ALERT! 2.2 FroYo Circus continues...FRG01B is Official get it here.

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
With some apps if you move it to SD on stock Froyo you lose the widget. I had to move a couple of music apps back to phone because of this.
Does the same thing happen if you're rooted?"

jsmoke

Reaction score
got a replacement phone yesterday that isl running 2.1 is the ota still going down or is it finished now that everyone has it.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
got a replacement phone yesterday that isl running 2.1 is the ota still going down or is it finished now that everyone has it.

Based on my wife's new Ally, you will still get it. Within 30 minutes of her Ally being activated, she got the 2.1, Rev. 1 update.

TheOldFart

Reaction score

Based on my wife's new Ally, you will still get it. Within 30 minutes of her Ally being activated, she got the 2.1, Rev. 1 update.

Im looking for 2.2 for the Moto droid

I know. I'm just saying that if Verizon sent out an old update to my wife's new Ally less than 30 minutes after she activated it then they would likely do that to all Verizon Android phones.

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
I just got a replacement phone on Monday. Went into settings, check for system updates, and got the notice and the 45mb download.
I wonder if there will be a FRG2.2D full OTA download soon?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint

Im looking for 2.2 for the Moto droid
Download this, name it update.zip, put it on the root of your SD card, boot into recovery, install it.

Bam. FRG01B. http://androidoverdrive.com/pete/OEM/9046f5a3ec09.signed-voles-ota-45394.zip

Billyd

Reaction score
OK, Got my FRG22D finally.

Well I kept an eye out and visited the Market a cpl times a day for a week or so and then finally figured if I quit watching it will get here..

Well of course, on the way home from pool league which is 30mi south I stop in Wally for some early morn shoppin without the crowd.
After I was in there prolly an hr I remembered a txt msg I needed to reply to. When I wake my Droid1 it has a msg that there is an update available but my battery is too low and to place on the charger. Or do it Later, so I just hit the pwr button and put it back to sleep.

When I finally finished and got everything in the car I remembered and placed in on my in car charger cord. The msg appeared again of course and I thought ok I'm only like 15min from the house so I will wait and get on wireless. So as soon as I get home I bring Droid in and place on the charger cord and make sure the wireless is connected and click on the UPDATE NOW button. I went on with bringing in groceries etc. and it didn't seem like it was more than about 5 or 6 mins at the most when I checked it was all fini. It had rebooted at least once as it stated and all looked fine.

My Droid-1 was updated from Froyo 2.2 Build FRG01b, to Froyo2.2 Build FRG22D and all seems well so far.

I had never rooted "that wasn't easy" and tried to keep it fairly clean with ADW as my launcher after the first 2.2 update cause Helix bite the dust.
It was all fine as far as I have seen and don't know of anything missing or malfunctioning as of yet.

When All the dust settles and I have several backups made, then I will be anxious to take a serious look at rooting capabilities.
I'm sure by now there is a thread on this but being that I have followed this thread I figured I would post it up here before I go looking for others experiences.

Oh, Houston, Tx.. in case it matters.
Thanks
X/BillyD..
icon14.gif

Josefius

Reaction score
Got the OTA this morning, working great so far. Stillwater, Oklahoma.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

marcwinnj

Reaction score
Need some help

I had updated to 2.2 using one of the files here before the official version went out over the air. The phone started acting up so i decided to wipe it and restore the stock 2.1 rom and then let the OT updtae take place. All went well with the wipe and download of the 2.2. update but when it goes to install it says the update is not on the SD card. I checked with Astro and there are no large files on the SD card. I have tried the wipe and redownloaded a few times and same. Right now I downloaded the update and did not choose to install it and same thing, there is no update file on the SD card. I have even searched the phone by size and cant find a 77MB file.

The download says it was successful and it verified. Any advice on where the OTA file is stored or where I can find the final final rom to do a manual install.

Thx

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
When you say wipe, do you mean a factory reset? Are you comfortable wiping your phone completely clean? If so, flashing the FRG22D SBF file might be your best bet to just get it the hang over with, but your phone will be set back to OOTB status if you do that, just with the most recent firmware.

I'm assuming you're not rooted, of course, and when you reboot into recovery you get the stock recovery triangle-with-an-!-in-it.

NetNathan

Reaction score
I wanted to get rid of the update warning.
I understood that if I was rooted with SP Recovery it would stop the update after the automatic reboot.
I went to Settings>About Phone>System Updates and selected download.
It did the download and then just sits there. Isn't it suppossed to automatically reboot?
After 5 minutes I manually restarted but nothing happened, just a normal restart.

What I am running is in my sig...

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
So, you're running a 2.1-based ROM. That would explain the update warning. The latest version is either .4 or .5 (Pete started over again with his naming scheme and I haven't been paying too much attention to version numbers after that.) and I know with .4 you had to install a patch to get it to stop trying to download FRG22D (most current FroYo build) every few days.

NetNathan

Reaction score
So, you're running a 2.1-based ROM. That would explain the update warning. The latest version is either .4 or .5 (Pete started over again with his naming scheme and I haven't been paying too much attention to version numbers after that.) and I know with .4 you had to install a patch to get it to stop trying to download FRG22D (most current FroYo build) every few days.

So should I just use ROM Manager to gp to the rooted/stock image named "Verizon Droid 2.2 FRG01B". This should allow me to cancel the update notfication and have a 2.2 based system and still use free WiFi Tether.