Official Team D1-MIUI-10.29-V6.X Release

o Fi1thy

Reaction score
little sms question....I dont see anywhere in the sms settings to where i can set the enter button to send. Am I missing it? I keep pressing it without looking and go back 5 min later and its not sent lol other wise no FC's for me this thing is running smooth and battery is working great also

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yakitori, do not speculate without having tried first. Network location works fine. And you do not have to full wipe... there's no point in it. The official Chinese versions do not require a full wipe so there is no reason that the English version need this either.

I have not flashed, so whats wrong with speculating by what others have been posting? Nothing....its human nature...its called reasoning.

The point is that many things that get fixed, causes probs elsewhere OR gets overlooked in these weekly releases. So...either one fix breaks something else OR they arent being as thorough with quality check before releasing.

So...with all these phone fc's etc...and me not flashing yet...is it okay for me to speculate now? I still gather info before I flash. I dont like flashing every week. You are missing my point altogether.

The MIUI devs are releasing these updates and its still not completely 100 percent working rom. Dont get me wrong...I still use MIUI (and dont plan on switchin to anything yet), but being honest that...not EVERYTHING works and there have been countless weekly updates. My point is SAVE the updates for when stuff is fixed (noticably). I think you missed my point.

if you dont like weekly updates then wait till they announce a stable release.

everyone knows that if they install the weekly update it will likely be unstable.

Well, what you dont realize is that its causing everyone to work harder than we should have to (ie d1 team, themers, users). I am not saying that there is no pro's in releasing weekly versions of the ROM.

In the long run, wether you like playing weekly, this will lead to a lack of interest in themes for MIUI. Truth be told, whats the value of working on a theme when you know a full wipe rom will be released in 7 days...when you worked on a theme for 5 days. Users like myself only have a themed version for 2 days.

Also, look at all of you scrambling around like ants trying to get crap to work. This could all be avoided, as well as not promoting a lack of interest by those willing to theme/enhance features....if they would get the crap working right in the first place before releasing it.

Also, I am not referring to Metickone or Zen or Jamezelle...those guys are our workhorses....but if you fail to acknowledge it is a lot of work to fix issues as they arise every week...that would be foolish.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions...but your opinions wont mean jack squat about MIUI if people get tired of having to work their butts off because of weekly updates...and possibly stop working on it altogether...just because it takes away from their personal lives. How long do you think people are willing to continue working on stuff that could have been fixed by the chinese developers before releasing. I do understand that there are different features that are designed specifically for use in china (which may have little importance to us here).

Spaniard85

Reaction score
Before restoring any apps or settings try testing things out first. Make a couple texts and calls and if you can send them to your phone. That's one of the things I do when testing. I do the same thing after installing apps to make sure and I haven't had a single force close and neither has Zen.

Okay, fresh install tested making and recieving calls as well as texts. All good so far. I'm now going to begin reinstalling apps. Im gonna start with voice and see how it goes from here.

Currently doing the same.

joyu

Reaction score
I have not yet re flashed according to your procedure metiCkOne.

My location was working in weather yesterday when I flashed, and after I restored some apps using MIUI backup. Today when i woke up it was no longer working.

-I went into the task manager and did a force stop on news and weather, the problem was still there.

-I removed the widget, did a force stop, and a clear data with wifi on it now got my location almost instantly.

-With the widget still removed, I changed over to 3g, did a force stop (the clear data was grayed out), loaded weather and again it grabs my location almost instantly.

Good luck.

Spaniard85

Reaction score
Okay I'm gonna take a break from this for a few hours. I will try and duplicate the problems some of you have. Help each other out in the mean time if you can. If haven't done the steps below and have issues than it's probably not a legit bug.

- Flash 6.1 after wiping data/cache

- Do not install any other zips over it whatsoever (yet)

- When phone boots skip the activation as seen in the attached pic (tap each corner of the screen don't swipe)

- Do not use any app to restore data no titanium backup or anything like it at all!

- To get network location on go into settings-personal tab at the bottom-security and privacy-Use wireless networks.

Please don't report bugs if you're using a modded version of the rom. It's not personal, we just don't support things we don't do.If you've done all of these things and still have problems than post them up in the thread.

Sounds good, boss. We appreciate all your hard work, so take your time doing whatever you need to do bro. I'll refrain from flashing any font zips and I'll just start redownloading some semi-crucial apps of mine until you give the go-ahead for restoring apps.

o Fi1thy

Reaction score
I just used MIUI backup and it worked fine. I mean it missed some apps in and got stuck at 95% but i cant think of anything im missing really

Jizzylax

Reaction score
Looking good! But have a few issues:

1) Search touch button does not function (press or hold, neither works)
2) No location in Weatherbug Elite or Weather and News app (GPS on nor GPS off). Google maps picks me up though.
3) As was already stated here somewhere, going into Phone, Settings .... half the options are in Chinese.
4) None of my apps restored.

Lots of improvement since the last version I loaded.

joyu

Reaction score
Clean install, no more FC on the phone app, but location still not working for maps or weather apps

Try toggling the use wireless network (Settings -> personal -> security an privacy). I turned it off, exited the settings, re-entered turned it on. Enter app manager (by holding home) go to the news and weather app, force stop it, clear data.

My weather synced after I did these things.

ipadl

Reaction score
Funny. I triple wiped, reinstalled the ROM and almost immediately started having fc issues with the dialer. Android.process.acorn strikes again...trying to decide between another wipe and flash or moving back to 5.1...

Rsswga

Reaction score
mms messages are still messed up

videos comes as slide shows..the audio comes qcp files, which droid want play
help

perfoliate

Reaction score
Okay, fresh install tested making and recieving calls as well as texts. All good so far. I'm now going to begin reinstalling apps. Im gonna start with voice and see how it goes from here.

Okay good, I like where this is going.

Okay I've reinstalled voice and all my other apps. Everything appears to be working fine so I'm gonna run this for few hours without changing anything and see if the issue happens to creep up on me again. Thanks for the hard work guys :)

Well so much for that. Just made another 10 minute phone call and upon hanging up I got the process.acore force close again. Now no dialer. something fishy is going on

mjh68

Reaction score
I keep getting phone dialer force close no matter what I do...time to flash back for now