Older....Official D1-MIUI-0.12.3.2

jtennis

Reaction score
Help... My miui music has over 200 audio files that aren't my music, most are old files from visual voice mail?
Gallery is also showing lots of extra folders and pics from all over the place?

hoppermi

Reaction score
another quick question, car home is installed but not showing at all, does this rom not work with carhome?

Don't think it does man...in the OP I think there is a link for a zip with those apps in it...
ah no big deal as long as navigation speaks for me its cool, i will just uninstall carhome :p

Car home works fine, there just isn't a launcher from your home screen. put it in the dock and it comes right up.

jellybean420

Reaction score
Help... My miui music has over 200 audio files that aren't my music, most are old files from visual voice mail?

Its not just MIUI. Every rom does this. In a way its good cause it organizes all your files but bad because i dont want to listen to my voicemails. I want to listen to music haha.

publicanimal

Reaction score
another quick question, car home is installed but not showing at all, does this rom not work with carhome?

Don't think it does man...in the OP I think there is a link for a zip with those apps in it...
ah no big deal as long as navigation speaks for me its cool, i will just uninstall carhome :p

Car Home DEFINITELY works, but there isn't an icon for it. If you want there to be one you'll need to pull CarHomeLauncher.apk from a different ROM and push it to /system/app, then fix permissions to match the rest of the apps in /system/app, or flash an update that re-adds this app (there must be one out there).

I always manually add it to the ROM before flashing it with every new version.

Z

ZeroBarrier

Its not just MIUI. Every rom does this. In a way its good cause it organizes all your files but bad because i dont want to listen to my voicemails. I want to listen to music haha.

You can make a blank file to to let the system know which folders not to scan for media.

Just make any old txt file on your PC, rename it (extension and all) from new.txt to .nomedia and place that .nomedia file in any folder (root folder or child) that you don't want the system to scan for audio, video and images.

r8rfan1010

Reaction score
Everything is working great for me with the exception of the MMS.apk I am able to receive pictures with no problem but if someone sends a video, it appears to be playing the video but the screen is frozen on the very first part of the video and appears to be a JPG. Cannot get video to work :-( Please assist.

publicanimal

Reaction score

You can make a blank file to to let the system know which folders not to scan for media.

Just make any old txt file on your PC, rename it (extension and all) from new.txt to .nomedia and place that .nomedia file in any folder (root folder or child) that you don't want the system to scan for audio, video and images.

Damn, great tip! I'm going to do this now.

Is there a way to make it file type specific? For example, I have lots of album art in my music folders on my SD Card that I want to stop showing up in the gallery, but I obviously still want to music files to show up in the music player.

Z

ZeroBarrier

You'll have to embed the album art into the music, easily done with a wide range of programs. I personally use mp3tag, it does batch editing of id3 tags for a wide range of formats.

publicanimal

Reaction score
I understand how to get the album art to show in the music player. What I want is for the album art to stop showing up in the gallery without keeping music files in the same folders from showing up in the music player. My understanding of your previous post is that placing a .nomedia file in a folder will keep pics in that folder from showing up in the gallery AND keep music in that folder from showing up in the music player.

Z

ZeroBarrier

Again, You have to embed the album art inside the music file itself, not the folder in which your music files are in...

mp3tag, look it up, do a Google search on embedding album art into ID3tag's.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
I understand how to get the album art to show in the music player. What I want is for the album art to stop showing up in the gallery without keeping music files in the same folders from showing up in the music player. My understanding of your previous post is that placing a .nomedia file in a folder will keep pics in that folder from showing up in the gallery AND keep music in that folder from showing up in the music player.

Well if you use Album Art Grabber it will provide album covers for all of your music and it wont show up in the gallery. The mp3tag he referred to might do the same but I've never used it. But I don't know if you'll want to do that since you already have it all downloaded. But, if you use AAG, you could delete all of those and just have that app scan your music, add albums covers and you can manually add ones if they aren't correct or didn't add it. It also saves it on the SD, etc.

jellybean420

Reaction score
circle battery mod bootlooped my phone .. FYI

If you have a cpl ppl in the mms app u already sent msgs to, then go to make a new msg it shows ur recent contacts so you just click on em and it makes a new msg. So much easier then typing in their numbers.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed the battery is hot as hell with this release

This one has kept mine the coolest of them all so far. I have the Slayher LFY 1.1Ghz kernel and I stay in the 80's for the most part. I can get in the 100's and what not but that's if using it while charging or playing a game. Sometimes it's even in the 70's. I'm glad because I can actually keep this version.

publicanimal

Reaction score
Again, You have to embed the album art inside the music file itself, not the folder in which your music files are in...

mp3tag, look it up, do a Google search on embedding album art into ID3tag's.

Frustratingly unhelpful advice. Some of the folders have several album art files for the same album, front cover, back cover, gatefolds, etc. Simply editing the id3tag by embedding one of these files into the ID3 tags won't stop all these extra files from showing up in the gallery. I'm not sure why you don't just say "I don't know how to do that". I should have known there wasn't an easy solution in the first place.

I have 25+ gigs of music on my SD card (32 GB card) so I'm trying to avoid having to go through and edit all the tags or go through and delete all the extraneous art files. I don't need all the files on my SD but I'm too lazy to go through and manually deal with all the files. Anyway, forget I asked.

Well if you use Album Art Grabber it will provide album covers for all of your music and it wont show up in the gallery. The mp3tag he referred to might do the same but I've never used it. But I don't know if you'll want to do that since you already have it all downloaded. But, if you use AAG, you could delete all of those and just have that app scan your music, add albums covers and you can manually add ones if they aren't correct or didn't add it. It also saves it on the SD, etc.

I use Album Art Grabber, but every time I wipe to flash a new ROM I have to go back through and reselect all the album art. Do you know if these settings can be retained by backing up data for AAG in Titanium Backup?

Last edited: