plans to do the upgrade? Any other Gingerbread ROMs available that you think is better?

Try it over at XDA
Via Engadget

You gotta love what they say over on that forum: "Who ever said we need verizon? Or even htc? When theres something that needs to be done, we do it...and we do it better than anyone else. Im proud to present the first version of the Gingerbread OS ever released for the HTC Incredible."

-Mike