Official Team D1-MIUI-10.29-V6.X Release

JLangevin

Reaction score
Just tested text message notification. My light lights up no problem.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Im not having an issue with txt notifications, but email notifications. I get the LED but no sound.

perfoliate

Reaction score
Before restoring any apps or settings try testing things out first. Make a couple texts and calls and if you can send them to your phone. That's one of the things I do when testing. I do the same thing after installing apps to make sure and I haven't had a single force close and neither has Zen.

Okay, fresh install tested making and recieving calls as well as texts. All good so far. I'm now going to begin reinstalling apps. Im gonna start with voice and see how it goes from here.

OP
M

metiCkOne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Portland, OR/Boston, MA <-- Born N' Raised
Before restoring any apps or settings try testing things out first. Make a couple texts and calls and if you can send them to your phone. That's one of the things I do when testing. I do the same thing after installing apps to make sure and I haven't had a single force close and neither has Zen.

Okay, fresh install tested making and recieving calls as well as texts. All good so far. I'm now going to begin reinstalling apps. Im gonna start with voice and see how it goes from here.

Okay good, I like where this is going.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I wish the MIUI dev would stop putting out updates so much with stuff that still isnt fixed. They fix one thing...and then something else (that used to work) doesnst work anymore.

They go from network location working, to not working in new versions.

IMHO new versions are supposed to fixes to things that werent working. Not fixing one thing and breaking another. That defeats the purpose. Plus Having to full wipe flash each week sucks when something in v5 worked and now doesnt work in v6.

I wish MIUI would hold off on releasing their full stable working version after a month of work rather than taking one step forward and one step back with each release.

I am referring to the chinese devs by the way...not D1 team.

Yakitori, do not speculate without having tried first. Network location works fine. And you do not have to full wipe... there's no point in it. The official Chinese versions do not require a full wipe so there is no reason that the English version need this either.

I have not flashed, so whats wrong with speculating by what others have been posting? Nothing....its human nature...its called reasoning.

The point is that many things that get fixed, causes probs elsewhere OR gets overlooked in these weekly releases. So...either one fix breaks something else OR they arent being as thorough with quality check before releasing.

So...with all these phone fc's etc...and me not flashing yet...is it okay for me to speculate now? I still gather info before I flash. I dont like flashing every week. You are missing my point altogether.

The MIUI devs are releasing these updates and its still not completely 100 percent working rom. Dont get me wrong...I still use MIUI (and dont plan on switchin to anything yet), but being honest that...not EVERYTHING works and there have been countless weekly updates. My point is SAVE the updates for when stuff is fixed (noticably). I think you missed my point.

Ozzie

Reaction score
I think I found a fix, sit tight guys.

Edit: I actually mean I think I found the possible issue that is causing acore fc's.

LOL...got me yet again metick...I was just stopping in to see if it was safe yet...

OP
M

metiCkOne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I think I found a fix, sit tight guys.

Edit: I actually mean I think I found the possible issue that is causing acore fc's.

LOL...got me yet again metick...I was just stopping in to see if it was safe yet...

IMHO it's safe as long as you install it they way I recommended. Everything is working fine for me.

Ozzie

Reaction score
Gotcha...thanks...

...a little yardwork to make wifey happy and I can play for a while...:)

joyu

Reaction score
The MIUI devs are releasing these updates and its still not completely 100 percent working rom. Dont get me wrong...I still use MIUI (and dont plan on switchin to anything yet), but being honest that...not EVERYTHING works and there have been countless weekly updates. My point is SAVE the updates for when stuff is fixed (noticably). I think you missed my point.

I respectfully disagree, I like having the choice of trying out new ROMs even if they may not be 100% stable, and those who want to wait for comments have the choice to do so. I am not trying to start a flame war, this is just my opinion.

Thanks for the quick updates everyone involved.

frostthejack

Reaction score
I wish the MIUI dev would stop putting out updates so much with stuff that still isnt fixed. They fix one thing...and then something else (that used to work) doesnst work anymore.

They go from network location working, to not working in new versions.

IMHO new versions are supposed to fixes to things that werent working. Not fixing one thing and breaking another. That defeats the purpose. Plus Having to full wipe flash each week sucks when something in v5 worked and now doesnt work in v6.

I wish MIUI would hold off on releasing their full stable working version after a month of work rather than taking one step forward and one step back with each release.

I am referring to the chinese devs by the way...not D1 team.

Yakitori, do not speculate without having tried first. Network location works fine. And you do not have to full wipe... there's no point in it. The official Chinese versions do not require a full wipe so there is no reason that the English version need this either.

I have not flashed, so whats wrong with speculating by what others have been posting? Nothing....its human nature...its called reasoning.

The point is that many things that get fixed, causes probs elsewhere OR gets overlooked in these weekly releases. So...either one fix breaks something else OR they arent being as thorough with quality check before releasing.

So...with all these phone fc's etc...and me not flashing yet...is it okay for me to speculate now? I still gather info before I flash. I dont like flashing every week. You are missing my point altogether.

if you dont like weekly updates then wait till they announce a stable release.

everyone knows that if they install the weekly update it will likely be unstable.

ipadl

Reaction score
I'm thinking back to my personal install history, and there may have been something fishy. I think I installed the 6.1 ROM, then realized that I forgot to triple wipe. I hadn't left recovery yet, so I then triple wiped and reinstalled the rom. This might have been my problem. So far, the new install is working correctly. I will update if anything else changes.

Thanks for your work.

Seth

OP
M

metiCkOne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Okay I'm gonna take a break from this for a few hours. I will try and duplicate the problems some of you have. Help each other out in the mean time if you can. If haven't done the steps below and have issues than it's probably not a legit bug.

- Flash 6.1 after wiping data/cache

- Do not install any other zips over it whatsoever (yet)

- When phone boots skip the activation as seen in the attached pic (tap each corner of the screen don't swipe)

- Do not use any app to restore data no titanium backup or anything like it at all!

- To get network location on go into settings-personal tab at the bottom-security and privacy-Use wireless networks.

Please don't report bugs if you're using a modded version of the rom. It's not personal, we just don't support things we don't do.If you've done all of these things and still have problems than post them up in the thread.

Last edited:

JLangevin

Reaction score
Metick, any idea on why Im not getting email notification sounds? I get LED and icon but not the sound. SMS works fine.

OP
M

metiCkOne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Metick, any idea on why Im not getting email notification sounds? I get LED and icon but not the sound. SMS works fine.

I don't know yet. I don't use the app. I'm gonna have to setup a hotmail account to test it lol. I'll look into it though.

To Everyone: Also, I updated the op with what I just posted so everyone knows.

perfoliate

Reaction score

Okay good, I like where this is going.

Okay I've reinstalled voice and all my other apps. Everything appears to be working fine so I'm gonna run this for few hours without changing anything and see if the issue happens to creep up on me again. Thanks for the hard work guys :)