[Official] Liberty 2.0 Bug Reports

dewayne1025

Reaction score
Just wanted to post. I was running a clean version of Liberty 2.0 and was having some foreclosure issues with the camera, videos and the liberty toolbox(mainly while trying to download a new theme or the add ons). So I reinstalled a backup of 1.5 liberty then installed 2.0 over that one without any wipeing and it has been running great not one forclose and everything is working very smooth. Hope this helps. Awesome rom guys. Liberty for life.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

MoeDaddy

Reaction score
Why does Liberty toolbox rom manager save backups to the liberty folder instead of clockwork? As is you have to move them to clockwork to restore...

Ch0s3n0n3

Reaction score
For some reason mms fc's when i try to open it...any ideas?

Sent from Liberated X

kasten66

Reaction score
Swype not working Droid 2

I searched and haven't seen this yet so adding in the hopes it helps with the debug effort. My swype no longer works properly. I went from Liberty 1.5 to 2.0 with no detour to GB. I backed up and wiped as directed and everything fine except for swype so far. I've been through everything I can think of like selecting the input method etc. Any ideas? The best way I can describe it is that I can swype on the keyboard and the line trace works but never polulates into any text box. I'm just swyping away for fun.

I'm new to the forum so bear with me but I have to also chime in with everyone else when I say thanks for the effort and totally worth $5. I was ALMOST going to go over to the dark side (iPhone) until I found Liberty. Now I am having so much fun with this phone I can hardly stand it.

Thanks for Liberating me.

**UPDATE**
I just received an error message that says this
"The swype package you installed is configured for another device and will operate with limited functionality. Please contact swype about this issue."

Dubin04

Reaction score
I just installed 2.0 on my womans phone, it was acting crazy like all of yours :) So I reinstalled skipped signing in to gmail, went settings, privacy, factory data reset and it works great. NO force closing on anything.

Ch0s3n0n3

Reaction score
Restored last 1.5 backup then reinstalled 2.0........life is good no more mms fc

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

InFaMoUsPrograms

Reaction score
Anybody have any clue when 2.0 will be released to public?

Chrussell1215

Reaction score
Not sure if this was some how my fault or a bug, but I downloaded and installed the inverted calendar from the Liberty Tool box, and lost my calendar completely. I still have the widget, and it is still functional, but the calendar app itself is not accessible.

uberbdon

Reaction score
So, this "fancy widget" app...I can't uninstall it without Titanium Backup or some other root-required program, isn't this the **** we ***** at our carriers or device manufactures for doing?

seanwristen

Reaction score
Ok love 2.0 but I am having trouble installing any themes. I have tried to install zip from SD card, nothing tried to install from tool box still no luck the only I can change themes is to reinstall old tool box and use the those themes but no luck with 2.0 themes. Please can some help me get this to work. Thank you

debrad0307

Reaction score
Restored last 1.5 backup then reinstalled 2.0........life is good no more mms fc

I just did that same thing. Everything is working great. Thanks for the tip!!

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you guys are having trouble installing theme's I think I can help.

For some reason it seems when you install a theme through the toolbox it misses a step in clockworkmod. I might be wrong but I notice in my steps....which I followed from the original post of the release thread...there is a part where you mount the system and all....well I don't know if the automated way does that. When I try to install from the toolbox it goes through the steps of installing and rebooting....asking if I want to back up and all that....goes through clockworkmod and runs it's thing...but when I reboot the theme isn't there....

So this is what I do. I have installed 8 or 9 theme's and all worked fine like this. Of course...I reverted back to Epic Blue each time but I really like that one....ANYWAY.... Providing you already downloaded the theme which I imagine you did when you tried to install it from the toolbox....if not then through the toolbox download the theme....when you do

it puts the file in

\mnt\sdcard\liberty\themes

So I open Droid 2 Bootstrap Recovery...click on "Bootstrap Recovery" then wait for "success" to pop up...click ok...click "reboot recovery"...

phone restarts...once in recovery

-select "mounts and storage"
-select mount /system
-"powerbutton" to go back
-select "install zip from sdcard"
-select "choose zip from sdcard"
-find and select (<insert theme name>.zip)

this is where you have to navigate to \mnt\sdcard\liberty\themes to find it

-select yes
-reboot

basically....I might have missed something but I am not going to do it right now on my phone. But that is how I have installed theme's without fail.

Koveleski

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.kovdev.com
I searched and haven't seen this yet so adding in the hopes it helps with the debug effort. My swype no longer works properly. I went from Liberty 1.5 to 2.0 with no detour to GB. I backed up and wiped as directed and everything fine except for swype so far. I've been through everything I can think of like selecting the input method etc. Any ideas? The best way I can describe it is that I can swype on the keyboard and the line trace works but never polulates into any text box. I'm just swyping away for fun.

I'm new to the forum so bear with me but I have to also chime in with everyone else when I say thanks for the effort and totally worth $5. I was ALMOST going to go over to the dark side (iPhone) until I found Liberty. Now I am having so much fun with this phone I can hardly stand it.

Thanks for Liberating me.

**UPDATE**
I just received an error message that says this
"The swype package you installed is configured for another device and will operate with limited functionality. Please contact swype about this issue."

Thats a license issue.. did you try flashing the zip again?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm just swyping away for fun.

Is it just me or is this not the funniest quote of the day right here? I couldn't stop laughing when I read this sentence in your post....I'm sorry dude but that's funny right there. I really wish I could help but to be honest I don't know if mine works or not as I have been using Swiftkey and had just started when 2.0 came out so I never actually used Swype on 2.0.